Shah Rukh Khan conferred with top French award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shah Rukh Khan conferred with top French award

Shah Rukh is second Bollywood personality after Amitabh Bachchan to be bestowed this award. The superstar, who dons many a hat, including those of producer, television personality, philanthropist and entrepreneur, has appeared in over 50 Hindi films in genres ranging from romance to action and comedy.

Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with top French civilian award - Knight of the Legion of Honor. Visiting French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented the prestigious award to the 48-year-old actor at a function here for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world. "I feel very humbled and grateful for this prestigious honour.

Today is my mother's birthday and if she had been alive she would have been happy that I got this prestigious honour. I accept this award not as an individual but on behalf of hundreds of filmmakers," Shah Rukh said.

SRK initially did theatre and appeared in TV series in the late 1980s before making his Bollywood debut in 1992 with Deewana.

Some of his memorable films are Darr, Baazigar, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Dil To Pagal Hai, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Swades, Chak De! India, Devdas, My Name Is Khan and Chennai Express.

Working...
X