Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centchroman (Saheli/Centron) birth control for women - Any users out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centchroman (Saheli/Centron) birth control for women - Any users out there?

I'm trying to find some women who use, have used, or know people who have used, an Indian birth control pill called Centchroman. The brand names are Saheli and Centron.

I am an American who is part of a growing group of non-Indian women who have discovered Centchroman. The brand name most of us use is Saheli. It is not approved in the U.S., but we are able to order it online. Not exactly legal, but that's a risk we are willing to take because traditional hormonal birth control pills have given us such terrible side effects. Most of us are doing really well taking it (few/no side effects). We have done a lot of research, and even been in contact with the researchers with CDRI in India who developed it. We do trust it to be safe, but we would like to hear more about experiences of women who take it, especially if they have taken it for a longer period of time (multiple years).

Anyone out there? Thanks in advance!

Why to use such Pills there are many other ways to control birth, taking unnecessary pills is always risk. I will advice female not to use any pills there are many other method for control birth
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

India is on the forefront of developing more options for women in birth control! I wish the U.S. and other countries would follow their example! Women deserve to have options! Centchroman is an option, and it is up to the woman, or the woman and man together, but not the man alone, to decide what method is best for her health and comfort. Not all of these "many other ways" (condom, IUD, hormonal pills, fertility awareness, diaphragm) work for all women. You can advise me not to use pills all you want, but I didn't come here for such advice. I came here to see if anyone could share their experiences with a pill that is available and growing in popularity in India.

Comment

i am sure sunilkumar must have meant for ur good. he is right pills do have side affects so it would be best for u to seek better birth control methods. don't worry the world is developing so they would improvise something which might satisfy u.
        miqsh
        EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

OKay, I too am a woman in the us using this pill..
          Perhaps we americans are a bit quick to try any pill as a solution..
          But the problem is, what are these "other methods"?
          I cannot tolerate latex or chemicals used topically, and am truly curious if anyone out there has heard of this, knows someone taking this, or can provide me with any additional information, including the "better methods".
          Here in the states, the doctors all want to push hormone pills onto us, hormones that truly do cause many, many problems, and we are searching for ways to improve our quality of life, (as I am sure everyone here is too..)

thanks!
          ~a~
          Last edited by artemiss; 01-17-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X