Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dowry system in India

Dowry system in India
    Dowry system in India is as old as History. Only the kind of things given has changed.

“Dowry” can be explained as things given in cash or kind to the bride at the time of wedding by her parents.

In very old days, only oats, maize, utensils were given.

With the passage of time, things changed. Standard of given things changed.
    Kings or wealthy people started giving gold ornaments, horses or land.
    Poor class people had been always much affected lot.

In modern society, though the standard of giving dowry has gone a drastic change.
    I think people have become more greedy now than before.

More and more innocent girls are becoming target of evil custom of dowry.

Heinous crimes of bride burning by their spouses and in-laws are increasing.

Youth should come forward to stop this evil things.

On Dowry
    =======

Earlier in Ancient time Dowry was given to Girls when she was marring and moving into to his hubby house at that time, girls family were used to give wealth (i.e. dowry) to their daughter as she will be in new place in new environment so she must not be financially week because at that time after marriage girl were not used to get right in property of their father family but she used to get right in property of his husband.

Now In present scenario in India law has change Girl does have right in property of his father as well as his husband.

So people those who were not able to understand this love of parent towards their daughter in ancient India, Believes it is a custom to get dowry and to give dowry.

In India it is Illegal to take Dowry.

“Taking dowry is against the law, but in the interest of getting the girl married, in most of the cases this is never publicized.”

I will also say ....rich girls father tries to buy husband for their daughter, they all want their daughter to be more secure financially so they always tell boys parent that we will give you good dowry if you accept the alliance of our daughter with your boy.

Here boy may be very qualified like technocrat, Doctor, lecturer, Lawyer, Journalist, Administrative officer etc.

I have friend his name is Pushkar Prabhat Saxena I know him from my childhood he said that he don’t need dowry during process of his alliance, girls family said there is some problem in boy why they are not asking for dowry, otherwise he is software engineer highly paid having good money financially strong, good guy mature sensible but still his first alliance was broken like this. But right now he is married and living happily.

So as per experience of Pushkar he said If some one gives you dowry you take it don’t say anything, and if they don’t give its their wish. You just don’t say you need or you don’t need.

So it’s not only boy’s fault or boys family, females parent are also involved in that.

Frankly speaking I am boy I know my parent will not ask for dowry because I know them & they taught me Dowry is bad evil in society. And In case if any family member say which is not possible in my case I will not going to listen them, I know I am male once I am married my parent and other family have to accept my choice ..I AM INDEPENDENT & SELF DEPENDENT.

Boys do have to get up against this evil and they have to say no to Dowry. They should understand one day they are going to be father of any girl.

There were incidents in the last few years where some girls walked out from marriages protesting against dowry. This has caught media's attention, & for every once information the name of girl is Nisha she is now married with some other guy.

Now The Dowry has changed in some other form…e.g. Software Engineer Boy need Software Engineer Girl or doctor or girl doing some job or professionally qualified.

And professionally qualified girl also accept such alliance, Even before falling in love gal will see what is the education of boy what he do, love is not done blindly everything is calculated. Girls can say that they are equal to male but fact is that they cannot be because they always think that their husband should be more qualified than them he should be more earning. This the way girls thinks in India...

In India if Girl is from IIM (i.e. who did management from Indian Institute of Management) she required Boy from IIM, is it like that they both can have same type of understanding if they study in IIM ? so calculation is everywhere…..

I already had mention all this above thing on some other issue in this forum... ..I had repeated this for monica

Its me Social worker
    Sunilkumar

Monica, check below link to know opinion of other people on dowry ...

http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/showthr...ighlight=Dowry
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

dowry system
      Dowry system has become a very big problem in our india.it can be ended only by ourselves.
      every day we read in newspaper how young women has tortured for the sake of dowry.
      a woman here is burnt to death, a woman there is poisoned,etc.
      we can not stope it till then when every woman will not take action for this.
      it is easy to give dowry, for the richest people.
      but for the poor people , they can not efford.
      for end of this system
      women should be educated
      so that they can know about thier rights.
      and should fight for that.
      Last edited by sukhdeep kaur; 10-19-2006, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X