No announcement yet.

America: Biblical Theme Continent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is just the violence! Let's not forget the backward nature that Christianity has on civilization.

Comment

No we aren't the one doing it. You are the one doing it by always talking highly of Europeans. Like I said Jesus Christ was an Arab. What he preached was more closer to what Gautam Buddha preached. He never called others' culture primitive or said anything remotely close to what you are peddling. Please do not use Jesus Christ's or God's name for your "social reform".

Comment

Originally posted by King Tejpreet
        Anyone who disagrees with us is not a nuisance value for me. But he must put facts for disagreement; rather than to start defaming me at the outset like you and bizaway did. .

I have put enough facts. Still u cant read them or want to be oblivious to them. Its your problem

I can easily earn my bread and butter being a M.B.B.S. Doctor. However, the purpose of my life is to enlighten as many people as I can. Church funds are to be used for achieving the objectives of our mission, not for my bread and butter. Be informed that I have enough ancestral money to live a comfortable life..

Practise medicine. You will contribute more to the society. Lots of people in punjab need u for that. Thats my personal advice. Rest is of course ur choice.

Yes, I am living in India because this is the part of the world that needs enlightenment badly. .

Enlighten yourself. People will come to you on their own. You will not have to hunt them to preach. Wise people dont preach they practise. Mahatama Gandhi never preached. He practised. And till date people get influenced by his ideas.

British Government do not send the books. They have to be purchased from medical bookstores. The books are available under ELBS cover funded by the British Government..

I wonder if thats true. Even if what u say is true. It does not matter to us even if they dont fund. Any student doing mbbs in india spends lacs on his education. A few thousands will not make any difference to anyone.

When I open <www.yahoo.com> or <www.google.com> on my browser, the Yahoo homepage says Search the Web or Pages from India. When we can search Indian pages at <www.yahoo.com> , what is the need to go to <in.yahoo.com> or <www.yahoo.co.in> . Similarly, Google page says Go to Google India. The point is that the content of all Europeans and American websites has been customised for Indians. Accordingly, we do not find topless female pictures in Online Edition of Cosmopolitan; neither do we find the naked scenes of Titanic, Basic Instinct or Pretty Women. Good for your culture and Good for my religion. But the point here is that the content has been customised for Indians. What makes you think that the content of IMF website has not been customised for Indians? .

If u want to live in a fools paradise. Its your choice. All the newspapers, media, google, everyone is wrong. You are right.

Christians are very much part of Indian Territory. We are not forcing anybody to believe in God. Infact, you and VHP are forcing people NOT to believe in God. We are just spreading the Word of God, which is very much legal and ethical. .

No VHP member ever says that dont believe in God. On the contrary u people say that pray to God the way we do and hinduism, buddhism, sikhism, zoroastrianism and every religion that is not islam or christianity is wrong. And inspite of ur best efforts these religions will prevail and spread without any missionaries. Because they dont preach hatred and lies.
        .[/QUOTE]

Comment

Reality of god is a matter of faith. And not everyone goes around claiming that only he knows god and the path to him like u do.

You can live happily with ur fantasies. I neither care not give a damn to your crap as long as u do not interefere with my life and try to say things about my country and my people.

Comment

"Things have changed a little over the past 2000 years!"

Really, Jesus has been 2000 years old reality.

King seems to forget that the middle ages in Europe were called dark ages. During that time all the powers were vested with the Church. Church was supreme. So, I refuse to believe that Jesus can enlighten anyone.

It was only after the power of church eroded, the europe could make progress. Just look into history and see that the world progressed not due to church but due to efforts of Galileo, Newton, charles darwin etc. and most of them made statements contrary to the church. All of whom gave new dimensions to the science and their statements were contrary to the church. It only due to science which made the lifestyles better.

And now this man is telling us that Europe advanced due to presence of church and christianity.

What a stupid logic.
            Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

The Middle Ages have been called by some as Dark Ages, due to neglect of artistic and technical work. This was due to the fall of the Roman Empire. Knowledge from the ancient Romans survived only in a few monasteries and cathedral schools.
              First of all I will like to state that the above mentioned lines are wrong. Yours is an classic example how do the people like you mould the factors to suit your aims. Of course, this was one of the factor relating to the dark ages but not the major one. The prime factor was dominance of chuch over all authorities, i.e. over the king, over the social factors, over the economy etc.

During the Protestant Reformation of the 16th and 17th century, Protestants wrote of it as a period of Catholic corruption.

We, at Preet Church (a Protestant Church), however, do not quite endorse the above quote.
              Of course you only endorse the things selectively, which suits your motives.

