Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 17th 2006

First test ends today and the result is draw

Sehwag finally got out this afternoon, defying light in pursuit of a record, he had hit up 254 runs off just 247 deliveries with a mind-bending 47 boundaries besides the one six.

Sehwag was Man-Of-MAtch...

Naved got one wicket of sehwag

India 410-1

Nothing Much to say about this match next test match will start in Faislabad on january 21st.
    Indian should not open their cards that who will play and who will not play in second match, team should be decided after seeing the wicket of faislabad.....

Thats it for now

"Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Hi! Sunilkumar,
      No comments from you for the 2nd test so far. I hope your are fine in your health and spirit.

Let's predict the rsult of this test..

I think it's draw again...

One more question is that fine to create such a batting friendly pitch?
      Link Building Resources
      Directory of Search Engines

Comment

Well done Dhoni. I will Gift you a buffalo[Gives 25 litres of milk 3 time] if you will score a triple ton... Guys let him know my offer...
        Link Building Resources

Comment

January 23 2006
          End of 3rd day of second test bwtween Pakistan & India

First two day of match was totally dominated by Pakistani India were 110-1 at end of second day but before that Pakistan had scored 588 which is a big score….. As per bowling Zahir and R P singh did good job but I will prefer Zahir khar bowling round the wicket to Right handers batsman.

Once again Shaid Afridi was the key factor for this massive total….

The decision of talking 5 bowlers for this match by india was not correct, I already said Pakistani player are good in playing off spin bowling… may be bhaji can do something on 4th or 5th day of game but on first 3 day as per the wicket was provided it was useless to take him in a team..

India were not able to grab the opportunity when Pakistan were 216-4 partnership between Afridi and Inzy was big partnership… when there are 5 bowler in team then opposition must get out within 350 other wise there is lot of pressure on batsman… Playing with five bowlers was risk taken by Indian team.

Ganguly was droped without any reason. & tendulkar as per our few former Indian player who consider him as genius what he did .. ? Only 14 run on batting wicket… Tendulkar is not a genius he is pamper child of other former Indian player…I agree he is talented but not a genius.

Sehwag don’t know who is vinu mankad and pankaj roy well my son… who is not born yet as I am unmarried, one day he will say who is sehwag ….

Sehwag played very well in first test he is a good player but I can say now Pakistani had got some idea about sehwag.
          Sehwag is not comfortable against shohib akhtar he was droped when he was on 12 and he got out on 31 that in slip. The way sehwag was out had open the gate for Pakistani to dominate him in rest of series… I had seen sehwag getting out in slip many times.

Dravid as usual just like rock.

At one stage on 3rd day India were 281/5 Pakistan also missed Chance to put India on back foot as Dhoni thrashed unbeaten 116 of 123 ball.

Dhoni(116 not out) and Pathan(49 not out) are playing good. Pathan not able to take wicket but doing good with bat.

Suppose if Dhoni had gotten out earlier then Pakistani could have been in total control of this match ,,, so the idea of playing with 5 bowler is not advisable… every time you can’t expect Dhoni to score 100. India is playing with a big tail in this match we all know our strength is batting so we should play with out strength….

I can say the match will ends into draw but if India gets out below 488 then Pakistan will get lead of 100 runs so after getting lead if they can score quickly 275 run in their second inning and then give India chance to score 375 in last day of game to win match … but that will also be gamble for Pakistan as Indian can make 375 in one day.. So match will be in draw no one can afford to lose ….

Thats it for Now ,,,,

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-23-2006, 10:51 PM.
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

January 24 2006 4:39 Pm (India)
            Fourth Day of second test between India and Pakistane Faisalabad

M Dhoni 144 of 152 ball
            I Pathan 90 of 171 ball
            Harbhajan Singh 38 of 48 ball

India first inning total Total: 603-10 (165.4)

Dhoni is hero of this match

Dhoni, Pathan haul India out of a spot

Playing only his fifth Test, the 24-year-old scored a blazing century, his maiden in Test cricket, against Shoaib Akhtar & Co. and, in the process, helped India avoid the follow-on in the second Test against Pakistan on Monday.

