Rape... crime against women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape... crime against women

There are many case in Indian where the Rapist are free and law of court was not able to give them punishment ....

Should the Rapist given capital punishment (i.e. hang till death) so that crime against women can stop , specially rape...?
    Look Does Matter..........!!!!!!!!!!

PROSTITUTION BE MADE LEGAL !!!!!

Comment

There are many prostitute in every city but still ... crime against women are increasing in India and world, to make prostitution legal is not going to solve this issue As per me those who commit crime of rape must be given capital punishment (i.e. hang till death) ... Fact is this punishment is also less..... those who commit this crime they should be made impotent
      Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Crime Against Women

It is true that there are lots of prostitute in almost every city. However, crime against women is increasing by leaps and bounce. Rap is not only a form of crime, but there are other forms too.

To get rid from these things, women have to be unite and protest together.Also the concerning authority should punish the person, who commits this type of crime.

Wild Orchid

Comment

Sexual harassment and rape are two sides of the same coin. Both showcase the power of man to dominate that of women. Both have one victim- ‘women’. Both are barbaric in nature; but many people extenuate sexual harassment to rape, just because the victims are not physically harmed. Whereas in rape- the victim is ravished like an animal for the fulfillment of desire and lust of another man. Both have the same object- to undermine the integrity of the victim, physically as well as mentally.

"While a murderer destroys the physical frame of the victim, a rapist degrades and defiles the soul of a helpless female."

Sexual harassment is nothing less than the showcasing of male dominance. Given an opportunity, such men (those committing sexual harassement) would try fulfilling their desire.

Indian Deputy Prime Minister said "I feel the punishment for rape should be death. However, I would like to get the point of view of political parties and state governments in this regard".

Though, every right thinking citizen would certainly want the parliament to pass the resolution to grant death penalty to the rapists, one shudders to think what if the perpetrator decides to kill the victim. When a rapist knows that he would be hanged, if he is testified for commiting his crime then he has no other option but to kill his victim.

Rape is defined in India as intentional, unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent. The essential elements of this definition under Section 375 of the Indian Penal Code are 'sexual intercourse with a woman' and the absence of consent. This definition therefore does not include acts of forced oral sex, or sodomy, or penetration by foreign objects; instead those actions are criminalized under Section 354 of the IPC, which deals with 'criminal assault on a woman with intent to outrage her modesty' and Section 377 IPC, covering 'carnal intercourse against the order of nature'.

A man is said to commit "rape" who, except in the case here in after excepted, has sexual intercourse with a woman under circumstances falling under any of the six following descriptions:-

First- Against her will.

Secondly- Without her consent.

Thirdly- With her consent, when her consent has been obtained by putting her or any person in whom she is interested in fear of death or of hurt.

Fourthly- With her consent, when the man knows that he is not her husband, and that her consent is given because she believes that he is another man to whom she is or believes herself to be lawfully married.

Fifthly - With her consent, when, at the time of giving such consent, by reason of unsoundness of mind or intoxication or the administration by him personally or through another of any stupefying or unwholesome substance, she is unable to understand the nature and consequences of that to which she gives consent.

Sixthly - With or without her consent, when she is under sixteen years of age.

Explanation- Penetration is sufficient to constitute the sexual intercourse necessary to the offence of rape.

Exception- Sexual intercourse by a man with his own wife, the wife not being under fifteen years of age, is not rape.

376A. Intercourse by a man with his wife during separation, Whoever has sexual intercourse with his own wife, who is living separately from him under a decree of separation or under any custom or usage without her consent shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to fine.

a.Sexual intercourse between husband and wife, Without the consent of the wife is Not a rape based on the Exception to Sec.375 of the IPC

b.Sexual intercourse between husband and wife, Without the consent of the wife, during seperation, pending divorce is Rape based on Sec.376 A of the IPC But the punishment would be Maximum 2 years imprisonment and fine.

c.Sexual intercourse between a man and woman, who are husband and wife, and Without her consent, the age of the woman is above 15 years Not a Rape based on the Exception to Sec.375 of the IPC.

d.Sexual intercourse between a man and woman, who are husband and wife, and Without her consent, the age of the woman is above 12 years and less than 15 years is Rape But the punishment would be Maximum 2 years imprisonment and a fine.

e.Sexual intercourse between a man and woman, who are NOT husband and wife, with her consent, wherein the age of the woman is less than 16 years
          is Rape based on 6th clause of Sec.375 of the IPC and the punishment would be Minimum 7 years, though judge has a discretion.

f.Sexual intecourse between a man and woman, who are NOT husband and wife, wherein the age of the man is less than 14 years, with the consent of Both the parties. is Not a Rape. No provision for it.

