Hello and Namaste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Namaste

my name is Tammy Singh, you all may be wondering how did I get my last name Singh..My husband is Indian,and proud to be,I like to say that I'm Indian also..my monu ji, has tought me so much about the Indian Culture,such as Indian Cooking, going to temples, etc.. I'm a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan I have almost all of his movies. Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham = Some-
    times happy and sometimes sad..is my all time #1 movie. with subtitles of course.my husband and I have a beautiful Daughter Riya. My husband is planning on taking Riya & me to India in October..I am so looking forward to meeting mammi ji, punnu and sonu Diddi ji, I can speak a little punjabi and still learning.I hope to make some dosts here. thats all for now and ssa ji to you all.

Hey welcome to this forum. I am Soumo and from India too. Hope you have lots of fun with us here. It was nice to meet you.

My interest in India is its diversity. that's the main interest i have and want to learn more.

in movies Hrithik roshan is my all time favourite. I don't hate any actors. SRK is good too.

Wish you a very good trip to India. Hope you guys have fun over there.

Comment

welcome to this forum. it is great here. lots of people to interact with. one can update him/herself and at the same time have lots of fun. and how come you are not very good at punjabi?
      miqsh
      EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING

Comment

maybe because she wasn't born in India or never been to India. I think so.

Comment

Hello ji, I have leaned what my husband has tought me as yet.
          I have a book to teach me Hindi.
          where are you from?
          blessings to you and to your family.
          Tammy Singh.

Comment

I wish you best of luck in your efforts in learning Hindi. By the way no need to worry, in India most of the people knows how to speak English.

Comment

oh! i am from southern india. yeah hope you learn hindi better. it must be a little hard for new learners because i found it hard to learn too.
              miqsh

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                maybe because she wasn't born in India or never been to India. I think so.
                Hangi ji, I was born in America..However, just like the wonderful movie with Shah Rukh Khan - pardes I LOVE MY INDIA!! I can't wait to go all we need is our Indian Visa for our Daughter and myself, as for monu ji ( my husband) already has one.

Comment

i found that most of the indians i have met felt that there was a bond midst them. it is sad. but it is understandable, as there is a south indian saying which means poor people want their situation like that of the rich people whereas the rich want their lives to be peaceful like the poor. i hope u get what i am trying to say.
                  miqsh

Comment

Hello singh ji
                    Welcome to our forum
                    Hope u will feel familier with this forum
                    here all members are indian by heart..
                    "PHIR BHI DIL HE HINDUSTANI"
                    ved
                    Software Engineer
                    Mumbai

Comment

That's right vedu.

Comment

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcomes!!
                        I have some punjabi suites, bindys, (I'm sorry if I miss-spelled anything)Living here in America people are very judge mental the judge you how you look, how much money you have, I guess everyone says that the money is much better here in America..I think you need Respect first and formost, and the Blessings for your loved ones.. One time when I was working in New York City..Burlington coat Factory, (It's a Dept. Store) I used to wear my Indian Suites all the time, noone ever said anything,perhaps the reason was I lived where there was alot of Wonderful Indian people, I made so many friends there.,When My Husband and I moved Upstate New York people would look at me like I was a freak. I really miss living next to our friends, & being able to going to the Indian Stores. food was so cheap there,Jackson Heights was the best place to go shopping, we call it Little India.
                        I have to go now, I just really wanted to thank you all for your time to leave me some messages. ssa ji to you all.!! Tammy.
                        Last edited by tammysingh12065; 05-08-2006, 01:03 AM.

Comment

So i wish you best of luck. Sure do post again. We will be waiting for you to come back.

and by the way are you going to India now?

Comment

Hello ji, No we're not going to India as of yet..I still need to get my Indian Visia's for my daughter and for myself. we hope to go in October,my husband says it will be cooler than..I hope we wont get sick though.. Once you have rotti and water (poni) It will be hard flying for 18 hrs.
                            bye for now..your morning time is comming now. almost time for sleep here.
                            blessings to you and to your family.

Tammy.

Comment

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!! All the best!!

Comment

Working...
                              X