Thanedar Himachal Pradesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanedar Himachal Pradesh

At a short distance of just 80 kms from Shimla on the old Hindustan-Tibet road lies Kotgarh. In 1916 Samuel Stokes, a social worker from Philadelphia brought the first apple saplings to Kotgarh, the place he adopted as his home. And thus began the saga of Himachal Apples. In fact, one can still see the ‘Starking Delicious’ apple orchard that he planted there. The Banjara
    Orchard Retreat, Thanedar, Kotgarh: Nestled among acres of apple trees is the Banjara Orchard Retreat. Here, fully furnished rooms with attached baths are waiting to play host to you, and a well-equipped kitchen is all set to tempt your taste buds.

Among the many visual treats here are:

Tani-Jubbar Lake at a short distance of 6 kms which is famous for the ‘Nag Devta’ temple built along the lake.
    The Hatu Peak, which at 3352m offers a panoramic view of the snowline.
    St. Maryís Church, one of the oldest churches in India.
    The Parmjyotir Temple, built by Stokes in the Pahari style.
    Lose yourself in the lush surrounds of this beautiful littlerchard-town or take short treks or jeep safaris to thearious sites.
    When to visit - The Retreat is open throughout the year.
    You can also visit sangla valley
    Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
    www.indiabook.com
    Business
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Hi Megri,
    well Its nice information about Thanedar of Himachal Pradesh.
    I think Best time to visit : The Retreat stays open all year round. However temperatures vary with the seasons. April - November - Pleasant days (light woolens) and cold nights. December - March - Likelihood of snow and minimum temperatures.touch zero degrees C.

what about sangla valley.
    Self Trust Is The First Secret Of Success
    Speed of the Boss is the speed of the team
    Be a part of the solution, Not a part of the problem
    and Life Tells you Nothing, It Shows you Everything

Web Hosts Directory
    SEO Directory
    Computer Games

Comment

I have heard Sangla is a very beautiful and peaceful place.Anyone gone there.Do share your views with us about your visit.
      IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Working...
      X