Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different Types of Indian Rotis (Breads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Types of Indian Rotis (Breads)

The list is very long, where do I start? Let’s begin with the humble roti. Different houses, different areas and different manner of making it. We have thin phulkas, thick rotis and also the Maharashtrian ghadichi poli (Roti with folds).
    Next in line parathas; plain ones, stuffed ones, layered ones. Stuffed with everything from potatoes, cottage cheese, radishes, spinach, onions , lentils and so many as there is no end to the innovations in parathas.And if we have them with fresh white butter ohhh yummm (Punjabi in me is speaking now )

Then there are fried breads, the little puri being the most common, followed by its big brother the bhatura and the famous Kachoris filled with peas or as in Rajasthan with onion and dals. There are baked ones too! The famous Rajasthani dish, Dal Baati. The Baati is actually a bread that is baked in charcoal which gives it that wonderful smoky flavour.In UP it is know as litti sometimes it is filled with sattu also. Another beautiful roti from Rajasthan is the Khoba Roti which is pinched all over the surface to give it a unique design.

Then we have the sweet rotis Puranpolis and Gulpolis (breads stuffed with sweetened mashed lentil filling and jaggery respectively)

The list will go on so come on and write the ones which you know and are not mentioned here. Let the rotis roll out
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Wow.... and that's what India called Incredible Spicy. Great yummy post. As usual Indian style dough flour miracles have made a lot of innovations, and still processing new ideas from that Roties to Polis. Variety of bfast, lunches, dinners snacks, sweets all giving with different taste. Almost everything from roti family you mentioned. Just missed Naan and dosa i suppose.

Comment

Working...
    X