And On Tuesday India took lead of 15 run, It was good to see bhaji scoring 38 run.

Most Successful bowler from pakistan side was D Kaneria who bowl 54 over 6-Maiden 165-Runs & 3-wicket.

Kapil Dev word for Dhoni ==>"We talk a lot about Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, but this boy has as much as talent as anyone in the game,"

Most of Indian cricket icon says ...even though the Jharkhand wicketkeeper is not a gifted player, he is a good striker of the ball. Well I will say Dhoni is a gifted player but as he comes from jharkhan most of cricketing expert under estimate him the way he had paddled kaneria for four shows that he is hard hitter of ball,talented & gifted player.

Rudra Pratap Singh youngster taking four wickets on debut on a pitch supporting the batsmen... shows that this guy has talent

Most of cricketing expert say In the last 15 years they haven't heard so much criticism about a pitch. The pitches are very bad for cricket. They must prepare sporting wickets to produce results. Every cricketer would like to have a result-oriented pitch.

But here i will like to put words of Moin khan... what Moin khan (former pakistani wicket keeper) say ==> In Lahore Pakistan declared their first innings at 679 and if my memory is correct, they scored something like 350 runs in under 60 overs on the second day. I think they thought that on this wicket, the ball would reverse and their pace trio would run through the Indian batting line-up that was a bit nervous due to several reasons.

The home team was also banking on Danish Kaneria to pick up a few wickets on a pitch that would deteriorate because he is a big turner of the ball and has plenty of varieties that he uses intelligently. That game plan backfired simply because Virender Sehwag and Rahul Dravid played a marvellous innings.

It was a very risky game plan. For a minute, lets assume India had won the toss and set Pakistan a 480-run target to avoid the follow-on. Would Pakistan have batted as well as the Indians did?

Your guess is as good as mine!...

Chappell, to me, still appears uncomfortable with the presence of Ganguly and the animated discussion he had before the start of the match with the former captain in the presence of Dravid, says it all.

To add to the controversy, he was quoted as saying in his press conference after the first day's play that he had not yet decided about the batting order. That's hilarious! He has finalised the playing line-up and he does not know who will bat where even after the first day?

In Second inning Pakistan started very well they were 152-1 at end of fourth day, so this match will going to end in draw...
            That it for now...

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-24-2006, 05:48 PM.

Comment

January 25 2006 8:39 Pm (India)
              Fifth Day of second test between India and Pakistane Faisalabad

Match ended in Draw.

Man of the Match was RP Singh but my man of the match was Dhoni who saved match for india...

RP singh is young talented this man of the match will motivate him... but in this match Dhoni was the key factor..

On Last day Pakistan Younis khan and Yousuf played good knock

But i think today india was not playing seriously .... because all player were knowing that match is going to be draw

Pakistan in second inning scored 490-8 declared
              India 21-0 in second inning...

Zahir khan got 4 wicket in fun that will boost him for rest of series....

Harbhajan was not able to pick any wicket in this test match...but that never means he don't know how to bowl, fact is that wicket don't have enough for him, I think he will be droped for third test... but without seeing the wicket and condition in Karanchi this decission should not be taken...

In This match Award for best catch was given to Yuvraj.

In First Test Award for best catch was given to Ganguly.

Younis khan again proved his metal by scoring 196, he is to good for indians.

Yousuf scored 123 got run out by good fielding by Gautam gambhir...

Rahul Dravid doesn't need to put on his pads when he comes out to bat. That is what the Pakistan camp feels. "He is so straight and negotiates almost every delivery with his bat. Why does he need pads at all?" asked an admiring Danish Kaneria, shaking his head in frustration...

Laxam & Dravid were opener for india in second inning .... and laxam was not able to handle afridi's pace attack.. afridi was good to show him that he can bowl bouncer .. laxam got a blow on his helmet by afridi's bouncer....

This is Friendship series between india and pakistan

So wicket are also friendly ...

I hope in last test match ganguly will play .... but i don't know who will be out ...

The thing which i will remember from this match will be contest between Dhoni and Shohib Akhtar & dhoni 144 run.

