Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey mohua. you from Bangladesh?

Comment

I didn't feel particularly unsafe when I was in India but then again, I was there with my family. It's probably not a good idea to travel anywhere by yourself (whether you're male or female) just because you might simply get sick while travelling. I would say that the general rules that apply to travelling also apply to India - you don't have to be stupid

It's true that foreigners get hussled a lot. I think that this is because we have no idea what the REAL value of things are... India is a low-cost country but we're used to paying a lot for even the simplest things you can get for 10 rupees. The same goes for rickshaws - when you have no idea where the place you're going to is, it's easy for the drivers to ask for anything they want. What I found very annoying, though, was that you couldn't even trust them to put on the meter because then they would just drive you around until they got the sum they wanted. I personally have absolutely no intrest to sit in the traffic for no reason, it really gets on your health. I'm not used to haggling either so I found it a bit stressful having to discuss the price all the time...

I was in india for only about 2.5 weeks so that's hardly enough for getting used to everything. I think that if you want to go to India for a longer period of time, you might first want to go there for a week or two... If you've never been to anywhere even remotely similar to India, you're most probably either going to like it or hate it

Comment

Welcome

Hello lala
        Welcome to India and Indiabook forums.

I don't know about u r experience in India but India is a very different place from other country. Every country has it's own identity but as u know India has it's unique identity and culture. so interfair in any culture u take some time ..
        ok thanks and again welcome.

Comment

Every place you go to has a different culture and way of living. so it is indeed different. Welcome to indiabook lala. hope you have fun with us.

Comment

contact me

Originally posted by leena
            thank you megrisoft

hi leena you can contact me i can help you to buy women apperals and accesorries in mumbai, i stay in mumbai, u can mail me at trayderji-at-yahoo.co.in

see ya

Comment

leena thank you for your trust on india. I am running Welfare projects related poor, destitute,aged persons at Bangalore, Will you visit, When you pay visit to india
              BR Ramaprasad
              Chairman
              Sri Shathashrunga Vidya Samsthe(R)
              Non-Profit Shirdi Sai organisation,
              Magadi Main Road,
              Bangalore-560079
              mobile; 9242452428

Comment

Ramaprasad Bangalore india

leena thank you for your trust on india. I am running Welfare projects related poor, destitute,aged persons at Bangalore, Will you visit, When you pay visit to india

BR Ramaprasad
                Chairman
                Sri Shathashrunga Vidya Samsthe(R)
                Non-Profit Shirdi Sai organisation,
                Magadi Main Road,
                Bangalore-560079
                mobile; 9242452428[/QUOTE]

Comment

After all the do and dont s of india. Something about the dos and donts of net which are applicable everwhere in the world. I hope u understand leela.

Comment

Dress material!!!

Dress material!!!
                    Bonanza in Ambala!!!

If u are planning to have some stuff from India. I would like to tell u, that after a drive of just four hours from Delhi, there is a place called Ambala.

U will find a wide variety of dress material there.

Market is full of dress materials consisting of lehngas-cholis, suits and sarees.

Let me make u brief description of every outfit:

Lenhga - choli is a dress which is like to be worn by women on functions and brides on their wedding.It consists of a big skirt stitched using huge yarn with embroidery work and beads decorated over it to make it beautiful.
                    It is worn with a top and dupatta decorated with zari.

Earlier, these were worn by royal people but their dresses were embedded with jewels and precious gems and stones.

A saree, u know is one of the most liked dress of Indian women.

It consists of big yarn which is beautifully wrapped around after making beautiful plates.
                    Art of wearing a saree further beautify it. .

U will get stuff of your choice at reasonable rates from huge varieties of colors and texts .

Comment

Working...
                    X