Aryan Invasion Theory Myth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aryan Invasion Theory Myth

The Aryan Invasion Theory was a concept invented by the British that it used to divide and conquer India. It has no proof or records anywhere in India's written record. It promoted a racist view that a superior light skinned European tribe called the Aryans and invaded the inferior dark skinned Dravidians and pushed that to the South. The British could not understand why India had an Indo-European language and then claimed that the culture was imported to them from Britain. This is however not the case and historians and even classical philosophers have confirmed that if anything European language and cultural roots perhaps came from India to Europe and not the other way around.

There is more ethnic variation among castes but as a whole most Indians belong to one race. 97% of all Indians belong to a Mediterranean Caucasoid race. The only real difference between Northern "Aryans" and Southern "Dravidians is language and in some cases skin color (as darker skin always occurs in cultures living close to the equator).

And yet this debunked fiction is still being taught in schools across India and only divides the countries. What can we do to stop the spread of it and introduce better history education in India (on their own history)?

For more information check out these links;

10 years
    0.00%
    20 years
    14.29%
    40 years
    0.00%
    50 years
    14.29%
    70 years
    0.00%
    90 years
    0.00%
    100 years
    0.00%
    150 years
    14.29%
    200 years
    0.00%
    500 years
    57.14%
    Last edited by Silverbackman; 04-13-2006, 01:47 PM.

This poll is biased !!! Why am i not given a chance to vote aganist the statement that its a myth.
    I was taughtt in my university about the aryan invasion theory with enough proofs.Aryans are not related with britain but with central europe.Hitler's emblem was Swastik and he made germany fight world war 2 with the motive of achieving aryan domination across the west.

Indus valley civilization was by indians which was a very urban settlement and relates with other civilizations like egyptian and mesopotomian civilisation.
    Then it decayed and then comes aryan civilisation as a result of aryan migration to india.

Tamil settlements still resemble the harappen town(harappa belongs to indus valley civilisation) structure especially in the drainage system.
    The indus valley civilization is different from Aryan civilasation.
    Indus valley - 2500 BC - 1600 BC
    Vedic period - after 1600 BC .
    The artefacts excavated from these periods have different charecteristics according to the period.eg NBPW,PGW (these terms specify the type of pottery)
    Vedic period comes after Indus valley civilization period.So it is assumed that vedic people came to india after the indus valley civilisation.Vedic settlements were rural while indus valley settlements were urban. The traces on vedic sttlements can be still seen in the villages of bihar and uttar pradesh

The early assyrian civilisation had the habbit of taking their religious idols in procession through streets and dipping them in sea. This culture can be still be traced in india. so,its assumed by historians that the aryans travelled through assyria to their way to india.This also explains the connection between zorosterism and vedic philosophy.

this is what i believe !! my logic has no problem in connecting the pieces. Keep in mind the present day science tells dat the conversion of monkeys to humans took place in african jungles.

Anyways... this ..caste,creed and all that are useless topics,when it comes to the proud feeling of being an INDIAN.
    Last edited by alpha; 04-13-2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Do you know why Hiltler's propagandist view was so powerful that it gave him power over the masses to control and convince all in the attempt of brainwashing the adults and expecially the innocense of the children which he hindered the minds of.

He is a very clever man alpha and universities are just a means of scholorship in the business of academe.

He used a symbol with a positive meaning and flipped it around and waved it to everyone. Thinking to himself "look at this symbol..." all the while talking about war, fighting and being the supreme race. It made an association, so the symbol instead of denoting peace is flipped around and denoted the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha
        This poll is biased !!! Why am i not given a chance to vote aganist the statement that its a myth.
        I was taughtt in my university about the aryan invasion theory with enough proofs.Aryans are not related with britain but with central europe.Hitler's emblem was Swastik and he made germany fight world war 2 with the motive of achieving aryan domination across the west.

Indus valley civilization was by indians which was a very urban settlement and relates with other civilizations like egyptian and mesopotomian civilisation.
        Then it decayed and then comes aryan civilisation as a result of aryan migration to india.

Tamil settlements still resemble the harappen town(harappa belongs to indus valley civilisation) structure especially in the drainage system.
        The indus valley civilization is different from Aryan civilasation.
        Indus valley - 2500 BC - 1600 BC
        Vedic period - after 1600 BC .
        The artefacts excavated from these periods have different charecteristics according to the period.eg NBPW,PGW (these terms specify the type of pottery)
        Vedic period comes after Indus valley civilization period.So it is assumed that vedic people came to india after the indus valley civilisation.Vedic settlements were rural while indus valley settlements were urban. The traces on vedic sttlements can be still seen in the villages of bihar and uttar pradesh

The early assyrian civilisation had the habbit of taking their religious idols in procession through streets and dipping them in sea. This culture can be still be traced in india. so,its assumed by historians that the aryans travelled through assyria to their way to india.This also explains the connection between zorosterism and vedic philosophy.

this is what i believe !! my logic has no problem in connecting the pieces. Keep in mind the present day science tells dat the conversion of monkeys to humans took place in african jungles.

Anyways... this ..caste,creed and all that are useless topics,when it comes to the proud feeling of being an INDIAN.
        Did you not read the articles? Look at the evidence. There is evidence Greeks, Huns, Muslims, ect. all invaded India but there is no proof that a tribe if light skinned invaders pushed a darker skin Dravidian people to the south. There is absolutely no proof for this.

Did you study in an Indian university? If so then I am not surprised that you believe in the theory. It is still be taught by many schools across India without any question at all.

