Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reservation concept to be removed or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservation concept to be removed or not?

Please explain your view on reservation concept in India.Why is the disparity among people.Rather it should be highlighted as living status among the society instead a caste based reservation?

Reservation should be on economic basis. Scholarships and concessional fees be made available to those belong to BPL(Below poverty Line). I believe economic criteria based reservation and scholarships are required at the school/ university level, so they at least get a fighting chance.
    But on the other side, reservation word has become controversial and these politicians are responsible for it, who do not care for society or country but only votes.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

Reservation should go.... period! There is no point in saying that some castes were denied traditional education in the past and so, they should be given preference in modern education! What Brahmins studied in those days was vedic curriculum that had a lot of ritualistic taboos.... The life of a vedic brahmin is not an easy one if a person wants to lead it true to the scriptures. You must see the daily routine of my Guruji Pandit. R.DAKSHINAMOORTHI - the ace astrologer from Chennai. His daily routines start from early in the morning and include many hours of meditation and mantra chants, no eating fast foods or outside foods, no onions, no garlic, only home-cooked satwik foods, fasts on 2 ekadasis/ month, etc. and his day ends only at midnight after he offers a special pooja to Bhairava at 12 midnight. Even in between his consultations, he takes a break for doing rituals at the Sandhya periods... I donot think everyone can lead a life of austerity like that! That is why only selected people were imparted vedic education. Are these people claiming reservation ready to live a rigorous life of the sort lived by Panditji?... Frankly speaking, I feel caste has lost its relevance in the societal sphere as everyone is almost the same.... running after money and material comforts. Caste considerations come in only in matrimony,,,, and that too...... no one today will be willing to enter into a matrimonial alliance only based on caste considerations. Money is a big decider there also. So, the concept of reservation is no longer relevant at all.

If the so called backward classes and oppressed classes really want reservation, let them ask for it to enter into religious curriculum. I have heard Guruji saying that he is willing to teach mantra shastra without caste distinctions to any one provided the person promises not to misuse the shastra and also to abide the strict life-style guidelines of that shastra. Any takers for that?.... I do not think those clamouring for reservation will enter his curriculum!

Even assuming reservation had some relevance immediately after Indian independence, it is no longer relevant. And if at all reservation is to be continued, at least it should be only based on economic considerations. Only merit should be given priority in employment. We see people getting promotions based on caste and later proving themselves inadequate in the higher posts by attitude and talent. These usurpers really give a hard time to talented youngsters working under them.

I am sorry if I have hurt anyone by my hard words in this post. But, I spoke my mind.

Comment

Regarding topic

Today the concept of Reservation is no longer relevant to all.Reservation should be on economic basis.You can see that in any Government jobs preference is given to the backward classes.If the total number of vacancies for a job is 6
        then among them 4 would be for these classes.

We are not against these backward and oppressed classes but it is not good always as the young and talented people are somewhere left behind due to these so called Reservation Policies.
        Megrisoft team member
        Article Directory
        SEO India
        Link Building India

Comment

Difficult to remove reservation system, because politian gets vote on basis of caste and religion people are not educated in India they don’t have good brain to analyze the political party… Now a days caste plays big role in many thing, its unnecessary to say other than matrimony caste don’t play any big role in society .. people had not seen the villages of UP Bihar orrisa MP Even gujarat many state of Inida their people from general category and reservation class both don’t have money to eat food the way reservation was implement was wrong now a day some people from general caste create certificate of backward class and take job… this reservation had made difference in the people mind set regarding caste and people are becoming more and more biased towards their religion and caste.. earlier my grand father use to say chamar to chamar but now if he will say chamar police will put him behind jail he said me actually chamar is my friend because of his work we use to call him chamar, he said the way they call me pandit. But few politian had made this difference. Chamar is hindi word the person those who make shoe, whose work is to deal with skin of dead animal. I think people should not be afraid or de-motivate to say regarding their caste.

