Anna Hazare breaks fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Hazare breaks fast

Anna Hazare ended his fast on Wednesday, accepting coconut water from two school chidren in Anna caps as his supporters cheered and key aides like General VK singh and Kiran Bedi made speeches.

A day after the Rajya Sabha passed the Lokpal bill on Tuesday, the bill came up for discussion in Lok Sabha on Wednesday. The bill was passed smoothly as both the UPA and the NDA were in its favour. Here are the highlights:

Anna Hazare expressed his happiness over the passage of Lokpal Bill by Lok Sabha.

Anna Hazare breaks his fast at Ralegan Siddhi.

Comment

Finally Lokpall bill passed and Anna breaks his fast.

[/font]

Comment

At least an initiative has been started
        I Love this Forum

Comment

Now it is left with implementation part. We hope it will be smooth

Comment

I don't think there should be any affect on the government because of the Anna ji's fast. They just made a fun of him...The current governance shows this. But Yeah! I agree to say that people are alarmed because of such incidents. I hope such energetics incidents that are made by time to time some of the most Honourable people who thinks for India and the people will works..I am hoping for a democratic India...but for this we should all support to all the incidents which protest works which are not according....Top News

Comment

Is there effect by lokpall bill on corruption?

After eight unsuccessful attempts from last five decades, on Wednesday India took a historic step of enacting the lokpal law but I think that there is no effect on passing these laws because the bill was already passed in Dec. 2011 and now its Feb. 2014.Do you think it affects or not?

Comment

Why we guys are fighting over AK and ANNA...both have their own option of living, point must be both are doing work to remove corruption. We mango people are not doing anything except of commenting and this media person makes small concern bigger for example the heading is "Arvind Kejriwal missing in Anna Hazare's 'thank you' note" why press is involved about it if AK will have any issue for this he will talk with ANNA personally. To remove corruption first we mango people must stop giving money to any person who asks for money.
                If you need to find out current news in regards to politics, then you should check out the websites of some of the major world news networks.....

Comment

Anna Hazare is one of Indian’s well-acclaimed social activists. Anna Hazare started an indefinite hunger strike on 5 April 2011. The Fast ended on 9 April 2011. Social Activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday launched an undefined at his village to press for the passage of the Jan Lokpal bill.
                  Last edited by amankaur; 02-12-2014, 01:53 PM.
                  I LOVE BLOGS.

Comment

Anna Hazare

Anna Hazare started a definite hunger strike on 5 April 2011 to exert pressure on the Indian government to enact a stringent anti-corruption law. At 10.19a.m., on a jam-packed Ramlila Maidan, the 74-year old activist ended his fast by sipping of tender coconut water and honey, which were offered to him by two little girls – Simran (a Dalit) and Ikarh (a Muslim). “This will bring to an end the longest roza in the world, “said an activist, referring to Ramzan.
                    I love forums

Comment

Very few social activists have captured the attention of Indians across the globe as Anna Hazare did during his "fast unto death" over the issue of the Lok pal Bill in New Delhi in April 2011. Hazare, a Gandhian by belief, outlook and practice, has become the face of India's fight against corruption. During his fast over the Lok pal Bill, Hazare, a quintessential traditional Indian by looks and mannerism, managed to inspire and mobilize the support of even the ultra-modern Indians - Indians for whom the word "social" only means having a profile on social networking sites. The "Anna Hazare fast" can be described as the first real "social networking movement" in India.

cheers!!

Comment

Working...
                      X