India Forums

Go Back   India Forums > Indian Society & Culture > Indian NRI Community
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2007, 07:08 AM

I have just one thing to say:

People in US are the most friendly and civilized from all the countries i have visited so far. I don't care what they feel in their hearts about outsourcing or other such issues. What is important is they have the decency to respect people face to face. India and US are culturally poles apart. Still, once you come to the US, you feel at ease knowing that 80 out of 100 people you will meet will smile and give you a nod even though they don't know you.

Look at the arrogance of chinese on the forums. China is not even 10% of what US is and it will take another 50 years may be 100 for it to come at par with US but their attitude sucks.

US is one country which has enemies because of the screwed up foreign policies of its leaders. once u meet the common men and women u know that these people are really cool.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:34 AM

Americans are nice on the outside, but you have to be careful. Americans, white Americans especially, harbor great ill will towards those they see as different. However, they don't come out in the open and say it anymore since African Americans fought for everyone's civil rights. That's why everything is kept underground and they smile at you while stabbing you in the back when you're not looking. I'm not talking about everyone, but racism really exists here as well, it's just hidden and it exists in many more places than you would think. I remember 10 years ago when two white kids dragged a black man behind their truck until he died. The media hardly talked about it. Even when people tried to bring in hate laws to prevent this atrocity most people were trying to skirt around the issue and make illegitimate claims such as, "A crime should not be punished for what someone thinks only what he does" and some other nonsense. The law only recently got passed.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:19 PM

I agree with nikster. They are nice on the face but in there its a lot of ill feeling.

Leave apart the common man. Lets take the case of some celebrities of USA. Angelina jolie and brad pitt were recently in india for a shoot of their movie. The way they and their body guards behaved was really shameful. Their body guards even have the guts to use terms like 'bloody indians'.

In the end when they left after all the controverises angelina jolie said that we have nothing against india. Does that one statement absolve the behaviour of the bitch???

WE Indias dont believe in lip service . A rare smile from the heart is much better then a dozen cosmetic smiles.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:35 AM

Neo is just a kid, obviously,

as to his view toward chinese, remember it is india who says china is india's enemy #1, and who blocks chinese investment in india,

with this unfriendly atitude, and so much unfriendly forum posts by indians againt china and chinese, what do u expect from chinese, kid?

he is just a selfish, hopeless, stupid kid
Old 02-12-2007, 12:44 PM

this thread is for people with common sense and maturity.

You and ur school going freinds have already destroyed one section of this site. Keep ur stupid posts to that section only.

Dont mess with this place too. If i were a moderator i would have screwed u up by now. But since i am not i request u to keep away from other sections.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit khaitan
this thread is for people with common sense and maturity.

You and ur school going freinds have already destroyed one section of this site. Keep ur stupid posts to that section only.

Dont mess with this place too. If i were a moderator i would have screwed u up by now. But since i am not i request u to keep away from other sections.

Then, this forum is not for u, kid,
in fact, u r a hopelessly stupid indiot, no better than Neo
Old 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Indians did not visit chinese forum and start posting that chinese have small eyes, eat insects etc etc

Chinese came to this Indian forum and posted Indians are black and ugly, Indians are backward, Indians are slaves etc etc

And you have the gall to blame indians for starting this? Behave properly and get good reception from Indians. After all Indians have a famous verse in Sanskrit language "Athiti Devo bhav" which means "A guest is like a god". As regards blocking Chinese investments in India first China should open up its government because no one trusts a secretive country.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Hello Ashwani,

As I believe it is the matter of American currency. Indeed, it is true that Indians have good mind but they vend their mind to America they don't want to give their best in their country. Americans have unity but Indians don't and they know this fact very well. At this point of time I remember the venerated proverb "Respect yourself and you'll be respected."
Old 02-21-2007, 07:34 AM

Send a message via MSN to Omni

If we were in complete mutual exclusion, our "economies" would progress very well! but the fact is that the US is egotistic. It has this mindset of not seeing in levels but in seeing in flutuations, the high in the curve is superior than the low, add corresponding numbers to it to depict dollars and we get its stock market. Since its money is its only strength its weakness is its limited resources and cleverness. And so to the US, humans are represented as units, a business person buys a couple of shares from India, sees if they perform, if not he/she diversifies the portfolio to include some shares of other countries while still respecting the budget. While India fabricates intelligent units - which the US is very eager to know how, if a patent were to be put we are feeding its partner so either way Indians are blocked - nothing is accomplished in India itself, all our brains are feeding the monolithic creature (US).

The US likes to take risks it doesn't matter it gets money by making more also by acquiring money by its units in more ways than one and by partnershiping with the other countries that climbed up the ladder to play at its level. It does not like competition it instead drains the others fuel and leaves it paralyzed or dead.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:39 AM
India1989

US is allowing Indians to work there. I don't understand why can't these Indians help India progress after they have earned so much money. Those betrayers keep on staying abroad.