Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we have to touch other people's feet in Hinduism??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we have to touch other people's feet in Hinduism??

My question, why do we have to lick and touch other people's feet in Hinduism. What's the point of that. Can't you show respect in some other way.

Why do girls always have to cover their head with sari or whatever when in front of an elderly person. Why if you don't cover are you gonna die???

Dear very smart and sensible rohit khaitan. Can you give me an answer?

It is wrong to say you have to lick the feet. It is Job of doggies. If you do that you are showing your class.

Covering the head was not part of the hindu rituals. It was imparted by the muslim contact during the middle ages. It is suppressing to say that those customs which were bad and unscientific spread from one community to another very fast.
    Last edited by Puneet Sood; 04-15-2007, 12:12 PM.
    Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
      My question, why do we have to lick and touch other people's feet in Hinduism. What's the point of that. Can't you show respect in some other way.

Why do girls always have to cover their head with sari or whatever when in front of an elderly person. Why if you don't cover are you gonna die???

Dear very smart and sensible rohit khaitan. Can you give me an answer?

Do you have to lick anybodys feet in hinduism??? I didnt know that. We dont have this practise. If its there in your family you should change it.

Personally i dont believe in any religion so i find no need to defend the custom of touching anybodys feet or that of covering their heads with sarees for woman.

But I dont think all hindus stand up and say that all women must do it. And if u dont do it its haram. And God will give u great rewards for doing it. Neither does any hindu says that going to dance classes or music classes or skating is haram.

IF any one says i call it non sense.

Moreover as puneet already pointed out these practises do not hamper the economical, psycological and physcial growth of a person as burqa system does.

Comment

Anyway I have to post the entry as the topic of burqa and this one are co-related.

Therefore it must be read along with the topic of burqa
        Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Working...
        X