If Shohib Malik and Inzzy will not play in karachi test for pakistan than india has good chance to win that test match ....

That's it for now....

From Cricket lover Sunilkumar
              Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-26-2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Well done Pathan and Kamran Akmal.
                Very sad After watching the worst display of batting by Indian top order
                I think Shewag would have opened the innings and Rahul should be brought at 1st down.

What are your views and comments Sunilkumar?
                Last edited by sunil; 01-30-2006, 06:38 PM.
                Link Building Resources

Comment

January 30 2006 4:20Pm (India)
                  Second day of third test between India and Pakistane Karachi

On first day Irfan Pathan's feat of claiming a hat-trick in the first over of a match is unparalleled in Test chronicles. The previous record of the 'earliest' hat-trick in a Test was held by Sri Lanka's Nuwan Zoysa, who claimed a hat-trick in the second over of the Test match against Zimbabwe at Harare in 1999-00.
                  However, Zoysa's hat-trick is unique in the way that it came off first three balls he sent down in the match.
                  A total of 36 hat-tricks have now been made by 33 players-with Australia's Hugh Trumble, Thomas Matthews and Pakistan's Wasim Akram doing it on two occasions. For India, it was the second hat-trick after Harbhajan Singh's heroics against Australia at Kolkata in 2000-01.

Pakistan at one stage were 39-6 after that akmal and Razaaq played a memorable knock. This knock can be considered as wining knock or match saving knock… yea I am saying Match saving knock because when all top order & middle order batsman are out , & when score of team is 39-6 than that team generally get out under 125.. but in this match because of bad captainship by dravid .. Pakistan was able to score 245 … yea I don’t want to take any credit by akmal for his fabulous inning… But Dravid gave bowling to kumble when fast bowlers were taking wicket & this gave Pakistani chance to post their total up to 245.
                  A Razzaq 45
                  K Akmal 113
                  S Akhtar 45

Irfan Pathan top wicket taker for india in this inning... 5 wicket

If Greg Chappell has to pick the playing eleven for the Karachi Test, Sourav Ganguly may not have been in the team. He wanted ajit agarkar in place of ganguly. But truth is Ganguly saved India in this match… the way he batted on second day for his 34 was good enough to save India. Other wise all so call technically correct player were out. Ganguly came to bat when score was 56-4 and with yuvraj he made good partnership of 81 run note:- In low scoring match 81 run make sense. If Pakistan would have been all out within 150 in first inning than defiantly India could had a better chance but now match is evenly poised… when Pakistan was 39-6 at that time India missed the chance.

The way ganguly batted against shohib and asif on green wicket has wash the allegation of raj singh dungarpur against him ...that he is afraid of fast bowling but the fact is, laxman tendulkar sehwag seems more frustrated against shohib. Now I can say just because of politics only ganguly has to suffer other wise those who really know cricket can see how ganguly scored 34 …in his 34 run he was not beaten by single ball by Akhtar or Asif and that on green trak. It was his hard luck that he got out on ball which was not good.

Tendulkar was hit on his helmet by shohib and at last he got bowled by Razaaq. Tendulkar has to concentrate while he is batting and same with ganguly they play some fine shots but somewere their concentration are been distracted.

Laxman was hit on his helmet in second test by Afridi who is not even a fast bowler and in third test he was clean bowled by asif by a beautiful inswinger.

On green wicket Sehwag should open the inning with some other opener.

On second day in morning battle, between Shoaib Akhtar and the two not-out batsmen ganguly and Yuvraj, proved to be a no-contest -- Two bouncers went flying over the keeper; others were avoided with seeming ease.
                  Ganguly 34
                  Yuvraj Singh 45
                  I Pathan 40

Indian first inning ended at 238 thanks to pathan once again who scored 40 at down the order.

I believe Pathan is much more similar to Wasim Akram other than his pace and action wasim was quick in his action and had more pace but both have same type of swing. Pathan is better than akram in batting. So pathan can be more or less good all rounder but wasim akram was bowler, who with the passage of time learned how to bat but he was not an all rounder.

