Not a question of racism but of indian dignity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a question of racism but of indian dignity

I see many companies advertise themselves as Indian based but when I see the visuals I see Whites, blacks, chinese but no indians. Why is that?

Originally posted by Omni
    I see many companies advertise themselves as Indian based but when I see the visuals I see Whites, blacks, chinese but no indians. Why is that?
    i think its becoz of the funda in mktg
    u sell wt is in demand
    even if u sell the same stuff...u present it in a way which the consumer might get influenced by...

hope i am making sense here

some recent cement ad...it shows some foreigner sayin "sabse sasta, sabse acha" or something like this,
    its becoz we psychologically believe tht foriegn goods are better in quality n superior over indian
    maybe u dont n i dont......but most do.

comments expected !!!

Comment

anonymous <== I am in UK i can say here is nothing that i can buy and take to india .. every thing i can get in india & which will be comparatively more cheap in my country (India/Bharat) ...

I know only one advertisement of cement ==> Es cement may jaan hai .... <== that was the punch line of advertise and i remember that.

So no need to show foreigner in advertisement... we are showing foreigner in advertisement because now we are dealing in global market.

In Advertisement Punch line (Word Positioning has lot to do) because we do advertisement of any product when it is newly launched in market secondly that consumer should remember such type of product exist... so to remember any product word positioning in advertisement is more important .... and for every small product there is advertisement in TV channel its difficult to remember everything we see so .. word positioning is important

Example of Few Advertisement
      =======================
      Pepesi ==> Yea Dil Mangay More
      Coca Cola ==> Tanda matlab Coca cola
      Mentos ==> deemak ki bati jaladay
      Surf Washing powder ==> Surf Excle haina
      JK white Cement ==> Es cement may Jaan hai.
      Durax Condom==> Love speaks only one language durax

Does it require to tell you now... who i am ?..
      Last edited by sunilkumar; 03-08-2006, 04:26 PM.
      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Originally posted by sunilkumar
        anonymous <== I am in UK i can say here is nothing that i can buy and take to india .. every thing i can get in india & which will be comparatively more cheap in my country (India/Bharat) ...
        AGREED

So no need to show foreigner in advertisement... we are showing foreigner in advertisement because now we are dealing in global market.
        ya...tht is one way of looking at it
        but if i was a marketer, mktg some cement from india...i wldnt show a white foriegner.....i wld rather use brand INDIA
        but then..thts me !!!
        comments expected !!!

Comment

That means we are exporting our cement globally .. which is good in quality .... cement is been accepted by global market .. & if it is accepted that means it is a quality product.....
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

But we are uncertain if we are exporting it globally. How can we be sure?

Comment

I think the particular cement ad showing a white person is just a B-grade ad , the kind regularly shown on smaller tv channels. The makers must be dumb enough to think that their cement will sell if they stick an awkward white man in it

Comment

I was pondering and it might be controversial and somewhat racial. However we see white individuals in ads as they feel no shame in posing as to reveal and entice our senses and taste for sex. The clothes they wear are ever more enduring in the contrast they provide and the polish they smear on themselves help them to radiate artificially ever more. While this is true, the chineses, the comunists, the ingenious clevery mischievious rodents hope to make a profit from the cake so, they jump onto this form of marketing and imitate it. The blacks with their minds set in a state as 'nothing to lose' feel dreary, racially discriminated and revolted, they scream, they yell they fight for a right and join them in the battle for a splendid cup of tea and conversation...

Comment

Are you sure they show white people in the advertisement. I always see Indian people in the Indian advertisements.

and yeah some Indian people are as white as whites. So people might have misunderstood.

Comment

Yes I am certain, just visit any e commerce store that sells indian products and you'd be surprised with some of them

Comment

Working...
                    X