Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big brother show.

Freinds.

I think its not fair what they did in Big brother show about our bollywood actress Shilpa shetty. Give your opinions here

Personally Speaking.....

Personally speaking, on the subject of Reality TV....I've always maintained that programmes such as BB usually give a wrong impression of the nicer Brits who live here! I think outsiders watching the programme are lead to believe that 'all' Brits behave in such a manner when they quite cleary don't! Shouldn't we be promoting Britain as a 'nicer' country for our foreign visiters, a place where there are 'nice' people living within it?!

Although I don't watch the reality tv programme that has been under a lot of criticism recently, I'd have to admit to reading the newspapers and judging from some of the articles I've read so far, all it really shows are a bunch of 'catty' females behaving particularly nasty towards a very pretty woman. Unfortunatley jealousy and cattiness can be quite rife amongst many females sometimes and you usually find that the females who do not regularly socialize in large groups or gangs are usually the ones who have much more class about them anyway!

I would suggest that none of it was particularly racially motivated, just a bunch of 'catty' females, however had something been said that was particularly racist, then that would be a different matter therefore people should always try to get along together anyway so that it alliaviates problems such as this happening. All it takes is a little bit of education, that's all!

However there are many people who do not understand where to draw the line when it comes to not liking someone because they are different to themselves and sometimes without even saying anything racially abusive, they can find other ways to make a persons life feel particularly miserable sometimes....and really these people need to understand that there are many people who have a similar sense of humour and they speak and behave just the as good as anyone else only they may have a different religeon or a different colour skin to their own but it doesn't mean that they don't have feelings! Quite the contrary really as some females can behave in a particularly hurtful manner because of the hurtful things that they say or do sometimes. Then there are others who see you being different to them so they avoid you because they don't understand how to behave when they are in the company of someone who happens to be different to themselves! I can offer some good advice here, if you want to get along with just about anyone, just remember a few golden rules so that you do not offend anyone! Try not to go on about them being too different to you, try not to avoid mentioning their religious beliefs particularly if you don't understand them, try not to talk/ discuss too heavily about politics as you could lead on to a touchy subject and try to accept that some people swear sometimes, but it's much nicer when they don't! There's always going to be some people who may not like the same things as you, however we should all learn to tolerate these things and try to get along together. Show a little respect, that's all it takes!

I like to take people as I find them, if they're friendly and nice towards me then i'm friendly and nice in return!

Oh and smile a little, it helps!

SmileyRose x

Last edited by SmileyRose; 01-19-2007, 05:31 PM.

Comment

She's The Winner Even If She Does Get Voted Out!

Well if the British public have any heart at all, they'd vote Shilpa out of the BB house to save her from the evil claws of all those cats! Oh and if she is voted out she need not look at it as losing because she's by far the 'winner' anyway! It's just who really wants to be a winner on a programme such as that one anyway!
      Last edited by SmileyRose; 01-21-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

She's The Winner Even If She Does Get Voted Out!

Well if the British public have any heart at all, they'd vote Shilpa out of the BB house to save her from the evil claws of all those cats! Oh and if she is voted out she need not look at it as losing because she's by far the 'winner' anyway! It's just who really wants to be a winner on a programme such as that one anyway!
        Last edited by SmileyRose; 01-21-2007, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Oh!

Oh and I'd also like to mention here that at what point should we consider someone behaving in a racist manner? For instance, if someone else makes a racist jibe in front of you and it referrs to someone else who is of a similar cast to yourself and then they are not particularly nice to you also, should one consider this as them behaving racist towards you? Just wondering as I've had something similar happen to me in the past!
          Last edited by SmileyRose; 01-19-2007, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Well, nice to read your comments. let we see what will happen in future about in this issue.

Comment

I've just read about the recent events re BB and I see that the female who was mostly behind all of the 'cattiness/jibes' towards Shilpa has admitted to a bit of racism, she has also now been evicted from the BB house!

I also read about some of the comments that were made towards Shilpa and I can now see that it was all just a little more that just 'cattiness' or jealousy involved here as there was indeed many inappropriate comments made re her race and lot's of jibes re the same. However one could forgive me for not realizing this because if you don't hear the comments first hand yourself then it's very easy not to believe them until such a time someone has pointed them out to you.

