A Conspiracy To Rival Sept. 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Conspiracy To Rival Sept. 11

SUICIDE bombers may have been just 48 hours from unleashing a terrifying plot to blow up passenger jets in mid-air when British police swooped.

Security chiefs launched pre-dawn raids to foil the terrorists after intercepting a message from Pakistan that said: "Do your attacks now". The chilling four-word command was a signal for plotters to bring forward their plan to destroy as many as three US-bound aircraft an hour for three hours.

US intelligence officials said the planes would have been blown up over cities that were "primary tourist attractions", such as New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Boston and Chicago.

British police arrested 24 people, mostly of Pakistani descent but including three Britons who had converted to Islam.

"Make no mistake, if this plot had succeeded it would have been bigger than 9/11 in terms of body count," a senior security source said.

More
    Last edited by Parveen Komal; 08-11-2006, 11:25 AM.
    Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
    www.indiabook.com
    Business
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

British officials on Friday identified 19 of the 24 suspects accused of planning to blow up U.S.-bound aircraft in the biggest terrorist plot to be uncovered since 9-11, while investigators probed their movements, background and finances.

Five Pakistanis have also been arrested in Pakistan as suspected "facilitators" of the plot, a government official said, in addition to two Britons arrested there about a week ago.

British police have arrested 24 people suspected of involvement in the plot. At least one was reportedly a woman with a small child; two others were converts to Islam. One of the suspects reportedly worked at Heathrow Airport.

The Bank of England said it had frozen the accounts of 19 people arrested Thursday. The men, ranging in age from 17 to 35, had names of Muslim origin, many of them common in Pakistan.
    www.indiabook.com
    Business

Comment

BRITISH police claim to have found a "martyrdom video" in which one of the 24 British Muslims arrested over an alleged plot to destroy up to a dozen passenger aircraft sets out his reasons for joining the planned suicide attack.

British officials said the damning evidence had been found in the home of one of the suspects, who include a 23-year-old biochemistry student and a Heathrow security guard with an all-areas access pass.
      www.indiabook.com
      Business

Comment

The interception by Pakistan’s security agencies of a message between suspects in an alleged plot to bomb US-bound flights and a timely tip-off to British authorities pre-empted what might have been a major terrorist attack, media reports said Friday.

The arrest of three suspects in Karachi on Tuesday led to the foiling of the plot, the Nation newspaper reported, quoting intelligence sources.

‘These three terror suspects were held after the interception of a communication regarding the terror plot,’ the paper quoting an unnamed official as saying.
        www.indiabook.com
        Business

Comment

Officials urgently rolled up the London terror cell after a member with Al Qaeda links was arrested in Pakistan, prompting a chilling secret message to the suspects in Britain:

"Do your attacks now."

The message - intercepted and decoded by the huge team of British agents tracking the terror suspects - came after Rashid Rauf was picked up near the Afghan border about 10 days ago.

Rauf, 25, was a "key person" in the plot and has an "Afghanistan-based Al Qaeda connection," according to the Pakistani Foreign Ministry.

Rauf's brother was among the 24 suspects arrested in Britain Thursday as officials scrambled to stop the plot to blow as many as 10 U.S.-bound jets out of the sky with liquid explosives mixed on board

www.indiabook.com
          Business

Comment

Pakistan has released the name of a British man alleged to be a key player in a plot plot linked to al-Qaeda to blow up US-bound passenger jets from Britain.

Pakistan's foreign ministry said British national Rashid Rauf was among 17 people arrested in Pakistan, triggering a wave of raids across Britain that foiled the alleged plot.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Aftab Khan Sherpao alleged that Rauf has ties with al-Qaeda and was a ringleader of the airborne suicide bombing scheme.

"We arrested him from the border area and on his disclosure we shared the information with British authorities, which led to further arrests in Britain," he told Associated Press.
            www.indiabook.com
            Business

Comment

U.S. and European officials described Pakistan yesterday as the hub of a plot to down transatlantic flights, saying the young British men allegedly behind the planned attacks drew financial and logistical support from sponsors operating in Karachi and Lahore.

At least 17 suspects in British custody for the aviation plot have family ties to Pakistan, and several had traveled there in recent months to seek instructions and confer with unknown conspirators, intelligence officials said yesterday, discussing several elements of the investigation on the condition of anonymity.
              www.indiabook.com
              Business

Comment

One question mr. megri. You are so concerned about sept 11 in US. Do u give one a damn to what happens in kashmir or mumbai or gujarat???

I never saw u post anything on these topics here.

Comment

come on mr megri....u arent seeing the main picture

ha ha!! that should get mr megri on his face.... yes i agree with rohit that there are more problems with ourselves and try concentrating india..besides i am not sure there are about 40 million terrorists who arent indians who wants to join with other terrorists in india and bring it down...that is scary for u now isnt that mr megri??? yes discussing britain and US is good but u seem to be carried away...

Comment

Boss! one thing you have to agree with, that after 9/11 there was not a single issue in US. But if you want Megri to talk about India then gentlemen I will say that first of all we should start learning from successful actions taken by any other country.

Just tell me now, other then ‘vote ki rajniti’ is there any thing else our leaders are doing?

1. In Nashik one person died due to Rajthakre’s political speech, many north Indians were forced to leave Maharshtra due to this political movement.
                    2. More then thousands of people lost their life in Bengal due to CPM policies.
                    3. Many people lost their life in Gujrat due to BJP policies.
                    4. Many people lost their life in Panjab due to Congress policies.
                    I think all these losses of life are not due to terrorist attacks.

If I was a terrorist, I will never send suicide attackers to India. I will just feed good amount of money to our Indian political dogs and they will kill their own people. Why should I loose life of my terrorists?
                    INDIAN
                    Ex-Indian Defense Service
                    "Vande Mataram"

Comment

hmmm

ya even i think politicians are major cause for terrorism...

Comment

Working...
                      X