No announcement yet.

Gypsies of Europe & America originate from Punjab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool. NIce to see that you guys have passion for India. Well looks wont matter much. Cause in India there are people looking of almost all the types. Black, brown, white, yellow and stuff.

I appreciate that you guys have maintained the culture well and hopefully soon Indian govt. will know about this. I would be eager to help any of those Indians out there when i am fully capable of. Basically if Indian govt is made aware of these things then in few years you guys will be capable of having a PIO card too.

Let me distinguish between PIO and NRI.

PIO are people of Indian origin who had to go out of India because of some reason before India's independence.

NRI are Indians who has recently migrated from India after 1950. NRI means Non-resident Indians who still retains Indian citizenship.
    It would be nice to have you guys back in India. It will add to the wealth of diversity we have.

Right now we have 2 most qualified ministers. One is our PM and another is our President. If they come to know of these they will surely figure a way out.

This is actually the first time I am hearing about Roma people. I would love to meet one. So are you Roma too Tsigano?

I am Bengali and come from eastern part of India. We look completely different from Roma people or from Punjabis. We are kind of short and dark brown colour. We speak Bengali, one of the 415 distinct languages of India. This is the 3rd highest in the world.

Now i am getting clearer about the Roma people. Its easier to understand now.It was nice talking to you about this.

Yeah if you want to know anything about India then just ask me and anything about your place Punjab then ask here. I am sure that people would be glad to answer your question.
    And if i come up with a question about Romas again i will ask you.

Sahstipeh

Comment

Hi again India1989

Yes I am from Romanichal vitsa of England.

Here are a couple of links showing some Roma

Explore the fact-checked online encyclopedia from Encyclopaedia Britannica with hundreds of thousands of objective articles, biographies, videos, and images from experts.

Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

Nice to see some Romanis. They still have retained all of thier culture and its olden type of people living in Punjab. Now Punjabis are a bit different but you guys have maintained the culture. That's great.

Comment

Hi India1989

I have Indian friends in the UK that are fearful to go to Eastern Europe due to the rasism that goes on there. Places like Prague and similar big cities are open to alot of western tourism which is making an major impact but even then there have been individual cases where hostile encounters have been met. Not nessessarily serious cases but then the local authorities will take action if a tourist is involved in an inccident. I'm sure the locals are aware of this.

Imagine what some of the Roma that live there go through. England is very multi-cultural now and has a low tolerance to discrimination. Some of these Eastern European countries have little in the way of ethnics other than the Roma who have been there for hundreds of years and have suffered at the hands horrific descrimination.

Often it is the police and authorities that commit some of the worst crimes.
          Imagine a team of policemen beating you to near death in front of your family all because of your ethnic identity.
          Back in the olden days of Europe then the death sentance was common by knights or soldiers etc.

My heart goes out to them.

Luckily times are slowly changing due to advancement in travel, communication technology and social awareness.
          Upreh Sahreh Tchahtcheh Romahni Prahla ta Phenya!! Rise all true Rommany Brothers and sisters Dev'lesa God be with you

Comment

I am really sorry to hear about this. Racism is one thing which is very unacceptable in today's society. Hopefully the situation is better now over there. I wished that Roma could come back to their country India. They would be treated equally or get more advantage. Police always commit really bad crimes. They also sometimes encourage racism. that is really bad. Romas have gone through really tough situation. My condolences towards them. I am happy that they are more happy now. Hopefully their condition improve more.

Comment

Here is a music video by some Roma of Europe. They were the first real wave of Indian people into Europe and they come from the Punjab region of India and have been in Europe for hundreds of years. They have maitained their darker features because it is a crime within Romani culture to marry a 'Gahjeh' (non-Romani). Romani class non-Romani as dirty / unclean people (A system of belief that originates from Vedic scripture).

videoclip pentru mahala rai banda, filmat la clejani - videoclip for mahala rai banda shot in clejani, romania.

Mahala means 'quarter' and is often now used to mean 'living quarters'.
              Rai means 'king / lord' like the Indian surname meaning the same. (the female equiverlant to Rai is 'Rahni')
              Banda obviously means 'band / bands'.

The Roma ahndo (in) this video are obviously Catholic or some kind of Orthodox church.

Comment

Forgive the jazz.
                Some of those people in the video are probually hard as nails. Bare knuckle boxing and fighting are all part of the Romani culture.
                Boys are often taught to fight from a young age by their elders. Woman are not expected or supposed to fight, though I've seen some that can, .

Comment

nice video guy. i wish they come back to India.

Comment

Wow, this is VERY fascinating!
                    Can you tell me about the dispersal of the Roma in Europe..
                    what countries they have populations in and such?
                    Were there any populations living in Portugal aroung the turn of the century (1900?)
                    I am an American trying to trace a portion of my family tree and am running into to dead ends with the information that was left by the ones who came over.
                    Thanks!
                    ~a~

Comment

Originally posted by India1989
                      nice video guy. i wish they come back to India.
                      Wo wo wo..be careful...Roma are not the same as Indians. and trust me they do some things in east europe that you don't want in India. For eg., in bucharest( Romania), gypsies are the worst criminals. They still believe in kings and emperors. In fact they have a 500 pound idiot who calls himself the emperor and I saw him on TV screaming with a sword in his hand, shouting like a hooligan. The gypsies in bucharest make lewd remarks to girls, sometimes molest them and are the worst thieves on public transportations.

