Is Dengue under control???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dengue under control???

Day by day the dengue affected casses are increasing in the North.Recently Prime Ministers two grand sons are admitted in AIIMS.Our Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Anbumani Ramadoss said that the Delhi Government is doing well in containing the situation and his ministry is providing medication and chemicals to all affected states.
    Last edited by Parveen Komal; 10-10-2006, 10:40 AM.

Medical officials say more than 2,700 cases of dengue fever have been reported in India, with at least 40 deaths.

Most of the cases have occurred in Delhi and Kerala, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's two grandsons -- Rohan, 11, and Madhav, 17. Both boys and a son-in-law have been admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.

What is Dengue ?

Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne infectious disease found in most tropical and subtropical areas and is characterized by rash, severe frontal headaches, high fever, joint and muscle pain and often nausea and vomiting and even brain hemorrhages.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

Gutter lines in Delhi are open…

Wiring of electricity are not underground during rainy season animal and people dies coz of shot circuit..

Dengue fever is mosquito-borne infectious disease governments should do some thing about gutter line of Delhi.... I think in near future there are chances of more dangerous disease in Delhi… like plague

Delhi is over crowded with lot of problem
      [1] Electricity
      [2] Water
      [3] Pollution
      [4] Corruption
      [5] Crime Rate is high.
      [6] Traffic
      [7] Accommodation is big problem difficult to buy flat or to get on rent builder are liar.
      [8] Some places are very bad…people do shit on footpath of road… in Noida & Delhi
      [9] In winter to much winter and summer it is to hot.
      [10] Parking Problem.
      Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Well, last nite i read in a newspaper that Manmohan singh's relatives are in hospital due to dengue. May be this is the wake up call for politicians. They surround themselves with all luxuries, living in the most posh areas of Delhi, make a super way for travel by holding traffic and leave people at the mercy of terrorists after surrounding themselves with a wall of security.

May be it's time for mosquito's to give them a wake up call!! How will u escape a epidemic boss!

Comment

Posted In Public Interest... Hope Government of India will also spread awareness of Dengu Fever for people of India

Introduction of Dengu Fever

Dengue fever is a disease caused by infection with a type of virus called Flavivirus. There are four different subtypes of this virus producing varying manifestations of the disease. The disease is spread through the bites of mosquitoes belonging to the Aedes egypti species. The disease is essentially a tropical one and is endemic in large parts of Latin and South America. Of late, its incidence has been on the increase in Asian countries such as India.

Cause and Pathogenesis

Dengue fever is transmitted to humans by the bite of the infected Aedes egypti mosquito. The Aedes mosquito breeds in relatively fresh water, lives close to human habitations and bites during the day. The incubation period between the bite and the onset of symptoms is usually two to seven days. The Aedes mosquito is also responsible for the spread of diseases such as yellow fever and Chikungunya virus fever.

Symptoms and Signs

A large number of infections may be sub-clinical, that is, the patients may not even be aware that they have had the disease. The infection usually manifests itself as fever with severe body pain or myalgia. There may be an associated rash over parts of the body. The body pain is so intense that this disease has been called break-bone fever. Quite often, the disease makes no further progress and the patients recover. However, some patients may develop involvement of either of the two dreaded syndromes in Dengue - bleeding (called DHF or Dengue Hemorraghic Fever) or involvement of the brain with altered consciousness (encephalitis). Fatalities are higher among patients in whom these complications are present. Joint pain is another symptom though there may not be true arthritis. Associated symptoms include severe headache, vomiting, and photophobia. Examination of the patient may reveal few findings such as a rash and pain on palpation of the muscles. These symptoms usually last for a period of two to five days and most patients who do not have complications recover completely.

The risk of complications appears to be greater in children, particularly the risk of bleeding and DHF with its high fatality rate. Some patients may also go into shock, a condition known as Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS). This too carries a higher risk of mortality.

Investigations and Diagnosis

The diagnosis of dengue is based on the clinical presentation, knowledge of the area in which the person lives, and laboratory investigations. Blood tests may show a low white blood cell count, a low platelet count, and elevation of certain enzymes.

The definitive diagnosis is, however, made by isolating the virus in the blood of the individual during the acute phase of the disease or by detecting antibodies to the virus in the blood. Antigen detection is also possible. A rise in the antibody titre is a useful method of diagnosis. Investigations also need to be done to rule out other likely causes of fever such as malaria, and leptospirosis.

Treatment and Prognosis

Treatment is usually supportive and symptomatic. Analgesics, anti-pyretics, and broad-spectrum antibiotics are used during the acute phase to minimise the risk of secondary infection. In cases of bleeding, blood transfusions are required. Shock, if present, needs to be aggressively treated with fluids, oxygen, and close monitoring. Most patients will recover without any sequel. The overall mortality rate with effective treatment is close to 1% but this may be higher in children.

Prevention

Control and elimination of mosquito population is the best method of prevention. A vaccine is in the late stages of development but is still not available for commercial use on a large scale. Control of the mosquito population reduces the incidence of dengue, yellow fever, and certain other rare fevers that are also transmitted by the same species of mosquito.

Source

Dr. V.Ramasubramaniam MBBS, MD, MRCP.
          [Dr.V.Ramasubramaniam is an Assistant Professor of Medicine and heads the Division of Infectious Diseases at the Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute]
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Dear All

Like to share this interesting discovery I don't know is it true or false but i got in my E-mail from a friend's

The mail was send to my friend by son of his friend who has just recovered from dengue fever. Apparently, his son was in the critical stage at the SJMC ICU ( jaipur) when his platelet count dropped to 15 after blood transfusion also.

His father was so worried that he seeked another friend's recommendation and his son was saved. He confessed that he give his son raw juice of the papaya leaves. From a platelet count as low as 45 after blood transfusion, it jumped to 135 after drinking the raw papaya leaf juice. Even the doctors and nurses were surprised. After the second day he was discharged. So he asked to pass this good news around.

Accordingly it is raw papaya leaves 2 pcs just clean and pou nd and squeeze the juice thro cloth filter. You will only get one tablespoon per leaf. So two tablespoons per serving once a day. No need to boil or cook or rinse with hot water, it will lose its strength. Only the leafy part has to be taken, no stem or sap. It is very bitter and you have to swallow it. But it works wonders!!!!

Papaya Juice - Cure for Dengue

You may have heard this elsewhere, but if not, I am glad to inform you that papaya juice is a natural cure for dengue fever. As dengue fever is rampant now, I think it's good to share this with all. A friend of mine had dengue last year. It was a very serious situation for her as her platelet count had dropped to 28,000 after 3 days in hospital and water had started to fill in her lungs. She had difficulty in breathing. She was only 32-years old. Doctor said there's no cure for dengue. We just have to wait for her body immune system to build up resistance against dengue and fight its own battle.

She already had 2 blood transfusions and all of us were praying very hard as her platelet continued to drop since the first day she was admitted.

Fortunately her mother-in-law heard that papaya juice would help to reduce the fever and got some papaya leaves, pounded them and squeezed the juice out for her. The next day, her platelet count started to increase, her fever subsided. She was given papaya juice regularly and she recovered after 3 days!!! Amazing but true.

Papaya juice has a cooling effect thus, it helps to reduce the heat in one's body. I found that its also good when one is having sore throat.

Any ways Papaya Juice don't have any side effect...

Enjoy...!
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Working...
            X