Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about the life of family of a soldier who sacricificed his life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the life of family of a soldier who sacricificed his life?

He was just days away from flying home to see his first child when he led his men in a bloody encounter with intruding militants in Kashmir valley and rescued a colleague caught in the firing line but the brave Major Dinesh Raghu Raman lost his life.

The officer in the early thirties will be posthumously conferred the nation's highest peacetime award, the Ashok Chakra.

Jai Hind. But a certificate, a few lakh rupees and some tears is not enough for the family. They (the parents, wife and children) have to be taken care of till they can stand on their feet. I think there should also be some private initiative too. But our dirty politicians can never think of such ideas... I wonder how many politicians have their children serving in the Armed Forces. In fact there should be a condition that unless you don't have a child or a brother in the Armed Forces, you can't stand for election. Serving the country (with their life) is not the job of a few families alone. Some families and some communities (whatever stupid reason they have) think its somebody else's business.

During my Indian defense service tenure I met a group of Australian solders. The living standard of those people was very high and we with in our self felt a some sort of infiriarity complex.
    But the truth is that we Indian join the arm forces for the very first need that is bread and butter because in India getting jobs is the most problematic task due politics of vote bank. I think you understand what I mean to say.
    This is the cause we defense people are just used and thrown.
    There in Australia people are requested to join defense services as there are plenty of job available and one comes to defense is being given all type of facility when live or died.
    There is a strong revolution required to get out of all these crips and dependency.
    INDIAN
    Ex-Indian Defense Service
    "Vande Mataram"

Comment

I agree with Amit, there should be compulsory 2 years military for all citizens like in Britain or any other country. As shubhabrata said, Standard of living in Indian Army is lower than developed country. Pay scale should be increased in the defense, so only many people opt for military, as people are earning very well in IT/BPO/Call centre.

Jai Jawan!

Comment

In India even the corruption is involved in the defense , in ever year we heard so many scams regarding defense forces , at least armed forces must be out of this.

Comment

Working...
        X