Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tips for coping with exams-phobia

Hi students,

Are you fearing with exam phobia ? Do not fear with exams as exams is testing time for every student. Examination time is a period of anxiety, nervousness and fear among every student. But do not worry.
    Here are some useful tips for coping withexams:

1. You should let draft your own timings for studies.
    Some children like to study in the morning and others at night. One can study very well in the night when everybody else is sleeping, but morning time is best for study in order to get optimum of study.

2. It is very important to keep taking breaks because if your mind gets fatigued you may sit at the table for long hours looking at the books and end up grasping nothing.

3. It is very important to have a well balanced diet because if you take a good healthy diet of vegetables, fibre and fruits.

4. Everybody gets nervous before the exams and to tackle it at that time as an emergency doesn’t work. But this can be done in the form of meditation or body stretching exercises. If you know how to tranquil your mind from the beginning, it helps when the exam time approaches.

5. I would suggest every student must take part in any sort of physical activity. Exercise is not only important for the body to be functional but it has been shown that exercise releases hormones, which are the good hormones called endorphins that relax the body and the mind. So, I would like to tell all the parents that please allow your children to have at least half an hour of some physical exercise since it is as important as study. It will not waste their time but rather help them perform much better.

6. Sometimes you are well prepared before the exams,but forget everything when you are revising the night before the exam and you have to prepare all over again. So coping with that problem one should relax the night before the exam and just go over the important points for revision. You cannot complete the whole course in one night.

7. I think, in order to overcome the level of difficulty in answering the questions, read the question paper very carefully and then give a moment of stress to your mind and note down in your mind what could be the answer, and don’t immediately start writing. Please leave space for that answer.

8. Parents are being blamed to be putting a lot of pressure on their children by comparing them to the neighbours’ children. I think this is wrong thing.
    They should be aware whether their child is capable of getting 95% or 60%, and then can always help him and support him to get a little more. I strongly feel that parents should be a solid rock behind their children, giving them unconditional love and helping them to realise their best potential.

9. Remember there is not short cut for hardworking. For incresing memory power and concentration I strongly recommend meditastion through Yoga.

So, friends study hard and follow my tips.
    Good luck for Exams.

There is no such thing as exam phobia: there is only preparedness for exams and non preparedness for exams.

Comment

hello

Thanks,Ashish.you have given important tips for students, preparing for exam.
      Last edited by Parveen Komal; 09-08-2005, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Nice Article. According to me, Exams are really the best part of student life. But it is true, Exam is like a phobia, which every student wants to pass it with great hardwok.
        This article is very helpful for students who are appearing or will appear in the exams.
        Megrisoft Team Member
        Search India

Comment

Regarding Topic

Good tips but here I want to state that exams are really very important part of a students life.If a student is serious about his result he will definately put his best and will score good marks.

I know that exam is not a phobia but in present times it has become so, by the pressures that the parents,teachers put on the students shoulders.Sometimes they get so depressed that they end in a suicide.

Depression can be cured and suicide can be prevented unless and until we decide not to put pressure on the students or we would loose our loved ones and only we would be responsible for this.
          Megrisoft team member
          Article Directory
          SEO India
          Link Building India

Comment

You are right arti, There are loads of pressure on students by their parents and social culture. Competition is also increasing day by day. Every person wants to come first in the huge traffic. No one can even see others in their own success path.
            That's why, suicides are increasing to get rid of unsuccessfulness.
            Megrisoft Team Member
            Search India

Comment

Working...
            X