Saina Regains World No 1 Rank After Silver At World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saina Regains World No 1 Rank After Silver At World Championships

Despite Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal's loss to Spain's Carolina Marin in the women's singles final of the recently-concluded World Badminton Championships in Jakarta on Sunday, the Indian displaced the Spaniard to regain the top spot in women's singles in the latest rankings of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) released on Thursday. The 25-year-old Nehwal rose a place to overtake Marin to once again be ranked No 1. The reigning world champion dropped to No 2 while Chinese Taipei's Tai Tzu Ying overtook reigning Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China to be No 3.

Saina became the first Indian woman shuttler to reach the finals of All England Open Badminton Championships.

Comment

I think she is a wonderful sports person and has been quite under rated in India as here only importance to few sports is been given. I think she is a remarkable person. Go girl power.
      IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Saina Nehwal may have lost the world championships final but regaining the World No.1 ranking would provide her some comfort. The Indian ace, who had first reached the top spot during the India Open Super Series in April, displaced her conqueror in Jakarta, Spain's Carolina Marin, in the latest charts.

And what said Saina:- "I am very happy to be world number 1 again. I would like to thank my coach Vimal Kumar sir and my parents for the support,"

Comment

Ankur

Congrats Saina she is a superbly talented player and world-class competitor and she show's her talent to the world. The shuttler was also excited to be back on the top of the world rankings. She secured the No. 1 rank for the first time on April 2 but remained there only for five weeks.

Comment

Good ........ Very Good......... I am proud of you Saina Nehwal.

"Garv Mehsoos karo Apne Bhartye Hone Par"
            This line for all Indians......

Comment

Congratulation Saina Nehla.

Comment

Working...
              X