Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconventional ways of study really helpful ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unconventional ways of study really helpful ?

With the change of society, ways of learning are also getting change. Now, learning is not limited to the fix boundary of classrooms or tuitions or coaching centre. Other ways like e-book are also slowly get popular.
    I want to ask whether anyone have used any of unconventional way for study ever. If yes, then what is that way and how much helpful was this.
    Also, I wanted to know some unconventional ways of learning exists or could be possible.

I have been using an unconventional method of study but as a computer science teacher. I have taught few students through internet in real time, which mean they could get answers of their questions as soon as they ask. I use the combinations of few powerful tools for this purpose, which is easily and freely available on internet.
    And believe me my students are very happy with the results. Now, I have joined with a blog website, for this purpose. I have planned to continue this teaching technique this last month after that my post graduation exams will over and I could resume my job.

Comment

Yes definitely. Unconventional way of studies is always welcome, as long as it is focused and relevant. In fact, my experience tells that weaving in a bit of fun and excitement along with education always provides better results than monotonous class lectures. For instance some of my pupils are highly interested in space and astronomy. Especially for them, last year we registered with Space Camp to give our students a virtual hands-on space training. Space Camp India took our students to US Space and Rocket Centre in Alabama. There they arranged for various activities, which astronauts perform in real life, such as Microgravity Training Chair, Zero-G Wall etc. Also, they were taught basic maths and physics. overall, not only was the experience enjoyable and enriching, it also helped hone their confidence and leadership qualities. It's an overall development for our students, not to undermine the realisation of their dream of becoming an astronaut! In case you need the details you can find it at
      Various fields of studies call for various types of unconventional approaches, but I am sure that if planned properly, these approaches are very effective in the overall development of a student.
      Last edited by Parveen Komal; 01-28-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X