The furtively watching Kashmir corp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The furtively watching Kashmir corp.

http://www.cashmere.ca/ is the site that hosts information about a Canadian or American toilet paper company. Cashmere* with the asterix, indicates that its a Trademark of Scott Paper Limited, A Kruger Company. Similarly, the name when spoken identifies a once beautiful province of India, Kashmir. Like that movie mission Kashmir the fight against the evils and India, so to is a fight occuring here, the word is being stolen by Cashmere corp with a little alterations from the original. My friends what do you think about this and what should be done?

One way to solve this is to put pressure on Canada and stop these countries to make nonsense up.
    And Kashmir is still as beautiful province of India and most beautiful place in the world.

Comment

My opinion

This is my personal opinion that choosing cashmere as a name is not such a big offence.... unless it is esepcially targeted at hurting someone's religious sentiments as you know recently happened when a danish made a cartoon of prophett mohammad and when M F Hussain painted hanuman and sita when a foreign company launched a bear with photos of gods and goddess holding bear... this is a crime

Comment

It disrupts the gradual economic progress of India, India can use that name itself because it derives from India after all. Cashmere will degrade the value of Kashmir or perhaps make it more of a matter of ignorance of Kashmir. Kashmir might be associated to the west via this hygenic product that is frequently used can you buy me a roll of Kashmir!

And plus I always thought America was the goliath of innovations but what is this? I think the company is exploiting the word and at the same time a piece of our culture why else would they use it, it exactly sounds like Kashmir?!

No doubt Kashmir is beautiful, my apologies if it was misinterpreted in the wording. cashmere* <= Kashmir, which is a product that we use to clean our *@# with.
        Last edited by Omni; 02-19-2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Dude Kashmir is already in mess. I guess India is too beautiful that's why western countries are also behind Kashmir.

i will post some more info on the Kashmir dispute in here.

Comment

Working...
          X