Why are Indians so hostile to China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Indians so hostile to China?

I'm Chinese and this is my first post here. I've been pretty shocked lately by some of the Indians on the internet. I heard that China's president Hu Jintao was visiting India this week, so I went to a couple of popular Indian news websites (Rediff.com; ibnlive.com) to gauge the common Indian attitude toward China and the Chinese people. Frankly, it's difficult for me as a Chinese to understand the venomous hostility that these comments possess. I can guarantee that the Chinese have no such reciprocal feelings to the Indians, and that is especially why I am stung by these attacks.

Out of 100 comments, only 1 or 2 were friendly to China and the Chinese, and I think they were Chinese too. Indians should realize that English is an international language and there are 200 million internet users in China, many of whom can read English (though not speak).

Here's a sample of the nearly unanimous comments Indian posters wrote on Rediff's message boards (http://mboard.rediff.com/board/board...china&page=1):

kailash: "china is old devil.once again indian emotions will get kicked."

K: "The Chinese are the most selfish and racist people ever. They are greedy and have a massive superiority complex. They also believe in having a better culture and tradition and pretty much claim everything as their invention. They are a race who have perfected Reverse Engineering. Thats the only credit I give the Parasites, Trust never."

infidel: "The Chinese as a people and as a nation have a reputation of being cunning and back-stabbing. No nation trusts China completely and we will be the biggest fools if we do even after being on the wrong side of their gun for so many years."

VSingh: "The chinese are not to be trusted ever and that should be firmly engrained in the minds of every indian."

prakash: "i can say we should not believe / trust china. They are very self centered and do and change their words once their work is over. they change their stand acording to their requirments and change words what they have commited or communicate earlier. "

Atul Sabnis: "Chineses are Expert Back Stabbers, we have experienced this once & to face the same again would be too foolish for us. "

Sumedh: "We can't trust China. Chinese are communists and communists are greedy for land. "

Vishnu Sharma: "There will be NO compromise with these "Untermenschen" "Chinese Subhumans""

Swapan: "Trusting China is like trusting a Hyena. A hyena tirelessly looks out for the lethal strike, so does China - even when they do not deserve"

Lily Lin: "I am a chinese girl, i am so surprise that you indian hate chinese so much. In most of chinese mind, india is a beautiful and friendly country, although there was a war between our two country. there are many indian students is studying in my university, and we chinese people always be friendly to them , do our best to help them. "

Hari: "the only thing straight about the chinese is their hair"

GR: "They are the cunniest people on earth. they will do anything to have a gain,.... human rights, moral value, ethics are not in their books."
    Last edited by Jonathan; 11-19-2006, 12:53 PM.

I hope the above comments do not accurately reflect the general mindset of Indians toward China and the Chinese. We Chinese tend to view India as the land of Ghandi and humbleness. Instead, the comments above reflect racism, paranoia and abject disrespect.

Comment

I dont think jonathan s a chinese name.

Still i will inform u that some people here masked as chinese posted lots of anti india slogans and provoked people to write against china.

I think China is one neighbour that is closest to us.

Comment

Originally posted by rohit khaitan
        Still i will inform u that some people here masked as chinese posted lots of anti india slogans and provoked people to write against china.
        That's simply not true at all. You know it's not true. Most Chinese could not even recognize the Indian flag, they have very little negative or positive passion towards India. All "anti-India" statements stem first from misinformed anti-China statements or from exaggerated claims of India surpassing China. An evidence-based rebuttal against anti-China statements should not be considered as "anti-India."

I've been reading the posts on several Indians forums and discussion boards. Clearly it is the Indians who have been provoking the Chinese through racist, disrespectful and ignorant comments such as those quoted in the topic post. As in the Rediff news discussion board, for every 1 pro-Chinese post there is 100 anti-Chinese posts, and the pro-Chinese posts are usually well-reasoned and factually informed. The Chinese posters on this board typically post economic statistics and news sources, which are independently verifiable. Whereas many anti-Chinese Indians across many Indian boards use racial and anti-Communist attacks against the Chinese.

Originally posted by rohit khaitan
        I dont think jonathan s a chinese name.
        You should know that every young Chinese person has a casual English first name. Chinese culture traditionally allows multiple style names across a person's life. Sun Yatsen's self-chosen Japanese name was Nakayama Sho. This is a normal thing for Chinese people.

Comment

You dont know what ur talking.

Your post was not at all relevant to what i said. I said that most people here post anti india india slogans are not chinese.

And you say thats not true. (do u mean to say they all r chinese??) No chinese in sane mind would say that.

