Pravin Mahajan gets life term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pravin Mahajan gets life term

Moments after he was sentenced to life imprisonment for murdering his elder brother Pramod Mahajan, Pravin Mahajan said, "I have no regrets." Dressed in a silkish grey kurta, Pravin on Tuesday had stood barefoot in the box listening to the sessions judge with a deadpan expression. He later said he would appeal in the Bombay high court.A day after holding him guilty of the murder of BJP general secretary Pramod Mahajan, judge Srihari Daware said he did not think the case fell in the "rarest of rare" categories to merit the extreme punishment of death by hanging. He said the murder, committed by pumping three bullets into Pramod's vital organs at close range, was "not very brutal, ghastly or gruesome" to merit a death penalty.
    Now with the judgment being pronounced, all the material that has been seized will be released. The murder weapon — the pistol — will be sent to the police armoury. Pravin Mahajan's car, in which he drove to Pramod Mahajan's Worliresidence, has been returned to the family
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.
Working...
X