Middle Ages were a decisive period in the genesis of Western technological supremacy. The "activist character" of medieval Western Christianity provided the "psychic foundations" of technological inventiveness.
              Again a big lie. What was europe doing from fourth to 13th century. It was the only area which was under the complete influence of christianity. In the medivial ages it was an area which was most backword as compared to other areas like Asia. So you want to say that you have to be backword for that much longer period so as to advance lateron. No. The factors is that Europe progressed because the grip of christianity over the mind of the people had begun to loose.

In fact, it was not the christianity which made the advancement. It was the loss of power of christianity which made the advancement.

What do you want to say about psalms? You have quoted psalms which are factually wrong.

You have mentioned that Galileo defended heliocetrism by stating that this was not against Bible. But you did mention the need to defend heliocentrism.

Is not it that church felt that this theory was against the Bible. Otherwise why should the above mentioned statement be made.

The fact is that basically faith and science are diametrically opposite on their stands. While the religions say that all the facts written in the holy books are right and they should not be contracdicted. While the science says that you should go in for search of reason, why is it happening. Science says that do not believe anything blindly. There must be some reasons for everything. Go in for searching these reasons.

Also the most of the scientific facts of the bible and other religious texts are proven wrong. So it is of no use to enlighten any one by putting these wrong facts.

As far as, America is concerned it was not discovered in 15th century by man as the native red indians were living there before invasion by the europeans. This invasion also brought about untold miseries upon them. What kind of enlightment are you talking about.
              Last edited by Puneet Sood; 05-10-2007, 09:38 AM.
              Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Wow! a wonderful excuse. Dark ages is not official.

What a name plate would like be this one "Dark Ages Department".
                What can be a far more funny excuse. As I have already written, during this period Europe was much backword than Asian regions.

You did not elaborate the reasons, why is it so. Why is it so that the cultures which existed before advent of christianity has given us so many scholars. There is long list of ancient Greek scholars. Why is it so that we do not find much scholars of that much fame during these medivial ages. Why is it so that we know much about ancient Greek and Roman culture than about the medivial Europe. There must be some reasons for it. Actually, with the advent of the church in Europe nobody was allowed to go beyond the limits defined by the church.

The fall of Roman empire has not much to do with the period of 3rd century to 13th or 14th century. Did the fall continue for that much period. Is not it that during this period the church was supreme in Europe. You claimed that the church was important factor but not the supreme factor. Even if I go with your statement why is it so that whole of europe could not produce a matching figures of earlier greek culture. There is a long list of greek scholars, philosphers.

Actually, religions demand that what has been written is final. All the knowledge regarding the evolution in Bible has been proven wrong. Adam and Eve were the figment of imagination, not the creation of God. It is all known to us.

In most of the books of that time the facts has been mentioned as it seemed to man. Not in the way the things occur actually. You have yourself quoted the psalm which state that the sun runs from east to west. Actually to look for scientific factors in these books is foolishness and further trying to justify them is madness.

I do not say that the Bible is wrong. The bible was right during its time because the factors written in it are just what the man believed during that age. Now after advancement of knowledge and science we know that some of the factors are wrong. You can not justify them. If you try to justify them you simply prove that God is wrong.

Voila, you have written a name of scholar (Mr. White) who in reality accused bible to be anti nature type. Please go to your referred page and read it fully. I also request other persons to read it. I salute him. The above quoted scholar had written that christian middle ages were the root of the ecological crisis in 20th century. You did not quote these lines why is it so it were just written ahead of your reference.

He said since christianity sees man as supreme being and nature as soul less creation, this led to neglect of nature by man. It has to be corrected. He made the above mentioned statement in this regard. It is just another flaw of Bible. But I shall not mention more than it. Anyway, it is just an example of persons like you who bend the factors to suit their aims. See yourself.

As regarding Galileo you are not putting full facts. You did not mention that the Published the findings above in a book called Sidereus Nuncius (The Sidereal Messenger). These findings were strong evidence supporting heliocentrism (Sun-centered universe) which was, at the time, against the teachings of the Bible and the Catholic Church. Galileo was then warned by the church not to teach heliocentrism as fact, only as a theory.

It is another factor that the universe is not sun centered. But it is far more correct statement than the fact that the universe is geo-centric.
                For defying the warning of the Catholic Church Galileo was forced to recant and was placed under house arrest for the rest of his life. The church only approved the findings of Galileo much later, when there was no option left.
                Should I elaborate further.

I had fully explained. You talked about creation of universe. The Big Bang theory is already there. Kindly search for it yourself.

Actually, the facts which are not known to us, are simply referred to as God's or some mystical force. But as we are knowing the facts the mysteries of nature are revealed. This is a continious process. It will continue. So, we should be prepared for more and more surprises from universe.

The diameter of the universe is believed to be 20 billion light years. In one second the light travels 3 lakh kilometers. Earth's diameter is 12000 kilometers. Why should the God be worried about which faith do the man on this earth observe.

