Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can employer buy Indian Employee only by money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can employer buy Indian Employee only by money?

What matter more for the Indian (Employee) work force?

Is it salary the prime incentive for Indians ?
    Look Does Matter..........!!!!!!!!!!

While salary really does not matter, once you have earned 'enough' money and are confident of leading the rest of your life with it. Money matters only to a certain extent and then esteem needs to be satisfied. For every one Job satisfaction is important
    Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

My qualifiaction are as below

[1] Post –Graduation in Computer science
      [2] Post Graduate in Management
      [3] Law Graduate Who can practice law in India.
      [4] OCP- Oracle certified Professional
      [5] CCNA- Cisco certified

I work in IT sector and right now I am working in UK on behalf of my company, this is true money is not the only factor which drives me, I do have other certification of Oracle Corporation and Cisco which increases my value in my field. All top company even Oracle corporation send me mail for job opening & whatever I am getting on this job is very less. But up till now I am satisfied with it. Yea few people play politics with me in my company but if such things will increase then I will kick this job and will shift to another one, People should understand knowledge speaks. If employers are thinking that by giving money they can handle talented Indian then they are wrong. Working environment is most important. I know money is important but I don’t want to be screwed only for money.

As Employee I will look for credible managers and leaders on whom I can rely who can treat me as professionals in my field of work, & a work culture that provides stability and is free of politics.

There are five essential elements that make a good team: A common goal, team spirit, expertise in diverse areas within the teams, acting when necessary and, most importantly, effective leadership which can motivate other member of team. These five elements, when working in tandem, make for an effective team... this are the words of TCS CEO and i fully agree with it.

Below are few finding by Watson Wyatt, the leading global human capital consulting firm

If some one think salary is the prime incentive for Indians, then think again. Indian employees, says a study, look to leadership, job satisfaction, communication, teamwork and work environment as the top five commitment drivers for them.

While Indians do recognise that pay is linked to the company's performance, they are not satisfied with their pay or benefits alone.

The Indian workforce is currently 500 million people," over the next three decades the country will see a growth of over 335 million people, which is greater that the combined work force of the United Kingdom, the United States, Japan, Germany and France. The rapid growth of its economy, with all the major sectors poised for growth makes India a very critical and important marketplace for human resource management."

As domestic companies reach out globally they will need skilled human capital to be competitive with established market leaders

In most categories, Indian employees rate their companies more favourably than employees in other Asia Pacific countries. Indian employees give more importance to the company's growth prospects and reputation when evaluating the 'leave or stay decision' as compared to their Asia Pacific counterparts. Indian employees rated above average on two norms versus their Asia Pacific counterparts: employee alignment with corporate goals and higher accessibility of information."

The study also finds that:

• 44% of the companies in India have significant difficulty attracting top performers;
      • 40% of the companies make mid-year salary corrections;
      • Average employee turnover is 16%;
      • Business process outsourcing (BPO) units have up to 25% salary growth with 40% to 50% turnover;
      • India has the highest salary increases in the region.

Its me Indian employee
      Sunilkumar
      Last edited by sunilkumar; 03-21-2006, 10:21 PM.
      "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

The study, might have been conducted amongst a select set of people In a country where poverty still rules the roost and joblessness is widespread, the size of the pay packet, to my mind, would still be the most important factor for a salaried Indian.

But at the same time those who are highly skilled they are in demand

So i do agree on this finding

• 44% of the companies in India have significant difficulty attracting top performers;
        • 40% of the companies make mid-year salary corrections;
        • Average employee turnover is 16%;
        • Business process outsourcing (BPO) units have up to 25% salary growth with 40% to 50% turnover;
        • India has the highest salary increases in the region.
        Last edited by Priyanka; 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM.
        Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

I believe salary does matter but once your had earned good amount of money desier for other things increases such as job satisfaction, leadership, work environment... etc.

Comment

Working...
          X