Comment

Those Indians became angry because Chinese ambassador to India had spoilt the atmosphere before Chinese President Hu Jintao's arrival by laying claims on the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. Plus many posters claiming to be Chinese have been posting rude things about India on the internet. Seems these Indian posters have also read them .
            Last edited by observer; 11-23-2006, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Arunachal Pradesh is chinese soil. the native people there are all tibetan like people.

If india do not return it to china, hehe, china has many cards to play with india, we are not hurry. hehe. india can wait to suffer. because on this earth, china actually don't need india, we can just apply continuous millitary pressure on indian north border, that would give a heavy burden to india's development, while cost nothing to china, hehe, we don't have anything treasure in tibet. while new dehli is just seveal hundreds km from the border. think about it, hehe.

you finally would realise that occupying chinese soil is very costive. hehe.

Comment

{snower: " he he" "he he" "he he".} So the chinese govt discussed all its cards with u? Your president must have invited u that come mr. snower lets discuss the strategies on india. {"he he" he he"}

Were u born upside down from ur mothers womb?? Or did u father eat a mad chicken and then gave birth to u??

Comment

I am a Chinese and am new to this board. I'd like to apologize to all the Indians on this board for the rude things said by people like "snower". Some people just want to stir up more hatred between our two countries. They pose as Chinese, in fact they could be spies for any other country. I would strongly advice all the posters here ignore them. This is an Indian board, we Chinese here should listen and learn, only comment on things concerning China. Politeness is regarded as a virtue by Confucious, a Chinese sage. Anyone who does not show basic courtesy towards his neighbor while visiting the neighbor's house is not a true Chinese.

Comment

I am a Chinese and am new to this board. I'd like to apologize to all the Indians on this board for the rude things said by people like "snower". Some people just want to stir up more hatred between our two countries. They pose as Chinese, in fact they could be spies for any other country. I would strongly advice all the posters here ignore them. This is an Indian board, we Chinese here should listen and learn, only comment on things concerning China. Politeness is regarded as a virtue by Confucious, a Chinese sage. Anyone who does not show basic courtesy towards his neighbor while visiting the neighbor's house is not a true Chinese.

Comment

Foolish snower, by talking of Arunachal Pradesh China has written RIP on the fledgling acceptance of Tibet as China's part in 2004 by India's Prime Minister. Now China will see increase in pressure from India over Tibet. Also it will see increased pressure from not only this West, but North, South and East in the coming years, courtesy India, if China talks in such aggressive ways. China is shooting itself in the feet by spoiling the atmosphere whereas India tried to improve the atmosphere and establish a genuine partnership with China in 2004.
                      Last edited by observer; 11-27-2006, 12:09 AM.

Comment

observer, you know why the chinese embossader Sun made that claim about Arunachal Pradesh right before Hu's visit? this stark claim clearly convey a signal which says: we don't care to spoil the atmosphere and we don't need to make you happy. china had make it clear if india insist to occupy chinese soil, she will make india pay something for it.

don't forget china has bangladish and pakistan as the ally. india has nothing. china can whenever build a dam upstream in tibet, cut indian water source. china can give weapen to indian northeast rebellers...., china has so many cards, while india has nothing but a weaker army, weaker economy, weaker people.

be realistic. face the fact.

Comment

Listen you donkeyhead, does anyone reveal what hidden cards they've got? For eg. would I as an Indian reveal what strategies India has got against China which are floating around in strategic circles here the way you're doing for China? Either you're a moron who's counting his chickens before they've hatched or you're a troublesome monkey who's come here to create disruptions.

Pesky little bug.
                          Last edited by observer; 11-29-2006, 12:41 AM.

Comment

I heard that chinese are such peace-loving people. Then why do you create hell for the Tibetans? They have been driven off their homes, live as refugees in India? What do you have to say for that?

Comment

Originally posted by snower
                              observer, you know why the chinese embossader Sun made that claim about Arunachal Pradesh right before Hu's visit? this stark claim clearly convey a signal which says: we don't care to spoil the atmosphere and we don't need to make you happy. china had make it clear if india insist to occupy chinese soil, she will make india pay something for it.

don't forget china has bangladish and pakistan as the ally. india has nothing. china can whenever build a dam upstream in tibet, cut indian water source. china can give weapen to indian northeast rebellers...., china has so many cards, while india has nothing but a weaker army, weaker economy, weaker people.

be realistic. face the fact.
                              that if u will survive another outbreak of sars u stupid chinese...ur government will let u die like pigs while claiming ur country is blossoming...
                              I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Working...
                              X