Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Universe 2006

Miss Puerto Rico wins Miss Universe Crown 2006

Judges announced Miss Puerto Rico, Zuleika Rivera, as the pageant winner.
    Rivera, 18, burst into tears and then fainted during a news conference after being crowned. She was rushed off stage. Contest officials said shortly afterwards she had passed out.

The 55th Miss Universe contest was held at the fabled Shrine Auditorium near downtown Los Angeles. It was the fifth time the crown has gone to a woman from Puerto Rico, a US island territory in the Caribbean.
    The event, run by real-estate mogul Donald Trump's organisation, now attracts most interest in Latin America and Asia although it is broadcast to an estimated 600 million people in 170 countries.
    Rivera answered her final question, in Spanish, about how she viewed success: "That special satisfaction when a person gives what they can without worrying about the obstacles in the way."

Rivera is 175 centimetres tall, and was chosen from among the final five candidates, which included Switzerland, Japan, Paraguay and the United States, to wear the $US250,000 ($333,000) crown. Canadian Natalie Glebova, Miss Universe 2005, was on hand to place the crown on Rivera's head.

Yeah I heard of that. Miss Puerto Rico won the miss universe thing. I congratulate her and wish her best of luck in future.

Who went for India this time?

Comment

Neha Kapoor, Representing India in Miss Universe contest, stood at 17th position.

Comment

Originally posted by Tameea
        Neha Kapoor, Representing India in Miss Universe contest, stood at 17th position.
        I'm still wondering how did she make it so far???Not the biggest fan of her's .

Comment

I know eh!! Neha Kapoor doesn't look that good either. When is the Miss World contest.

Comment

Ya

I agree with the india1989.

She is not that much Beautiful to represent india.

she is not a good looking as Compare to ash and susmita

Comment

Yup that's true. Hopefully India has a better candidate for Miss Universe contest next year.

And i wonder why doesn't India win anything in the best national costume. Holy man. What the hell do they wear over there. We have never won the best national costume. Seriously. There's something wrong.

This time japan won the best national costume and i thought that it was lame. some dress with freaking samurai sword. God, make some right decisions. holy.

Comment

Working...
              X