Sahstipe mehreh Mahnusha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sahstipe mehreh Mahnusha

= Hello my people (dahs ando Romanis - talk in Rommany)

Hi All,
    As you can see I am not not technically Indian although my anchestors did walk the roads of India 1000ad ago and beyond. I hope you don't mind me joining this forum.

To explain my title.
    Tsigane / Tsiganair is the oldest or widespread tiltle used for the Roma (Romma), Kale (Kahleh) & Sinte (Sinteh) Rommany tribes of Europe.
    Tsigano is a male Tsigan. ('o' is mascaline, 'i' is feminine and 'e'/'air' is plural. 'a' on the end of an object is also plural)
    Rommany comes from 'Rom' as Rom is the title of a married man within Romani 'vitsa' (family / clan / heritage). Some Roma claim this is due to us being descent from king 'Rom'.
    Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Ofcourse you are welcome to this forum. Everyone is welcome to this forum. We all hope that you enjoy your stay over here and are an active participant. I am Soumo and I am glad to welcome you here. We are hoping to listen from you soon.

Comment

Hi and thanks Soumo

Great site. I am mostly on the site to learn about Indian history, language culture etc as it will help me in my study of the Roma.

I live in England, South East of London and my girlfriend's parents are from the Punjab.
      I was aware that my family's anchestory originated from India, but I never really gave it much thought. I never saw it as that big a deal.
      It wasn't until I got with my girlfriend that I realised how much of our cultures and language etc are the same. she would ask me questions like "how do you say snake in Romani?" my reply was "sahp". She then explained that it is the same in Punjabi.
      I have learned that much of my family's language is Punjabi based like prah / prahl - brother, ker / kar - house, kura - horse, oteh - there.
      There are also words that are hindi based like hamara - our, or ruhk - tree but are not in Punjabi. This is probually because my anchestors left just after 1000ad and the language was differant then.

I have recently been on a stag party to Mumbai which was great. There were 12 Indian Punjabis, 3 Pakistani Punjabis, 2 Gujaratis and myself. It was a great experience.

The pictures from my camera are on my webspace at;

There wedding that followed was also great and lasted for days. I will soon be updating the webspace with more pics.
      When we were in Mumbai we stayed in the j.w marriott hotel and we dominated the enigma nightclub there. we also took over the vip room that upset some of the spoilt rich kid bollywood wannabe locals that go there, lol.

Peace
      Cj
      Last edited by Tsigano; 05-05-2006, 02:40 AM.
      Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

Are there any Rajputs on the forum?

Comment

Nice to meet you, I'm Ritu
          Welcome to India Book, I'm New Also.
          Ritu

Comment

AngelEyes

Hi Ritu

Thankyou and it's is also a pleasure to meet you.
            I see you live in NY city, USA.
            How do you like it over there?

Comment

Working...
            X