"Rajkummar Rao is ready to rock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Rajkummar Rao is ready to rock"

Rajkummar Rao, Mahesh Bhatt & Hansal Mehta promote City Lights. Rajkummar Rao plays a lead role in City Lights, directed by Hansal Mehta.The film is a remake of the BAFTA nominated British film Metro Manila. The movie is going to release on 30th May 2014.

After his national award winning performance in 'Shahid', Rajkummar Rao is all ser for his next release 'Citylights'. A particular scene in the movie needed Rajkummar to enact a drunk sequence. In the scene, Rajkummar visits a bar, gets sloshed and arrives home dead drunk. Rajkummar who is a non alcoholic in real life decided to take to the bottle in a bid to bring credibility to his performance. "I don't drink but I didn't want to fake it. So I asked Hansal, who is experienced in these matters, on the drink that I should be having. On his advice, I started off with vodka. I had about two pegs but nothing happened. Then I started downing a few more and after about five or six pegs. "After drinking so much, I had no control. We were shooting on the eighth floor and there was always an element of scariness. Finally after pack up, I had to get the entire alcohol out of my system," said Rajkummar.

Last edited by Reena Rawal; 05-15-2014, 06:28 PM.
Working...
X