Pind Daan & Its Importance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pind Daan & Its Importance

Pind Daan is the way of Mukti which means free from the Circle of Life and death & rebirth.

Importance of Pind Daan: Pinddan is also known as Pind Daan,Pind Dan, Pind Dan in India, Pind Dan at Gaya, Pind Dan as per Hinduism, Pind Daan in Haridwar, Pind Daan at Badrinath, Pind Daan at Ganga.

It starts on Monday 8 September and lasts a fortnight until Tuesday 23 September

Its is the only religious and spiritual process that helps in bringing peace and contentment to the restless deceased souls,.

Some of the derived benefits from Pind Daan include:
    • Making smooth the obstacles coming in the life of family of diseased
    • Delivering sudden and quick positive changes that can be observed in the life of the family members of the diseased

Though Pind Daan can be performed at any of the banks of Holy River “Ganga” but the religious importance of performing Pind Daan lies at places like -

Gaya
    Varanasi
    Badrinath
    Kashi
    Allahabad Sangam
    Jagannath Puri
    Dwarka
    Avantika
    Mathura
    Ayodhaya
    Siddhpur
    Pushkar
    Kurukshetra

Sonia I was not aware of it we were just offering "Shradh" to our ancestors at our home only can you through a little bit more light on this topic to enlighten our knowledge.
    Web design company

Comment

Pind Daan: In Hindu Dharm its requited to offer Pind Daan after the death of somebody. Its done by dead person son and descendents through Braahman. It is believed that Pind Daan goes to the ancestors.The shraddha involves pinda-daan, which is an offering to the ancestors of pindas (cooked rice and barley flour balls mixed with ghee and black sesame seeds), accompanying the release of water from the hand.

In Hindu Dhram its believed that no work can be successfully without blessings of ancestors and the doing of Pind Daan invokes blessings of the dead ancestors.

Its also known as "Shradh" in some places

Benefit From Pind Daan: Its believed that all obstacles in life are smoothened once you perform Pind Daan ritual for your parents or ancestors.

'Shraaddha: Its all about how we remember our ancestors (pitras). By doing the shraaddha we are fulfilling the wishes of our ancestors. Its usually performed by dead person son and descendents.

'Shraaddha' derives from 'Shraddhaa'. All Hindus perform this during the 16 days, but also do it on the death anniversaries that we definitely know of our recent ancestors (generally father and grandfather if they are dead).

Ancestors' soul becomes satisfied only after receiving pinda and water from their son.

Food: Food that offer to the ancestors are usually cooked in silver or copper vessels and typically placed on a banana leaf or cups made of dried leaves. The food must include Kheer (a type of sweet rice and milk), lapsi (a sweet porridge made of wheat grains), rice, dal (lentils), the vegetable of spring bean (guar) and a yellow gourd (pumpkin)..
      Last edited by Guest; 09-08-2014, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sonia for updating me I will ensure that my family and even I will follow Pind daan in this way to get the blessing of my ancestors.
        Web design company

Comment

Working...
        X