Asif the top wicket taker from Pakistan side in this inning.. he took 4 wicket.

I would have preferred sourav to play one-day match but he is not included in ODI series.

=============
                  Edited At 5:09 pm
                  =============
                  Pakistan got good start in their second inning, opener provided them start of 100 run partnership and the Indian man sourav ganguly was responsible to break this partnership, he got salman butt LBW. so it is confirmed that... indian selector did foolish act by not including ganguly in ODI ..

Pathan also took one wicket...

End of day 2 Pak lead by 180 runs in second inning Pakistan score is 173-2(39)
                  S Ganguly 6-over 0-maiden 22-runs 1-wicket
                  Irfan Pathan 10-over 1-maiden 39-run 1-wicket

thats it for now ...

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-30-2006, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Well any prediction on the match result this time from any one of you here?

I think now any miracle can make our champs win
                    ?
                    Link Building Resources

Comment

January 31 2006 4:41Pm (India)
                      Third day of third test between India and Pakistane Karachi

Day 3 Pakistan 419-5

After good start, once again in series younis and yousuf played good knock All the top 6 batsman of Pakistan scored half century for them… India don’t have to regrets at this stage now.. Wicket seems to be batting wicket. India has good batting line up even Pakistan bowler asif said that this wickect seems to be batting wicket now… so from this we can get an idea.

I can say India can save this match and if India wants to win this match then India has to bat sensible in their second inning but if Pakistan set more than 500 run for India then India can only save this match …., now dravid sehwag tendulkar laxman yuvraj dhoni has to prove their metal well ganguly will play for his survival …, already in this match ganguly and pathan had done something, so in every inning u cannot expect them only to perform… one big mistake dravid did in first inning was not giving bowling to ganguly on seaming wicket when kamran akmal was batting with razaaq, other wise things would have been different.

Chapple said he missed right hand medium pacer , well he had 3 left hander any one can bowl round the wicket … I will prefer zahir to bowl round the wicket … its just matter of angle… so such excuse should not be given. BCCI can fool to those who don’t know circket.. but not to me….

Now going on the Great Indian Cricket Circus!

Ring Master is Greg Chappell!!
                      Manager of Cirus Raj singh Dungarpur…
                      The owner of the circus is Sharad Pawar!!!
                      And the main attractation to all is .....
                      The joker, Kiran More!

When question was..Asked to Mr. Pawar whether Ganguly's past performances are being ignored by the selection committee?
                      ==>he replied, "Even cricketing legend Sunil Gavaskar had to retire. There are ups and downs in everybody's life."

It is better for Mr. Pawar not to do such comparisons between Gavaskar and Ganguly the two similarity between Gavaskar and Ganguly is first in their surname Both Starts with ‘G” and second both were captain of Indian team but ganguly was good captain compare to Gavaskar.

As a Batsman Gavaskar was technically very sound.

What Mr. Pawar will say about Tendulkar’s failures in past 10-11 ODIS.
                      Indian don’t have any other opener in this test …Why tendulkar is not opening the inning in test match, tendulkar have more experience than any other player he always play at opening position in one-dayer why not in test match… ? is he scared of bouncer of Shohib or swing of ball at early stage of game?.

I can say tendulkar is now not good enough to play at 2 down. Dravid should be at 2 down tendulkar must open the inning and laxman should be one down. If tendulkar will open the inning he will get chance to bat through out the inning…

The circus will continue till 2007 provided force majeure clause!!

==================
                      Edited at 6:12 pm(India)
                      ==================
                      Pakistan second inning Total: 511-5 (127) | Curr. RR: 4.02 at end of day three.
                      Faisal Iqbal not out 103

That's it for now ...

Last edited by sunilkumar; 01-31-2006, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Feburary 1 2006 5:50 Pm (India)
                        Fourth day of third test between India and Pakistane Karachi

Pak won by 341 runs
                        Man of the match: K Akmal
                        Man of the series: Younis Khan

This was the second biggest defeat by any team in history of cricket.

Early in the morning Pakistan declared their inning at 599-7 and set 607 run for India to chase which was very difficult.

