Online Jewellery Shopping is Safe or Risky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Jewellery Shopping is Safe or Risky

Looking to buy a jewellery for cousin's marriage. But don't have much time to go the market for it. Want to know, is there any risk of buying jewellery online?

It seems that no member in this forum purchases jewellery online. If there is anybody who frequently does online shopping, please tell me whether this online jewellery store is reliable or not. Should I buy jewellery from this site or I should visit a jeweler in my locality? Suggest a site if you have one (and please don't tell me Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon).

Waiting for response.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Parveen Komal; 03-23-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Guys and girls, at least tell me the ways to know whether a site is a genuine and reputed or not.

Comment

The best way to check the site is genuine or not you can check contact us as they provide no information about themselves and even did not provide update about the owner.

Comment

For jewellery shopping you should visit the Market not online.

Comment

Buying jewellery online is a safe process too If "It is quite safe in terms of supply the products move in a completely secure environment like payment mechanisms are already quite secure in India from bank transfers, verified by visa, plus the chunk of the business happens on cash collection mode before or at the time of the delivery".

Tips for online jewellery shopping:

Authenticity : Make sure that you purchase it from the website of a renowned jeweller.

Refund policy: Please make sure that you go through the refund policy of the jeweler.

Purity: 20k gold has 20 parts of gold and 4 parts of alloy, making it gold of 83.3% purity.

Hallmark certification: Whenever you buy gold, always look for Hallmark certification.

Payment terms: You should always use a secure form of payment when you buy anything online but especially high ticket items such as Tiffany 925.

Comment

I will recommend you to visit the website of bluestone.com as it provides various latest designs.
              It’s better to give than to receive. Especially advice

Comment

In my opinion it is safe. This i am telling by my own experience. These online will have lot more collections and designs compared to retail stores.

Comment

Yes, online jewellery shopping is safe, Follow some safe tips for buying jewellery online

Authenticity of the seller: Check the authenticity of the seller so that you don't fall into the trap of fraudulent websites.

Purity of the gold: 20k gold has 20 parts of gold and 4 parts of alloy, making it gold of 83.3% purity. Gold also comes in various colors depending upon the metal mixed with it.

Hallmark certification: Whenever you buy gold, always look for Hallmark certification.

Refund policy: Please make sure that you go through the refund policy of the jeweler.

Shipment charges: Before you order the item, know about the shipment charges

Comment

Thanks everyone for your replies especially @PriyankaDhariwal and @gurmeetkaur for providing so much information.

Has anyone done shopping with jewelsify.com?
                    I really like a diamond earring there but having a bit of hesitation in buying as it is looking a new website.
                    Last edited by iammaya; 07-29-2015, 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding content

Comment

Working...
                    X