People from lower caste gets job in any government firm on basis of certificates which show that they belong to lower caste . But this people can give better job and life to their children but what they do .. they will also put certificate of Lower class for their son and daughter….

I have one friend you can say he is my best friend I am Brahmin and he belong to lower class he came to know that he is from lower caste when he went to his father village at that time he was in MSC 1st year (post graduation of Science). After that he came to me and he cried he said I am from lower class psychology he feel inferior at that time, but I said don’t cry I can understand, you are my friend we eat in same plate and you even stay at my house and I also stay in your house, you are vegetarian even I am vegetarian,
          I said do you think our friendship has to do anything with it… People should here know his father had never said him about his caste…. And his father & my father did job in same government sector there also he never mention that he is from lower caste…..
          My friend was good in studies he never puts any certificate of lower caste in any competition, and this is not the end he had two younger sister he had responsibility of 2 sister his father was retired from government job when he came on 11th std. but he did his MSC In bio-technology and with distinction his one sister has completed Master degree and one has also completed graduation they attain age of marriage they are also my sister, for his family he works in sales department Because he need money for his family he is the only source of income he did his studies by doing tuitions of kids staying in his neighbour, he has also given part time lecture in most reputed Graduation college on his subject, he even don’t had a two wheeler vehicle to do job of Medical Representative but now by hard work he have his own vehicle and working as Medical Representative of good company. He is some what younger to me, so I also guided him in all his studies and his sisters studies. We are childhood friend. My other friends don’t know he is from backward class…. This is not a story this is reality… I am proud that he is my friend and I am also proud that he also fight with his life like me. Now he is working in my home town and I am working in south of India so if any things happen to my parent I can count on him... Life is not so easy what we see .… he has to work for his family and I have to work for my family we both are sailing on same boat… the difference is I don’t belong to lower caste but the fight for survival that I have to do same thing he has to do…..
          We both are good in our sense of humor, but now we just share few sms on mobile… life is stopped for us… lot of young male of our age enjoy but we have to think 100 times to do such thing… I don’t have any brother and he don’t have any brother but it is our destiny that where ever we go people thinks that we both are brother ….

Every time we have to be successful, within the parameter set by society and government because now its not only our life, we fight for many life so we have to handle lot of pressure…. We both have to live …. & we know our life makes lot of difference to our family and our society….

We both have learned together how to fight with life … and now we both take calculative risk in matter of job and money …. Because When we see back we know that we can fall up to some extent that is from were we had started our struggle….

I hope now you all know why I have that signature….

For Us its matter of winning and losing in life …. & that for survival….

So we will win or we will die…

I miss him in all the little thing that I do in my day to day life…

Reservation has made our India Non-secular………

Truth is very near to you so don’t try to search beyond your scope…..
          It’s me always friend Sunilkumar…
          Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-02-2006, 09:28 PM.
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

We are living in 20th century... in these modern times the fact that earlier backward classes did not had right to education should not be made a context for reservation for them now. We know that India is a pluralistic society there are many inequalities in our society and wealth is not distributed among all so Government should try to make education compulsory for all till post graduation. Then only we will see our differences melting away. Moreover this reservation system has many loopholes. I know many friends who openly confessed that they do not belong to backward classes but got made false certificates to get seats in good colleges. Government can’t keep check on them. Even then government still could not ensure education to everybody.
            Last edited by Yudhister; 02-04-2006, 10:56 AM.

Comment

no matter how much we defend and try to debate on this topic, the final decisions are gonna be made in the parliaments and all those brilliant politicians we have over here....

neways a good posts by all those who have written a good judgement....

i guess we need to have more of such active discussions....

