Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indians in US

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also new to this country (USA).
    I started this thread mainly to discuss the problems that we Indians encounter after coming to a totally new country like America. Please express your views.
    The most common problem that many Indians face and which I am also facing is the language problem, its actually the accent. It takes some time to get used to the accent of americans but I guess it takes a long time for us to change our accent so that americans can understand. I always end up repeating 2 or 3 times what ever i am saying to an american. This is just one of my experiences.
    It would be great if you all can express your views about what kind of problems you faced and how you all overcame it.

thanks
    Gold

I'm in the IT field and I work around alot of people from India and Africa. People from India and Africa like to hang with people from there country which is fine but I think you should take some time to hang with Americans more and you will find yourself picking up the dialect very quickly. I have a friend from West Africa that I have known for years everytime he goes home for a month or so he revert back to his old accent of english.

Comment

Working...
    X