When the age of the man and woman is not mentioned, please assume it to be above 21.
          Last edited by sunilkumar; 04-22-2006, 08:51 PM.
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Some time Female go on date so they should know the things which are written below.

What are date rape drugs?

These are drugs that are sometimes used to assist a sexual assault. Sexual assault is any type of sexual activity that a person does not agree to. It can include inappropriate touching, vaginal penetration, sexual intercourse, rape, and attempted rape. Because of the effects of these drugs, victims may be physically helpless, unable to refuse sex, and can't remember what happened. The drugs often have no color, smell, or taste and are easily added to flavored drinks without the victim's knowledge. There are at least three date rape drugs:

(1) GHB (gamma hydroxybutyric acid)
            (2) Rohypnol (flunitrazepam)
            (3) Ketamine (ketamine hydrochloride)

Although we use the term "date rape," most experts prefer the term "drug-facilitated sexual assault." These drugs have been used to help people commit other crimes, like robbery and physical assault, and have been used on both men and women.

What do the drugs look like?

GHB has a few forms: a liquid with no odor or color, white powder, and pill.
            Rohypnol is a pill and dissolves in liquids. New pills turn blue when added to liquids. However, the old pills, with no color, are still available.
            Ketamine is a white powder.

What effects do these drugs have on the body?

The drugs can affect you quickly. The length of time that the effects last varies. It depends on how much of the drug is taken and if the drug is mixed with other substances, like alcohol. Alcohol can worsen the drug's effects and can cause more health problems. Also, one drug — GHB — can be made by people in their homes, so you don't know what's in it.

Are these drugs legal ?

Some of these drugs are legal, but that doesn't mean they're not going to hurt you. Even if they're legal, you should not use them unless your health care provider prescribes them.

Is alcohol a date rape drug?

While GHB, rohypnol, and ketamine are considered "date rape drugs," there are other drugs that affect judgment and behavior, and can put a person at risk for unwanted or risky sexual activity. Alcohol is one of those drugs. When a person is drinking alcohol:

It's harder to think clearly and evaluate a potentially dangerous situation.
            It's harder to resist sexual or physical assault.
            Drinking too much alcohol can also cause black-outs and memory loss.

But remember: even if a victim of sexual assault drank alcohol, she is NOT at fault for being assaulted.

How can I protect myself from being a victim?

1. Don't accept drinks from other people.

2. Open containers yourself.

3. Keep your drink with you at all times, even when you go to the bathroom. & Don't share drinks.

4. Don't drink from punch bowls or other large, common, open containers. They may already have drugs in them.

5. Don't drink anything that tastes or smells strange. Sometimes, GHB tastes salty.

6. Have a non-drinking friend with you to make sure nothing happens.

If you think that you have been drugged and raped:

1. Go to the police station or hospital right away.

2. Get a urine (pee) test as soon as possible. The drugs leave your system quickly. Rohypnol stays in the body for several hours, and can be detected in the urine up to 72 hours after taking it. GHB leaves the body in 12 hours.

3. Don't urinate before getting help.

4. Don't douche, bathe, or change clothes before getting help. These things may give evidence of the rape.

To give a Capital punishment to rapist is not correct. they should be kept for 20 or more yrs in jail, not for 7 or 14 years. & that also should depend on the age of male (i.e Rapist) and female ( i.e who was raped)

Why Crime of Rape had increased?

1. Female are now not afraid to file case against rapist other wise earlier they use to scared of society and their reputation.

2. Most of rapist are frustrated they are unmarried and if married then they are living away from their wife so they dont have any one to satisfed their sexual desier.

3. Female has right to wear whatever they like so if some is saying that rape are increasing because of the dressing of female is wrong. But Female should also understand that depending on their environment & surrounding they should dress. A young female like to be attractive and want to attract male they dress in a way that male get attracted. & Frustrated male rape them.

4. Mostly people are uneducated and they don't have any moral.

5. Most of Marriage are done late in Metropolitian.

Below are few more Finding on Rape By My Friend RAJ ARORA

[1] Most of rape case comes from village where marriages are done early

[2] Most of rape case which comes into picture are of married women

[3] Most of time Rape of gal/unmarried are settled behind the scene

[4] Now a days Blue film are made more.

