43 killed in Stampede in Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 43 killed in Stampede in Chennai

At least 43 people were killed and 50 others injured in a stampede at a relief distribution centre in K K Nagar Vysarpadi area in Chennai on early Sunday morning.
    The incident occurred at around 4.30 a.m. (IST) when more than 2,000 people gathered near the relief distribution centre, located in a government school to collect relief material, rushed in for shelter when there was a heavy downpour due to a deep depression over the Bay of Bengal. There was a heavy stamped which claimed the lives of 43 people.
    This is the second time when this kind of stampede occurred in the city. A similar incident had occurred on Nov 6, when 6 persons were killed and 20 others were injured at a relief distribution centre in Vysarpadi area.
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

yea megrisoft chennai is not ..... rich as chandighar ... because of few rumor spread by official that relief things will not be available in future... there was lot of rush to get the relief and in that accident took place .... I hope government will take proper action against all those things and rumors....
    "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
    X