Comment

very true.We can only do disscussion on this topic,nothing more than that,in the end it is only government to decide and to pass any reservations in this regard.
                Megrisoft team member
                Article Directory
                SEO India
                Link Building India

Comment

different view

No I don't agree with you. Don't forget that we are living in a democracy and what we think about government's policies influence their decision. If you remember even when mandal commision was passed intially the reservation proposed was much higher than it is now.. but due to mass agitation government reduced the reservation quota. So people have power to infulence
                  government's policies

Comment

You are right but We can only suggest,can't make and pass any bill as the power is not in our hands.
                    Megrisoft team member
                    Article Directory
                    SEO India
                    Link Building India

Comment

i think reservation shoudl be only done in economic basis and not on caste, tribes or religions. THis will only create greater divisions.

Comment

A.P.J Abdul Kalam President of India
                        "Think what you are doing for the your country ,not what country is doing for you. "

Yes my President my country is doing a lot -- depriving good education for merit students.And people cry out with statements as
                        Stop Brain Drain.

I'd rethink 100 times before saying that
                        "Iam Proud to be an INDIAN".

I never believed in cast and creed system but now my mind started thinking in other ways . Thanks a zillion times to our politicians for making me to think that cast is very important in INDIA and one is identified by his CAST not his personality.Thanks for politicians for waking me as i was dreaming of making it to IIM's.They have shown me reality that I come under General category.Thanks for politicians for reminding every general category student that never ever dare to dream of making it to good institutes.

It has been almost 50-60 years since this reservation has been there and when we talk about the success ratio , we can say the success ration has been very very low.So where does the fault lies implementation part ,the mode of implementation or the whole idea of reservation itself ?Does the government thinks by giving out reservation they are narrowing the gap of communal bias , NO they are further extending the gap of communal bias.

When a poor person is hungry we don't take him to a 5 star hotel and make him to have wine,whiskey, champagne ( sorry aim bit poor in alcholic terminology) we give good food like roti dal ,rice etc. Same example can be used over here, we can see the status of government schools no benches, no boards, no roof. Why aren't the govt trying to concentrate on those schools, make them par with private schools and then see the results.when a person doesn't know AB CD we cannot teach him terms like cyborg,robotics ,space shuttles . There is not point in teaching these.

On what basis are these reservation's made ? Economic basis or political basis?

Iff its on economic basis I'd recommend govt for giving out full fee wavier to reservation candidates.Govt can start their own coaching institutes fro examination's like CAT, civil services, IIT etc etc for free or nominal charges. I think government can afford this.

Yesterday i have heard discussion on NDTV related to this and Dalit activist Mr ILLIAH says we have gone to streets in 1990 and w'll go to streets in 2006 if this reservation is not amended . Does he think this time we will just see happening this No way.
                        And aim sorry to say that this was stupid , Irresponsible statement made by him.
                        Why is this row about because the govt has proposed it ? Had the Congress govt not proposed this there w'd not have been any row at all. Congress govt has always been selfish right from Nehru they never though in countries interest .

I always had a great feeling about Prime Minister Manmohan singh , I was a great follower of him from 1991 . I always thought he is not among those politicians but this move proved that he is also a politician.

In this 60 years of independence aim afraid to say that INDIA as a Democratic state has failed ,Dictatorial leadership better suits for such country off we want to wipe out this cast system ,corruption etc etc.
                        We need to change whole constitution itself ,they have been written considering 1947 conditions .Times have changed and are changing rapidly and i don't see any wrong in changing the constitution according to present state.Even the law system has to change .

I have a better idea let the government start institutes purely for reservation candidates

lets have two institutes one for general and other for reserved

IIM -A ( general) IIM -A ( reserved)

IIM-B( General) IIM-B ( reserved)

IIT delhi ( General) IIT -Delhi (reserved)

Or even more better idea
                        lets Divide country into further two states

India (General) India ( reserved )

This way we can wipe out the cast system because in India (general ) there are no cast system every one is equal in all respects and we believe in hard work.

Please Please don't make us to think 100 times
                        "Iam Proud to be an INDIAN".

and never make us to think that

"Why have we born in INDIA?"

Iff Still the reservation goes on never ever bring out discussion on bloody term "BRAIN DRAIN".

Comment

Working...
                        X