[5] 90% rape are been done by known or neighbour.

[6] 10% Rape are been done by unknown person.

[7] While a murderer destroys the physical frame of the victim, a rapist degrades and defiles the soul of a helpless female. Practically saying no man can accept his gal friend or wife had any sexual intercourse with other male & if any male accept gal who is been raped than it because of two reason first man need fame & second the gal is rich who is been raped.

[8] When female move alone in night were people are less chance of her to be raped by unknow is more.

[9] Aged people do more rape...(Most of gals dialouge "Khada bachake budaa bachake")

[10] Sexual harrashment showing vulgour pictures and materials to female is also in category of rape sometimes by indian law under some IPC.

Sex is between two ears it is not between two legs....

I want to say one thing to rapist, why to RAPE any female it is better to call any call girl(Prostitute) because rapist have to give more to lawyer than prostitute who will fight case for him...

Its me always Friend
            Sunilkumar
            Last edited by sunilkumar; 04-25-2006, 11:06 AM.
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

PROSTITUTION BE MADE LEGAL !!!!!
              It may not solve the problem of crime aganist women, but this step is very much needed.

Comment

i want these drugs urgently:

(1) GHB (gamma hydroxybutyric acid)
                (2) Rohypnol (flunitrazepam)
                (3) Ketamine (ketamine hydrochloride)
                http://i48.tinypic.com/15cem8j.jpg

Comment

its fun

raping girls is fun

Comment

a question

do girls enjoy sex while being raped??
                    Last edited by josh; 04-25-2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

May be some time.
                      if rapist is her lover or husband..

but in most of cases neighter male not female can enjoy sex.
                      becoz male try to overcome her
                      and female try to save herself

the sence of sex is lost during this fight

and one most important thing is that

girl will agree after some time of fight
                      but she can not excuse herself for whole life
                      ved
                      Software Engineer
                      Mumbai

Comment

hi friends,

Its like a dice,which has 2 sides....I do agree that rape is a crime and the one who attempted(rapist) should be punished severely.But do anyone of us think "What makes him to rape? or why he is so excited such that he needs a sexual intercourse?"

I can say the dressing of the gals is like that....they are in a way to expose themselves by wearing mini's n low necks n low hips......blah blah blah... when asked them about this,"Its just a fashion......blah blah blah".Fashion should be in limits.

The traditional values set by our forefathers in our great country is to respect them n gals don't go beyond fashion n make guys mad abt u.......

Haris

Comment

Well whatever the girls were why should you go and rape them. I have a question haris. If you see a girl wearing mini skirt would you go and rape them.

Our ancestors never said to keep yourself covered nor it is written in our religion. We had our own traditional dress and even that doesn't cover the whole body of women. The saris remain near their knee and their shoulders are exposed.

If you look at the facts then you will see that rape rate is higher in Pakistan and Bangladesh then it is in USA or India or China.

Comment

Well India1989 your question is appreciated and thanks for the facts.But my friend,according to the survey held by Times of India very recently 68% of the people expressed that dressing of the women itself attracts a guy towards the sexual desire.

Its not the thing that every gal who wears a mini skirt should be raped.I think it depends on the area where she is.If a high class girl wears a mini skirt and went to a 5 star hotel,it will be ok....but when the same gal comes to a park with the same dress,many of the guys will be looking after her.It encourages guys to think in an unusual manner.

When all the foreigners look towards the Indian saree which they appreciate n like to wear,ours are looking for the skirts.........wat a pity?wearing jeans is fashionable n comfortable but wat abt the skirts n minis friend.....even they feel a little uncomfortable at times........

Comment

Well girls should have the freedom to wear whatever dress they want. If that's the case then whats the difference between India and Pakistan. How will India be developed if guys don't develop a sense of maturity.

See there are few rapists. But these rapists does maybe 30 rapes and this increases the rape rate. Ok maybe not you. Maybe a rickshaw wallah who is 20 years old. He maybe intimidated but he won't rape that girl. Every guy gets intimidated even if the girl is beautiful but they don't rape her unless he is a criminal.

We don't restrict guys from wearing anything just cause he has nothing to fear about. That way we should protect the girl instead of blaming it on the girls. This will encourage the rapers. See next they will say that it is girls fault that they are so beautiful. Girls should put black paints on their face before coming out.

No it is rapists fault and rapist should be either punished or given death penalty depending on how much rapes he has committed. This will automatically prevent people from committing rapes.

Comment

Working...
                              X