It's great the 'catty' one has now been evicted, however will the publicty now make her even richer one wonders?! It's very easy to apologise and then come out with some other publicity stunt to try to keep herself in the limelight and in the mean time Shilpa remains the one with the hurt feelings and the case is just written off as just another one of those 'racism' incidents who in time eveyone will forget about, however it seems that the loser always undoubtedly ends up the winner because she'll now become even richer on all of her future stories the media will write about her!

As for me, I suppose with my own circumstances it was far better for me to keep silent because what can really be done to stop future incidents ever happening again as there's always going to be some other unintelligent person out there who just may say or do exactly the same thing to me again! I found it far better to rise above it all because I know I'm the far 'better' person at the end of the day anyway!

Comment

I've just read about the recent events re BB and I see that the female who was mostly behind all of the 'cattiness/jibes' towards Shilpa has admitted to a bit of racism, she has also now been evicted from the BB house!

I also read about some of the comments that were made towards Shilpa and I can now see that it was all just a little more that just 'cattiness' or jealousy involved here as there was indeed many inappropriate comments made re her race and lot's of jibes re the same. However one could forgive me for not realizing this because if you don't hear the comments first hand yourself then it's very easy not to believe them until such a time someone has pointed them out to you as I do not watch the programme myself.

It's great the 'catty' one has now been evicted, however will the publicy now make her even richer one wonders?! It's very easy to apologise and then come out with some other publicity stunt to try to keep herself in the limelight and in the mean time Shilpa remains the one with the hurt feelings and the case is just written off as just another one of those 'racism' incidents who in time eveyone will forget about, however it seems that the loser always undoubtedly ends up the winner because she'll now become even richer on all of her future stories the media will write about her!

As for me, I suppose with my own circumstances it was far better for me to keep silent because what can really be done to stop future incidents ever happening again as there's always going to be some other unintelligent person out there who just may say or do exactly the same thing to me again! I found it far better to rise above it all because I know I'm the far 'better' person at the end of the day anyway!
                Last edited by SmileyRose; 01-21-2007, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Besides!

Besides, I believe no-one can insult you without your permission.

Comment

Who cares what happens on a TV show. This is exactly what the producers of the show want to happen.

More talk ('buzz' as we call it in the US) means that more people watch the show. More people watching the show means more money for the producers.

Don't buy into it.

Comment

Shipla Wins

Well I see that Shipla won in the end which is good for her, however I can't help thinking if she would have won had there not been all of the controversy that's been going on with regards to the way she was treated in the BB house! I know the way in which she was treated was wrong and those females were 'extremely' catty towards her, but remember to begin with she was only third favourite to win, so would she had won on her own merits one wonders as I like to be fair when it comes to deciding upon these things. Personally speaking I think Shipla would have won anyway, but purely because after listening to purely her interviews she by far has the nicest personality in the house anyway and she seems to outshone all of the others without all of the other fuss and attention that went on. She's also a very pretty woman which one can't help thinking if it was race related or whether or not it was just pure jealousy that went on in that house!

So to sum it all up, I'd say she deserved to win!

Comment

Shilpa won the Show.
                        Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
                        www.indiabook.com
                        Business
                        Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Ok. You mean it was publicity stunt ?

Originally posted by denhou1974
                          Who cares what happens on a TV show. This is exactly what the producers of the show want to happen.

More talk ('buzz' as we call it in the US) means that more people watch the show. More people watching the show means more money for the producers.

Don't buy into it.

Comment

Shilpa Shetty - do not agree with her win!!! From UK.

This is my view of Shilpa's Shetty's win. There was no money-power challenge for her. It also seems a fix for political reasons.

Shilpa only won through controlling people and with the help of Jermaine. Jermaine made her into a UK star!!! Not all Indians (Indian origin) in the UK have been for Shilpa!

I feel Shilpa was getting too much +ve publicity in the UK. I found her to be controlling + very camera conscious. She knew it and knew too how to impress us which I call it calculating! She loves attention! Shilpa is not an innocent lamb. Her behaviour was quite provocative too and Jade failed to address the issue in a civilised manner as she did with Ken. She deals it through a non-intelligent way of "shoutings" which of course is unacceptable and no solution is ever provided. Just more agro.

Daniella is very attractive and give her another few more years and she will be more mature in looks and thinking, than Shilpa is now at the age of 31. Daniella's dancing was fantastic. FANTASTIC! It got me into the 70's mood too with that song, "You sexy machine". It seems people have become frightened to say anything against Shilpa, including the presenters! Why did she not then volunteer to be a "servant"in the BB House? Too low for it??? Shilpa wants things her way and it must go her way too. It put me off from watching further shows.

