No announcement yet.

Cricket World Cup 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Group D encounter between Zimbabwe and debutants Ireland ended in a thrilling draw at Sabina Park, Jamaica on Thursday.

Chasing a victory target of 222, Zimbabwe was bowled out for 221 on the last ball of the innings. This is the third tie in a World Cup.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

The Schedule for 16th March World Cup Matches

Netherlands v South Africa
      At St Kitts (starting at 1330 GMT)

England v New Zealand
      At St Lucia (starting at 1330 GMT)
      IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Results

England: 209 /7 in 50 ovs
        New Zealand: 210 /4 in 41 ovs

New Zealand Won by 6 wickets
        Man Of The Match:Scott Styris (New Zealand)

South Africa: 353 /3 in 40 ovs
        Netherlands: 132 /9 in 40 ovs

South Africa Won by 221 runs
        Man Of The Match:Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa)

The Schedule for 16th March World Cup Matches

Bangladesh v India Port of Spain, Trinidad
        Ireland v Pakistan Kingston, Jamaica

Herschelle Gibbs smashes a record six sixes in an over

Herschelle Gibbs's six sixes off Dan van Bunge's fourth over was a record for international matches.

29.1 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, flighted delivery on the stumps, Gibbs comes down the track and lofts it over deep mid wicket, it seems the ball is out of the ground

29.2 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, flighted delivery outside the off stump, Gibbs comes down the track and lofts it hard and high over long off

29.3 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, flighted delivery outside off, Gibbs comes down the track and lofts it again over long off, that is 3 sixes on a trot

29.4 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, now that is the fourth one, is it going to be a record, flighted delivery on the stumps, Gibbs comes down the track and lofts it high and high over deep mid wicket

29.5 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, it is something unseen and never though off, another six and it seems records are to be written today, short of length delivery outside off, Gibbs goes on the backfoot and lofts it over between extra cover and long off

29.6 van Bunge to Gibbs, SIX!!, that is the 6th one, Gibbs is simply enjoying this ride and in these flourish of sixes it seems all have forgotten that Gibbs has scored his FIFTY!!, flighted delivery outside off, Gibbs comes down the track and hits it high over long off
        Attached Files
        Last edited by punjabi_munda; 03-17-2007, 12:06 PM.
        With Love From
        Punjabi Munda

Comment

Today's Matches

Sat, Mar 17
          Bangladesh vs India
          Queen's Park Oval

Sat, Mar 17
          Ireland vs Pakistan
          Sabina Park, Jamaica

Upcoming Matches

Sun, Mar 18
          Australia vs Netherlands
          Warner Park, St Kitts

Sun, Mar 18
          Canada vs England
          Beausejour Stadium

Mon, Mar 19
          Bermuda vs India
          Queen's Park Oval

Mon, Mar 19
          West Indies vs Zimbabwe
          Sabina Park, Jamaica

Tue, Mar 20
          Scotland vs South Africa
          Warner Park, Basseterre
          http://www.himalyan.in
          http://www.himalyan.biz
          http://www.garhwaltourism.net

Comment

India has won the toss and decided to bat first

India has won the toss and decided to bat first

Dravid has decided to back Sehwag, he is in the playing eleven!
            With Love From
            Punjabi Munda

Comment

It was pain to see the way India was playing... All the indian players are good on papers only.....

The biggest upset of the tournamet ... is loss of india most probably pakistan ... india do have chance to come if they beat srilanka and bermuda.. but now i dont think... India will able to qualify in super eight.

Bangladesh did good job in all departments of game...

Other than Ganguly and Yuvraj no other batsman was able to score..

Harbhajan bowling was good ...

Dravid captainship was not good.. we lost this match coz of his captainship.

First of all team selection was bad.

In place of Agarkar...... Pathan should have played....

Secondly, He would have told utapa to play his natural game... he was not playing his natural game...

Thirdly Utapa and Ganguly should have open the inning and Sehwag would have come one down.

Fourthly, when Ganguly try to hit over boundry by taking risk... he stoped him... As per me without taking risk we can't win.. Cricket is a game and in game we do have to take chances...

Fifth the Slogan of pepsi is not good...---> Hu haa India... <--- ( I dont know why I dont like ... but its very unlucky for india even in ICC tournament... our performance was not nice).

Sixth mistake... He took batting after winning toss ... when wicket was having something for bowler in morning....

Seventh Dhoni is playing very low down the oder i will prefer him to play at the top....where Dravid use to come for bat.