Remember that the Aryan Invasion Theory was created by the British based on extremely sketchy proof. When you find that the Aryan Invasion Theory is fiction then you will realize that India is a lot greater than you think. You realize that it was Indians that gave European their language and not the other way around (and possibly culture). There is no Aryan or Dravidian race. 97% of all Indians belong to a Mediterranean Caucasoid race.

Read the articles carefully and weigh out the evidence.

Comment

There is evidence Greeks, Huns, Muslims, ect. all invaded India....yes they invaded india too... indian history is filled with external invasions
          Its written by savarkar in his book "Glorious epochs of Indian Histoy" that Indian history should be glorified among indians atleast on a propaganda basis.

"Ive heard some even say that first civilisation rose in india and helicopter was invented by indians(they are saying about ravana's pushpaviman) and search and destroy cruise technology was used by india(vishnu's chakra)"
          Last edited by alpha; 04-14-2006, 08:23 AM.

Comment

My point is that while there is evidence that India was invaded by those other civilization, there is little to no proof that an Aryan tribe invaded 3,500 years ago.

The British misjudged a quote in the Rig Veda about when Indra fought off a "dark force" with its "light force". However it is now generally thought this battle refers to a war between good and evil, appearing in all cultures. All civilizations of a struggle story between good (light) and evil (dark). It has nothing to do with race or skin color.

Yes India is likely the birthplace of a lot of the world's culture and technology. Western and Persian civilization was likely started from India as Sanskrit is an Indian language that started in India and not vice versa.

The Persians, Greeks, Romans, ect. languages all most likely came from India, and not the other way around by Aryan tribes. There is more proof for this and little proof that India's culture is foreign.

Comment

What is taught in the west about this?? i would like to know ..and can you give me a link to an international website with credibility??
              Last edited by alpha; 04-14-2006, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha
                What is taught in the west about this?? i would like to know ..and can you give me a link to an international website with credibility??
                The West teaches the Aryan Invasion Theory. I was taught this when I was in junior high school. The theory is only being questioned now and is being debunked by the only few historians that are actually investigating the issue.

The articles I provided where very credible. They itself provide further resources and I suggest you read them. If you want I can give you more articles in a bit.

Comment

I too was taught in canadian college about the aryan invasion theory, that there were aryans and they were barbaric. There are people that even say that most of the hindu deva's were aryans but are hesitatingly unsure of it.

But I'm inclined to believe that the aryan invasion theory is false from the web, paper and literary sources I have read.

Comment

Sites not credible enough

Sorry to say silverblackman, the sites you have posted in support of your dismissing the Aryan Invasion Theory seem to be biased towards a Hindu India centric view and seem to push for Hinduism. More credible sites are welcome.

I believe the Aryan Invasion Theory is just that, a theory, and it may have happened or may have not. We are all still learning about it.

Comment

Who are those so called, Aryan?They are in fact Iranian, Armenian, afghan. What are those people today?Primitifs. Iran is behind india for technology, afghanistan also, Armenians have no real country and they are still under russian influence.By the way, Aryans have no blue eyes or blond hair ,but they do have lighter skin than Indian.Armenian first pre-christian religion probably come from india;Iran alphabet come from india. When Alexander the great came with its Army of macedonian phalangist,they all fall before him.Persians,Armenians, Afghans, none of them could stop the Macedonians, but the Indians did stop him.So those Aryans cannot be superior to Dravidian indians.
                      Last edited by RajivvijaR; 04-29-2006, 08:06 AM.

Comment

what are you saying people. India does have different people. Actually that is the fact. Aryan invasion theory is not false. On what basis are they saying this. What prove they have. Being different won't divide India. Is India divided now. Well we know that we are different for 58 years now. Because of the thinking that being different will divide us makes us more vulnerable.

WE are all different and be proud to be different instead of all being the same. North is Indo-Aryan, South is Dravidian, Northeast is Mongoloid, Ladakh is Orientals, there are Austroloids, and NEgoriods too. and Bracephials. Together they make India.

Comment

It is a theory, should it be believed by the masses it is propaganda. If there are tangible evidence to be seen the theory would be much easier to believe, but the fact is there exists none. A quick view of india would show us a mixture of colors but there are global considerations to account for this such as the places that lie close to the equator, the places that are more sunny as opposed to the the places where there are less sun, the sanity, the health, the toxicity of land etc. Everything that is indian can't be summarized into one aryan invasion theory.

Comment

re:

So those Aryans cannot be superior to Dravidian indians.
                            If there were any Aryans who migrated to India after the age of the Dravidian Indus Valley civilization then those Aryans were very primitive to the Dravidians. They were pastoralists and nomads while the people of the Indus-Valley civilization lived in sophisticated cities which had grid like roads, multi-storied buildings and well-designed drainage systems and had a large middle-class population. The only thing according the Aryan Invasion Theory that the Aryans had going for them was a wild and violent attitude and stronger physical built that made them savagely destroy all that they saw in front of them. We don't call such behaviour civilized today anywhere in the world and people in the Indian subcontinent even 5000 years ago didn't think it was civilized. So they had very sophisticated cities instead of having large armies. They concentrated their energies in construction rather than destruction.

97% of all Indians belong to a Mediterranean Caucasoid race.
                            A mainstream theory actually says the Dravidians have a Southern Mediterranean Caucasoid origin mixed with Negroid and Australoid origins.

Of course very little is known about the Indus Valley civilization, even less than the Vedic civilization because the artefacts found from the Indus Valley Civilization haven't been succesully analyzed and their script hasn't been deciphered yet.

Comment

India is diverse that's it. Anything can be Indian. A black guy could be Indian and an white guy could be Indian. A chinese looking guy could be Indian. If there's snow then that place can also be called India. We are one of the most diverse countries in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X