Phone Tapping Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Tapping Issue?

Now a days, many Indian leaders are under the issue of phone tapping. Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Jan 9, 2006 alleged that the conversations of party president were tapped in the past and called for an investigation into this "serious issue" in which all parties have trust.

Tapping phone calls without information and permission of the home department is violation of democracy and goes against the privacy of a person.

"The phone tapping issue is getting murkier with every passing day. We have already given a notice for discussion on the issue when the Lok Sabha meets for the budget session next month. We will demand setting up of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to probe the matter," BJP deputy leader in the lower house V K Malhotra.

Private detective agency owner was arrested in connection with the phone tapping of Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh. Investigators were questioning the accused to ascertain whether somebody had hired them or they were tapping phones on their own.

The country should know how many telephones are being tapped, who are the political leaders under surveillance. The tapping of phones of Opposition leaders reminds one of Emergency days.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

What you guys feel about the phone tapping controversy? Who is the power behind it? Is there any involvement of militant group.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Several Ministers have come out saying Their phones are being tapped. But these all have come to take the advantage of Phone Tapping Issue to only make statements & issues against their opposite parties.

Guidelines to deal with Phone Tapping:

Home Secretary V K Duggal, Director-General of Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) T V Ramachandran said, "We are in the process to looking into the system as the security of the nation and privacy of an individual is a matter of concern."

Minister of State for Home Affairs Sriprakash Jaiswal, "There are laws to deal with phone tapping. But in this age of liberalization and globalization, when Information Technology and telecom sectors are growing at such a rapid pace, the scope of crimes such as this is also increasing,"

Union Law Minister H R Bhardwaj, "legislation was the only way out of phone tapping problem. He termed the phone tapping issue as 'serious'."

TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) Chairman Pradeep Baijal, had termed the phone tapping incident as " a serious breach of conduct by the private players".

The phone tapping issue about which the first allegation was made by Amar Singh, found takers in many political parties such as BJP and Trinamool. Don't you think that Ministers instead of handling any situation with peace, always make that issue big, bigger & biggest ?
      Megrisoft Team Member
      Search India

Comment

Heh, the same exact thing is happening here in the US.

Comment

By who though, the president himself George W. Bush. In India it seems like its the opposite. The big brothers are being phone tapped in India and the opposite is happening in America. India's situation is considered criminal while the latter is not. Regardless, everyone should have rights to privacy to atleast some degree. Funny thing though is that in the US its controllable but not in India. What could be done is perhaps to:

1. Upgrade our ancient technology (declare it though this time) and get ride of the foreigns modern technology.
          2. Make a sophisticated device to automatically trace all the phone taps and issue and disruption signal that could potentially destroy the phone on the other end or block senders outgoing calls to the reciever. Once traced find the destination of this call and surprise him with a big ticket.
          3. Modify the circuit switching system so that one call can be accepted at any one time and if two calls are needed to be made then privacy measures will be needed for the second call.
          4. Give the big brothers a new toy so they could stop crying - a separate private line for each which could only be used to make political decisions.

That reminds me how is the phone system and tax system in India like?
          Last edited by Omni; 02-06-2006, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Friends,

Does anybody has idea as Can I tap my own phone calls or not ?

If I talk with somebody and I may require that conversation be stored for my future reference.

OR may be I am running a marketing business where I need my employees to perform efficiently and that I also require their conversations to train new employees.

In that case how does this affect as far as legality is concerned ?

Comment

I think their phone call should be tapped. I heard from somewhere that this is CBI's work and by this process they have arrested lots of corrupted leaders.

Comment

Working...
              X