Mumbai Hooch Tragedy: Wives, Widows Turn Detectives to Save Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai Hooch Tragedy: Wives, Widows Turn Detectives to Save Others

The Malwani hooch tragedy has already turned the heat on illicit alcohol rackets running in the city, and in order to shut down all such operations in the vicinity, the Mumbai Police have now unleashed a secret weapon - women who are fed up of their alcoholic husbands' ways.
    Over 100 wives have joined forces with Zone XI of the police department to flush out hooch racketeers from Goregaon to Dahisar who target their husbands with cheap, spurious liquor. Notably, many of these women are widows who lost their husbands to toxic booze in the recent Malwani moonshine case. These women are now providing information to the police and the Crime Branch about where their husbands would source the liquor from, and according to sources, this has helped cops raid as many as 36 places and make 22 arrests in the past few days.

One of the women from the team said, "My husband is alcoholic and he drinks daily. I want him to stop drinking this hooch that killed so many people. By working with the police, I am helping my own family and saving my husband's life."

Comment

Working...
    X