I only say that all the faiths including christianity is the creation of imagination of man and not the God.

So, I do not feel the need to change the faith of anyone. It seems strange that you are not impressed by the Great Gurus of Punjab. But look far away for enlightment.
                And your enlightment is in monetary terms. That is why you are linking prosperity with enlightment. Strange!

If this arguement continues, then I must say that NRIs, Non- resident chinese and jews are far more enlightened than european people in your new found land i.e. america. As these are three top most prosperous communities there.

Christ Jesus has spoken the Word of God. All that He has spoken in 1st century (available information; properly interpreted) is the truth of that time. As envisaged by Lord Jesus, America has come up (in 15th century A.D.). As of date, earth is a planet and revolves around the sun. But this is only because of design modification (of universe) by God. God is the creator of universe and can modify universe any time (without any notification).
                My dear Your arguements prove that you are genius. At time of Jesus it was sun which was revolving around the sun. Now, God moulded the universe and now it is earth which is revolving around sun. This is a new theory. I will like to recommend your name for noble prize. Please forward this thoery to some physics journals Also put your theories regarding coming up of America. Did it come up from sea or felt from sky? Who can argue with you.
                Last edited by Puneet Sood; 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM.
                Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

It appears Puneet Sood has many misconceptions.

1) Had the term “Dark Ages” been official, some universities might have named their department as “Department of Dark Ages History” instead of “Department of Medieval Ages History”.

2) In my previous post (Post #40), it has already been well documented (from Wikipedia) that the Dark Ages are so called because of the non-availability of historical records pertaining to that period. It is the darkness of the Historians that they do not know the history of that period, not that the life of that period was Dark.

3) Puneet Sood has himself made it clear to all that Lynn White was not a disciple of Christ. Hence, I do not need to comment on the objectiveness and validation of his research analysis that the Christian nature of Medieval Ages provided the "psychic foundations" for Modern Age technological advancement.

4) Be informed that the BIG BANG theory does not comment on the First Cause. In other words, HOW DID MATTER COME UP FROM NOTHING? Search for its reason. If science can give you the answer, then do not believe in God.

5) Puneet Sood has remarked that earth appears to be a very minute planet in the Universe and therefore God should not care about its humans. It sounds funny to me.

Earth is the centre of the universe. (although galaxies may be non-uniformly distributed around it). Earth is the only planet known to support intelligent, communicating life (correct me if I am wrong on this). I see no reason why God should not care for us.

6) Puneet Sood has spoken of Indians living in First World nations. Since forum members having commonsense can see-through the Stunt Media (present in third world countries), I do not feel the need to comment on this.

7) Regarding the explanation of the facts of Bible, I already told that it is difficult to explain them to non-believers. Real explanation is provided only to members of my church. Explanation is, infact, not needed for people who consider themselves having originated by chance, and therefore do not believe in moral values.

Noble Prize is not awarded for achievement in Spirituality.
                  I am pursuing a doctorate program from a Protestant Church of United States.

8) America came up from nothing, just as the entire universe has come up from nothing.

Perhaps Puneet Sood might do some research to find out the First Cause of his favorite Big Bang theory winning a Noble Prize and removing the ignorance of us people regarding how the first matter came up from nothing.

N.B.: It is bad manner to address someone as 'Dear' if he/she is not dear to you.

All these above reasons show that how much a man can be relucutant to see reasons. You are only repeating your foolish statements one after another.

Even the names suggested by you are funny. But you did not answer the question about the scholars of ancient Greece or greek and roman culture. You have no answer to that.

You have mentioned that Mr. White was not disciple of Jesus. He did not refer to medivial ages in the sense you are trying to make us to believe. He actually blamed the christians to be unsympethetic towards other animals, plants and nature. This, according to him lead to be distortion of the natural elements. He never said that there were wonderful scientific or social or literary and any kind of special developments during dark ages.

I have written the facts about earth. You can put your claim in any meeting of astronomers and make a bufoon of yourself. What can I say about you. It is for another persons to see that how faith can blind a man.

As regarding incomes of indians in the first world you can find yourself about it. Indians are far more richer than whites in USA, UK. In other developed countries they have miniscule presence. It is the community in USA which has highest educational qualification at an average than any other community. I again repeat my statements. I also mentioned two other communities. You did not refer to them.

Your statement also prove that your enlightment is monetary enlightment. A new term I have to give to your briliant enlightment. You are the person who can bend before whites at any cost.

You can not escape by saying that I am non christian or non faithful. Most of the scientific discoveries were done by christian scientists themselves. It were they who proved theory regarding Adam and Eve as wrong. It were they, who proved that universe is not geocentric. But alas, they were not stupid like you.

