You will love to know...
U r an Indian if........
1.Everything u eat is savoured in garlic,onion,tomatoes.
2.U try n re-use gift-wrapped, gift boxes n of course aluminium foil.
3.U r standing next to the 2 largest suitcases at the airport.
4.U arrive 1 or 2 hours late to a party n think it's normal.
5.U peel the stamps off letters that the postal service missed to mark up.
6.U recycle wedding gifts.
7.U talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.
8.U load up the family car with as many people as possible.
9.U use plastic to cover anything new in ur house whethe r it's remote control, VCR, carpet or the new couch.
10.U buy n display crockery, which is for special occassions, which never occur.
11.U feel like u've gotten a good deal if u didn't pay tax.
12.U never learnt how to stand in a queue.
13.U can only travel if there r at least 5 persons to see u off(or receive you) whether u r travelling by bus, train or plane.
14. U only make long distance calls after 11 pm(when rates become half).
15.It's embarrassing if ur wedding has less than 600 people.
16. U treat the NRIs (especially from America) as if they r the only persons living in this world (including U).
17. U have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping.
18. U call an older person whom u have never seen as "UNCLE".
WITH THE RETURN OF NRI...........
20. Tries to use Credit card in road side hotel.
19. Drinks n carries Mineral water n always speaks of Health(proving to be very health concious).
18. Sprays DEO so that he doesn't need to take bath.
17. Sneezes n says 'Excuse Me'.
16. Says "Hey" instead of "Hi". Says "Yogurt" instead of "Curds".Says "Cab" instead of "Taxi". Says "Candy" instead of "Chocolate". Says "Cookie" instead of "Biscuit". Says "Freeway" instead of "Highway". Says "Got to go" instead of "Have to go". Says "oh" instead of "Zero". (for 704, says Seven Oh Four instead of Seven Zero four)
15. Doesn't forget to crib about air pollution. Keeps cribbing every time he steps out.
14. Says all the distance in miles (Not in kilometers), n counts in Millions (Not in lakhs).
13. Tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far as possible(but deep down the heart, multiplies by 49).
12. Writes date as MM/DD/YYYY & on watching traditional DD/MM/YYYY says
"Oh! British Style!!!"
11. Tries to see the % of fat on the cover of milk packet.
10. Makes fun of Indian Standard Time n Indian road conditions.
9. Even after 2 months, complains about "Jet Lag"
8. Tries to drink "Diet Coke", instead of "Normal Coke"
7. Tries to complain about anything in India as if he is experiencing it for the first time.
6. Avoids eating more chilli (hot) stuff.
5. Pronounces "schedule" as "skejule", n "module" as "Mojule"
4. Looks suspiciously towards a Hotel/Dhabha food.
Few more important stuffs
3. From the luggage bag, does not remove the stickers of Airways by which he travelled back to India, even after 4 months of arrival.
2. Takes the cabin luggage bag to short visits in India, tries to roll the bag on Indian Roads.
And the Ultimate one
1. Tries to begin conversation with "In US..." or "when I was in US".
I hope every one Enjoyed ...it
"Situation have way of changing Donít expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, itís your First step to success."
Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............
Sunilkumar that was really nice post....: D & Most of things which you had mention are true
Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..
Last edited by Priyanka : 01-31-2006 at 09:46 PM.
woooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's fantastic. Fantastic stuffs. I liked it. Specially the schedule part, got to go part and stuffs. Those were true. I hate those kind of NRI's. I am a NRI but i speak Indian English and talk a lot of good things about India here. I even make presentations on India and prove how good India is. I don't consider myself NRI but an Indian.
And the best country is India.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|