Frankly speaking wicket was good enough for batting but once again Indian top order failed to contribute..

In first over of second inning rahul dravid the wall of india got out.
                        In second over Sehwag was clean bowled by Asif by beautiful inswinger
                        Third to go was Laxman he was also bowled by Asif by beautiful inswinger.
                        Fourth was Tendulkar he was also bowled by Asif ...

After that some resistance was provided by indian batsman .... but that was not enough to save match.

Yuvraj singh 122 was in vain.

It is the same wicket were Indian were not able to take all wicket of Pakistan. On other side Pakistan was able to take all wicket of India within 58 over they bowled.

Indian batting was very poor... all top order failed ... and it started to fall from 1st over of their second inning...

Hopefully I will not be in India when Indian team will arrive from Pakistan to India other wise I would have treated them by tomato and rotten egg.. ..

I don’t know why Indian manager & coach gives such statement that shohib action has some problem ... they were not able to see such problem in first two test match..

It was very humiliating defeat ... every member of team has to think about this...

Indian batsman were all exposed by fast bowling....

Regarding Ganguly he was already in pressure and the way he was playing was good ... it was his hard luck that he was not able convert his 37 into big hundred. Technically i think he played very nice, the only problem with ganguly is that now he becomes more conscious when he is near 35 so he gets out & this happen because he wants to prove himself by scoring 50 & 100.

As far his bowling he took one wicket that of opener when India was struggling to get wicket in second inning of Pakistan..

Now India has to think very seriously on tendulkar, he must now open the inning in test as well as ODI... in this match only he was on crise on second over of indian second inning. It’s useless for him to come at 2 down now other player should take responsibility as middle order batsman.

Sehwag is player on which India can’t rely, he must be more sensible when it comes to test match, I don’t want him to change his game but he should take some serious measure regarding his weakness and footwork.

Asif was the key for Pakistan win in this match and Akmal played brilliant knock in first inning all credit goes to them. Over all performance of Pakistan was too good in this test match. After winning this test match I think Pakistan have upper hand in coming ODI. Series.

Captain ship of Dravid was bad in this test match, & this has lot to do with this defeat I will request all team management to stop pampering tendulkar. His record has least importance when India is losing. I am not against tendulkar I will like to see him scoring big run he should open inning for India in test as well as in ODI… that’s it.

Every now and then shuffling batsman batting order at different position in test match is not advisable all are not rahul dravid ==>chapple should understand this.

Dhoin has to think lot for this ODI series. The way he was out was his weakness.

I will like to give credit to Pakistani batsman rather than bowler who sets 607 target for India that has lot to do with their win.

That’s it for now…

Last edited by sunilkumar; 02-01-2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Damn it India lost. That's a very bad news. Hope we do good in ODI's.

Comment

Very impressive of Pakistan....341 runs difference is HUGEEEE.
                            Last edited by megrisoft; 02-03-2006, 09:44 AM.
                            Latest resources online

Comment

Anyone in this forum wana bet, India will loose the One Day sereies too.
                              anyone interested in betting pls PM me...
                              Link Building Resources

Comment

ODI is totally different ball game.. After winning test series Pakistani are psychologically ahead of India.. But seeing Indian recent past record I can say India can come back very strongly in this ODI series...

Tendulkar has to play key role because he always come to bat at key position if he fail then India is in trouble, so if he is batting at key position than he has to perform.

I don’t like the words of Kapil dev on tendulkar ==> he said tendulkar must enjoy his game for two year more he had done lot to nation… well I want to say tendulkar is not playing cricket to enjoy himself, he is representing India, what ever he did doesn’t make any sense for me, I only wants to see India’s Win… I am least bothered about tendulkar personal record... And If we follow Kapil dev than Ganguly, kumble, laxman etc. can also enjoy their game for some year they has also done lot to nation…I don’t like different standard for different Player…

One thing more I want to say, In this series Ganguly was more physically fit. I can see he had lost some weight.

I am sensible and without seeing game, wicket etc. I don’t want to predict result of ODI series…

Its me Sensible Sunilkumar
                                Last edited by sunilkumar; 02-03-2006, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X