Daniella's comments "F*** must go home"......how can this be racist? Shilpa do not have a permanent home here in the UK. If Shilpa was living in the UK, why should that also be racist? It was like saying to her to go back to live with her family where she can live a "pedestal life" as she was not fitting with them and vice versus. Daniella did not say..."go back to her/your country." If Shilpa had returned the same comment to Daniella, in India...... would that have been classed as racist to tell her to go back "home" (that is Scotland)? No. India is not Daniella's home. It would be counted as being disrespectful though.

There was definitely bullying going on as Shilpa is a control-freak! These immature girls fought back in a childish, school-ground type manner, instead of sitting down with her and telling her what they found wrong with her, not just once as Jade did, but everytime. I did find Shilpa annoying. If Jade had not made that outburst, Shilpa would have been voted out.

Shilpa said that she was in the BB House to represent the Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis....but did they want her to respresent them? Ask them??? She just wanted their votes and probably she did get them. So, what is she doing for them now!!! It was ALL very cleverly ingrained in her mind before she came to the BB House, UK. CALCULATING! People like the Indian lady, Jasveer (Jazz)Barton who introduced her to BB House has been left in the dark and ignored NOW.

In my view Shilpa is all plastic. There do not seem to be natural beauty as Daniella has. Her face is full of make up. Her make up "makes her up"!!! And she does not want anyone to see her face without make-up. Is this beauty???? No. She has none without make up!

Shilpa should have been placed with people who had money power as she has, or more than her eg Janet Jackson (Jermaine's sister) and others in that category. I wonder then if she would have won??? A BIG QUESTION left to answer??? Shilpa did make these women feel as if she was superior to them, and money-wise she was. She was placed with wrong set of females, and money do play a role in moulding one's mind set. It was NOT a fair game at all in which she won! With such females, she had to win! Carole was the most intelligent here and Shilpa was the one who got her in trouble and was up for eviction. Why did Shilpa not go to the Diary Room and ask then why she was not up for eviction as she was part of the conversation too? Isn't this lack of sensitivity and being a team player?!! Control freaks cannot be team players..... And, there was no money-power-female challenge for her, or intelligence-wise too after Carole's departure, but make her cry and wait for Jermaine to rescue her!

Shilpa WON HER OWN GAME! She created the arguments herself by wanting to be in charge of everything. Why did she not volunteer to be a "servant"? Too low for her? This is what put me off about her right from the start and forcing Jackie to pronounce her name. My official name cannot be pronounced either by an Anglo person. She started off this BULLY TACTICS herself.

Shilpa must now go and fight for the Daljits, lowest caste people of India. They are not wanted in India just because they were born in a certain family. How senseless is this! They get bullied everyday of their lives by the so called high class, which Shilpa comes from. How ironic that Shilpa had to face the bullying too? The Daljits are the servants of India.

The way Britain raised her falling Bollywood star image, she must now go and raise the Daljits image and class, and make them feel important too!!!

If her win will do this then it was worth it 100%.
                            An animal eg a cow or elephant, has more respect in India than a Daljit!!! United Kingdom.
                            Last edited by sarahuk; 02-09-2007, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe what I'm reading. Calling someone a "Dog," "****awalla," "Go home to the slums," and a whole host of other derogatory terms is not racist enough for you? I do agree there has been much more egregious racism in British society ("I should know because I grew up there") but that just goes to show how bad British racism is (see http://www.guardian.co.uk/race/story...99983,00.html). There are people who even today are scared to go out because British people scream "Pakis Go home" to them and throw bricks at their cars and through their home windows. Why is everyone in England focusing on BB without looking at the broader picture. The biggest probelm here is that this will blow over and incidents like the one in the article above will continue. I agree more needs to be done for Dalits. Providing 50% reservation in all higher education institutions and government jobs is not enough. Especially considering the other obstacles they have to face in everyday life. There needs to be more to narrow the gap in Indian society that exists between the SC/ST and the rest. And poverty gaps are showing a sign of narrowing But that's a problem India is working on. What is England going to do about its racism. Is it going to have a frank discussion or is it going to let this blow over and go back to the way things were.
                              Last edited by Nikster; 02-11-2007, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X