Gaining knowledge is continious process. I have already mentioned that the universe has many mysteries yet to be resolved. But, at least this certain that the universe did not evolve in the way of bible or any religious reason.

Also you have put your answer, regarding coming up of America in 15th century. You must forward this reason to scientists for kind consideration.
                  I am not a scientist rather nor Big Bang theory is my favourite subject. But, it is common knowledge.
                  Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

I will salute you for answers regarding coming of America.

So it came up during 15th century from nowhere only to be found by the European people. This also leads us to believe that the original people of America were created by God to be used by Europeans.

Please read history and find the treatment given to natives of the america by the new coming europeans. What do you think of these persons.

They were only created by God to be used by the Europeans. They were killed enmasse, made slaves and their own land was snatched by the europeans. What a wonderful treatment was God planning for its own creations. Or you want to say that only white men are supreme. Your earlier posts also suggest that.

You have skirted issue of evolution. Why is it so? You also did not answer why the Galileo was put under the house arrest by church, if he had only confirmed the views of church

It is a very common excuse that explanation of facts are very difficult to explain to a non believer. Or is it that you do not have any explanation. As I have already said that it is foolishness to look for the answers for scientific theory in bible.

If you have any answer regarding, how it was created by God. Kindly explain. Please do not use the words like came up or appeared as these are words appearing from some fairy tales. Explain properly. I will like to listen a new story.

Every faith has its own set of beliefs and its own way of worship, its own concept of God. Because man's mind is curious. It is always looking for the answers for various questions regarding whatever happens around him.

When these answers were not known to man, they were answered in the way you are answering. But these days answering these questions in this way is nothing but madness.

Remember, every faith has its own set of beliefs. If Christianity has its own concept of creation of universe, earth, man and other things, Hinduism has also its own concept of creation of universe etc.

Unfortunately, if you look to these sets of beliefs to explain the functioning of universe, or subjects like discovery of America you only show your mental bankruptcy.
                    Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

[B]
                      Those who are funding scientific research directed to deny the existence of God are stupid; those who are using the research data to interpret God as ‘mere imagination’ are idiots.

Forwarding spiritual hypothesis to atheist scientists (fools) is useless. Theist scientists already believe in Christ as Son of God.
                      What is the use of talking to a person who is not able to see the reason. All he wants to say that all the researches which are contrary to original beliefs of bible are wrong and funded by the atheist people.

Actually, it is the people like him who wrongly try to mix the faith with science. Both are different subjects where religion has its own role to play by showing the moral values for the man. Science has its role in serving the people by creating awareness regarding welfare of life in general and human life in particular.

Regarding your thread I submit that God has nothing to do with the discovery of America. It was self created belief by the European. Why would the God create native people (They also seem to be created by God as the continent it self created by the God) to be killed, made slaves by the sons of Adam and Eve (I have to refer to them as you believe in them) who committed a great sin by eating the forbidden fruit and lateron leading to their fall. Why would God let the fallen people kill the pure people? It is another matter for centuries, these native (pure) people were continued to be looked as inferior persons.

It is not me but people like you who demean God, by saying that there are forces in heaven which are the cause of the traumas on earth. If the God is almighty he must be able to control these forces.

I believe as a human being, all that the work done by me, I am accountable to God.
                      Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Fantastic Enlightment

Inspite of all my scientific documentations, Puneet Sood still believes Man to have evolved from Monkeys. That is a pretty wrong ideology since it leads to moral degradation.

Puneet Sood takes all scientific data concerning universe as truth, without realising that may be God Himself is putting that data concerning evolution to avoid being recognised as the Overwhelming Power. Nevertheless, there are spiritual forces other than God that intend suffering and immorality in the world.
                        According to Wikipedia, it is estimated that there are some 700 scientists (Geologists and biologists) in U.S. who give credence to creation-science, the general theory that complex life forms did not evolve but appeared 'abruptly'. Since Spirituality is real, the presence of findings concerning evolution do not mean anything. The universe is a creation of God, so are these findings.

The scientific findings contradicting or confusing the existence of God should be treated (under law) on the same pattern as porn literature, to safeguard society from moral degradation.
                        So science is porn. Fantastic arguement. What is the use to discuss scientific concepts with you?

Any way you have no proper answer regarding Red Indians who according to you were creation of God and their sufferings at the hand of the europeans. I will also like to know their status. Are they special human beings in your concept because they have been created by God or they have separate Adam and Eve?
                        Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

What should I say about you and your thinking. You are really great, But your birth is somewhat late. You should have born in the 1st century itself. It is wastage of time to argue with you.

Goodbye!
                          Last edited by Puneet Sood; 05-20-2007, 04:09 PM.
                          Don’t worry, Be happy

Comment

Working...
                          X