Delhi Metro blue line affected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delhi Metro blue line affected

Thousands of commuters were left stranded on Wednesday evening as a technical snag hit Delhi Metro's Blue Line during the rush hour, causing delay and overcrowding at many stations, officials said.

The Blue Line operates from Dwarka to Noida City Centre/Vaishali terminals. Due to the snapping of an overhead electrical wire near Indraprastha station, no services were available between Yamuna Bank and Barakhamba since 6.40pm," said a statement from the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC).

As a result, three stations between Yamuna Bank and Barakhamba Roada — Indraprastha, Pragati Maidan and Mandi House - were shut down. Train services were available in loops from Dwarka to Barakhamba and Yamuna Bank to Noida/Vaishali. It said normalcy will be restored as soon as the wire is repaired. However, according to many commuters who were stuck, the snag developed around 6pm and resulted in crowds overflowing at many stations.

There was a huge crowd at Rajiv Chowk station. I waited for more than 30 minutes before walking to Pragati Maidan station and waiting there till the services resumed.Heavy traffic in the area due to the IPL match at Ferozeshah Kotla also made commuting by road difficult. "I could not find an auto to go home so I had to wait,". This was the second major snag on the blue line this year.
    I Love this Forum

Comment

Working...
    X