Note:- Agarkar is Good for nothing... He was always secondary type of bowler for india... earlier shrinath and prasad were primary then Zahir and Nehra , then Munaf and Zahir.... After getting so much exp. Agarkar is still secondary bowler... Any way he is not doing batting ... so Pathan should be in and He should be out... One more thing I will like to tell.. Dravid should not be ashmed to take guidance from Ganguly on field... see its a team game..

Dravid and Chapple should understand our non-regular bowler did great job... they share 10 over within themself in which they took 2 wicket and gave only 37 run.
              Non-Regular bowler
              ===================
              S Tendulkar 3 over 8 run
              Y Singh 3 over 15 run
              V Sehwag 5 over 17 run and 2 wicket

Will India Going to qualify in super 8... that is the biggest question now...

I wasted my whole evening and night.... seeing india play

Lets Do Advertisement... HU HA INDIA.... GU KHALIYA INDIA ..... q ki Banlgadesh nay ... Jor ka Zatka Deeray say diyaa
              Last edited by sunilkumar; 03-18-2007, 03:18 AM.
              "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

HU HA INDIA HAARA INDIA.

great job India. We are so proud of you India. Hope you keep losing like this.

god what's wrong with India.

On the other hand Ireland defeated Pakistan by 3 wickets.

Good job Ireland.

Comment

Pakistan is out of world cup now.... & his coach was found unconcious in his room and when he was take to hospital in jamica he found to be dead... it was really socking news...

Bob was great coach but he did mistake by coaching Pakistani team in which many player are not able to understand English....

Bob was good coach for south african team... actually he made south african team for future.

Bob was far better coach than Chapple....

Bob term was not nice with few pakistani player like Shohib Akhtar.

I think pakistan board should only select pakistani coach for their team ... PCB should not try to copy BCCI coz India is different, most of indian player are able to understand english very well....

I Do have doubt that.... BOB was killed by someone(murdered) due to pakistani team performace.... Proper investigation of this has to be done......

As a cricket lover i am sad of this news..... May god give peace to soul of BOB.

BOB played as all-rounder in 19 test and 6 one-dayers for England, he was better coach than player...
                  "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

God bless Bob's soul. He was born in India. I am really sad and shocked after hearing this news.

Comment

Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer died in hospital here on Sunday after being found unconscious on the floor of his World Cup hotel room, an official confirmed. Woolmer was 58 years old.This is a very sad and devastating news in the World Cup.
                      May Bob's soul rest in peace.
                      Founder & Creative Mind of Megrisoft
                      www.indiabook.com
                      Business
                      Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

Inzamam, stricken by grief of a humiliating exit after the Ireland defeat and the death of coach Bob Woolmer, announced his retirement from limited-overs cricket.

Comment

headlines Mar 19

West Indies could become the first side to confirm a place in the Super Eights at the World Cup, when they face Zimbabwe Sabina Park on Monday.

Inzamam-ul-Haq announced his retirement from One-day cricket after his team's humiliating exit from the World Cup and the death of coach Bob Woolmer.

Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf led tributes to national cricket coach Bob Woolmer on Sunday after his "tragic" death in Jamaica.

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has died in a Kingston hospital after being found unconscious in his hotel room on Sunday morning.

Andrew Flintoff was axed as vice-captain of the England team after being dropped for match against Canada because of his off-field behavior.

India will have no time to ponder their shock defeat against Bangladesh when they face debutants Bermuda in a must-win Group B clash on Monday.
                          http://www.himalyan.in
                          http://www.himalyan.biz
                          http://www.garhwaltourism.net

Comment

England beat minnows Canada by 51 runs in their Group C encounter at St Lucia on Sunday, but it was nowhere near a convincing victory. Chasing 280 for a win, Canada finished at 228 for seven after 50 overs with DR Chumney unbeaten on 27 and GR Codrington 7 not out.

Comment

Brad Hodge hit a maiden one-day hundred and Michael Clarke scored an unbeaten half-century to help Australia achieve a thumping 229-run ICC CWC win over Netherlands on Sunday.

Comment

Match Schedules for 19th March 2007

India
                                vs
                                Bermuda

And

West Indies
                                vs
                                Zimbabwe

The Indian and Bermudian cricketers will wear black armbands and the flag at Queen's Park Oval will fly at half-mast during their World Cup Group 'B' game today in condolence of Bob Woolmer's death.
                                The mark of respect would be observed by all teams in their next matches and the respective venues at the quadrennial event, the International Cricket Council has said.

Comment

Working...
                                X