Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Here with a Dual citizenship

Hi everyone,
    First of all I just joined this site and after browsing here for a hour or so i gotta say this is an awesome site......covers a wide variety of topics. Alright now to the question i have. I am 29 years old born and brought up in india till the age of 18. I came to the US in 1995 and got my citizenship in 2002 and at the time had to surrender my Indian citizenship (back then there was no dual citizenship with india). I have heard that the dual citizenship is a reality now and just wanted to know if there is anyone out here who has a dual citizenship and if you could give some guidance (step by step procedure) about how to apply for a dual citizenship with india. Thanks in advance for all the help.

i already have my Indian citizenship. For getting a dual citizenship you have to go to the Indian embassy or a kind of place where you renew you Indian passport. there they will give all the info about how to get a dual citizenship. Be ready to have US $ 400 to get the dual citizenship.

Comment

Hello Punjabi Dude, Sat Sari Akal ji, welcome to India Book!! This is a great website.

Comment

the dual citizenship is useful. and as soumo had said, it does cost a lot if one was to renew it here in the west. and welcome to this forum. the abouve two members are very interesting. hope u can contribute more to the ongoing fun.
        miqsh
        EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

oh thanks very much for the compliments.

the money is essential and it might take anywhere from 3 months to 9 months to get you the dual citizenship depending on how long have you been living without Indian citizenship.

Comment

Working...
          X