Off course not all of them are like this but the majority yes. All the western countries like France and Germany pay them money to go back to romania or Bulgaria and to leave them in peace. They are a nuisence wherever they go.

Comment

Roma in Eastern Europe such as Romania have suffered some of the worst persecution for hundreds of years.
                        The truth is that the general people of Eastern European countries especially the Balkan countries (and also Turkey, not forgetting most arabian influenced countries) have a tendency to be very forward coming towards girls. To slander the Roma is incorrect. Infact the truth on the Romani code of living is that they should not be allowed to act in such a manner.
                        In England there is a present critical problem with immigrants coming from such countries doing exactly the conduct what is mentioned in your post. None of these are Roma but are from Balkan countries.
                        Similar problems have been committed by the many new Iraqis, Lebanese and Afghans to name a few.
                        They all especially target blonde haired women. They are sick and in my opinion should really be castrated.
                        It is happening all the time. They are scum. I have to live with the problem. It is in the papers all the time, they cause trouble in the shopping centres and nightclubs etc. They all get money from the British government, yet they don't work only illegally making money out of crime.
                        NONE of these are Roma, but are mostly from Balkan countries or middle eatern countries.
                        There are also many Polish / Poles and Lithuanians coming into the country yet they all work and cause little trouble. I have to give them the full respect they deserve. The only problem with these is that they will work for little money and they take all the jobs causing a problem with employment within the country.

Comment

I still must say this situation is a real problem in the UK

I can actually list first hand examples of situations encountered by people I personally know.
                          It is a real problem. Their attitude towards the western women is sickening to see and whats more is that the local authorities are not dealing with the problem..
                          Last edited by Tsigano; 10-04-2006, 04:42 AM. Reason: rewording

Comment

Many of the trouble makers apparently come from the former Yugoslavia, yet I have also seen Lebanese / Afgahns & Iraqis making the local papers for crimes such as sexual assualt charges.
                            Speaking to the employees of some of the fried chicken shops, they are worked by Afghans. Respects to them for working a proper job, even if it is not well paying.

It is being warned that the next wave of problem will come via Bulgaria & Romania if they come into the EU. Apparently there are some very bad organised crime gangs operating within these countries.

Many of the immigrants that are here now and are presently operating in gangs have had some terrible feuds.

Comment

Some facts about the Roma...

My family as well as many other Roma families own land, housing, and private businesses.

The Romani church personally pays for orphaneges in countries such as Romania.
                              Sonnie Gibbard who is the president of the Gypsy council personally payed for a village in Romania to have clean running water. Not just for the Roma there but also the Gaje (non-Roma).
                              When Sonnie came back to the town a year or so later, he was discusted to discover the the Romanian Gaje had turned the clean water off for the Romani side of town. Sonnie had the problem corrected and upon arrival back in the UK, personally went to the Romanian embassy and insisted that the water supply is guarded by the Romanian authorities. Notice this is an example of Roma personally helping not just their own but also the Gaje community around them. Notice how they are paid. Eastern Europe is still very much full of people with very racist attitudes.

**Taken off a Christian Website referring to Sonnies efforts (Sonnie is also an active Christian in his beliefs)**
                              "In 1998/99 a major Water Project was undertaken in the village of Chirileu and its successful conclusion was reported on local television. Subsequently the Romanian government pinpointed 40 other villages to be supplied with piped water."
                              Apparently some Christian friends of Sonnie's also helped to contribute personal funds towards the project.
                              Last edited by Tsigano; 10-04-2006, 05:09 AM. Reason: wrote Sonnie's name wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Tsigano
                                Some facts about the Roma...

My family as well as many other Roma families own land, housing, and private businesses.

The Romani church personally pays for orphaneges in countries such as Romania.
                                Sonnie Gibbard who is the president of the Gypsy council personally payed for a village in Romania to have clean running water. Not just for the Roma there but also the Gaje (non-Roma).
                                When Sonnie came back to the town a year or so later, he was discusted to discover the the Romanian Gaje had turned the clean water off for the Romani side of town. Sonnie had the problem corrected and upon arrival back in the UK, personally went to the Romanian embassy and insisted that the water supply is guarded by the Romanian authorities. Notice this is an example of Roma personally helping not just their own but also the Gaje community around them. Notice how they are paid. Eastern Europe is still very much full of people with very racist attitudes.

**Taken off a Christian Website referring to Sonnies efforts (Sonnie is also an active Christian in his beliefs)**
                                "In 1998/99 a major Water Project was undertaken in the village of Chirileu and its successful conclusion was reported on local television. Subsequently the Romanian government pinpointed 40 other villages to be supplied with piped water."
                                Apparently some Christian friends of Sonnie's also helped to contribute personal funds towards the project.

h many times have u visit eastern europe? do u knw smthing bt those ppl u talk bt? u call them racist. h many u really met? h many days u lived in a country from east europe? wht u knw bt the communist time nd bt h gypsies are for real there? u have any idea bt h many racist east european are married wit gypsies? or black ppl ,or chinese? u knw smthin bt the religion there? is it chatolic? muslim? orthodoxe?
                                wht u knw bt romania, smthin else tht wht u read on net?

Comment

Working...
                                X