Arranged Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arranged Marriage

I am an Indian American male whose parents want me to marry a South Indian Brahman girl in part of an "assisted marriage." I have a muslim girlfriend in the states who I love very much. We are no way near the point of marriage at all but my parents still do not approve of the relationship and want me to break it off immediately. I can't bring myself to do this though. Any suggestions on how to deal with the situation? Thanks.

Your problem is not clear to me. You love your Muslim girlfriend that’s ok. At the same time you also know that you can’t break this relationship. So friend in this situation it’s very difficult to suggest you anything. If you can’t break the relation with your girlfriend, let’s continue it and don’t get married with your parent’s choice. But then what about with your parents. In the future if youmarry your girlfriend and if she has to face problem in understanding with your parents, then what you’ll do? Will you be able to stay separately from your parents? Ask yourself. If yes, fine, go for it, If not, listen to your parents and continue your relationship with that Muslim lady as a friend only. Ball is in your court dear!!
    Last edited by kaho india; 06-23-2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

i think you should stay with your girlfriend - it's your life and this isn't the old days anymore. you obviosuly love her - so say with her!
      i moved in with my boyf about a year ago - yes my parents don't talk to me anymore, but i don't regret it at all. i wanna live my life and be independent.
      i think it's time to move on from this arrranged marriage.if people want to do it fine, but it's not for everyone.

good luck to whatever you decide.

Comment

[COLOR=DarkGreen]aaaaaaaaaa shadiiiiiiiiiiiii matlab baaarbaaadi
        chalo point pay aa tay hu. tumharay PARENTS ya kabhi ACCEPT nahi karayn gay ki tum ek muslim ladki say shadi karo. tum ko apnay PARENTS ko sam_jhana hoga ki agar tum kisi dusri ladki say shadi nahi kar saktay. kuke esmay kai jindagi kharab ho jayagi-tumhari, tumhari GIRLFRIEND ki, o south Indian ladki ki aur uskay ghar balo ki. iskay bad bhi agar tumharay PARENTS nahi manay to tum us S.I.ladki kay ghar balo ko yea bat kehdo. RESULT shadi CANCEL.agar abhi bhi tumharay PARENTS nahi amnay to tum apni GIRLFRIEND say shadi kar lo,ERSULT tumko alag ho any koi jarurat nahi, tumharay parents tumko uhi gahr say nikal dengay.PROBLEM SOLVE. LAY KIN YAR KUCH KAM-DHAM KARTO HO YA SHIRF .......JINDAGI KI GADI SIRF PYAR SAY NAHI CHALTI.....BAKI TUM KHUD SAMAJDAR HO.
        Last edited by devdas; 06-26-2006, 03:27 AM.

Comment

take your musilin girlfriend and leave for India
          I love travelling,and getting along with friends from all ove the world,i hope I can get everyones' support here 。

Comment

Shaadi karlay Muslim gal friend say (I mean to say marry your Muslim girl friend) ... Every thing will be cool after few day ... Initially your parent will shout on you, they will blackmail you emotionally.... and many more thing they will do.... but once you are married ... they will not able to do anything other than accepting you...

Yea it may take some time to accept you and your girl friend as daughter in law initially but with the passage of time they will...

what ever your parent says, your girl friend should respect then, by this only she can win your parents love..... I mean to say… she must be smart and diplomat in her behavior with your parent...

she should understand your parent, she should not blame your parent … All parent want their son and daughter to marry in their own caste, religion and community.

Every one doesn’t get true love... very few people are lucky.... Even Lord Krishna was not able to get Radha (his lover)....

Its me Waiting for Love
            Sunilkumar
            Last edited by sunilkumar; 08-22-2006, 12:43 AM.
            "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

no one can forget .....true love.....u even cant...love is sweet thing.....dont even try to forget....just due to...the reason of....caste...and all tht shit....u like tht gal....how it matters..if she is of any caste....gohead and marry her....coz u ll never be able to forget her......

Comment

If boy is not earning, tha its not a good idea to marry him against his parent wish....

Guy should be self dependent only then he should dare to marry against his parent other wise he going to make girls life hell...
                Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Originally posted by tflibs
                  I am an Indian American male whose parents want me to marry a South Indian Brahman girl in part of an "assisted marriage." I have a muslim girlfriend in the states who I love very much. We are no way near the point of marriage at all but my parents still do not approve of the relationship and want me to break it off immediately. I can't bring myself to do this though. Any suggestions on how to deal with the situation? Thanks.
                  just say the same to the girl you are getting married too....

Be sure even i feel in love with a brahman girl.... and still falling. they are really sweet..

Comment

Originally posted by nehaa
                    no one can forget .....true love.....u even cant...love is sweet thing.....dont even try to forget....just due to...the reason of....caste...and all tht shit....u like tht gal....how it matters..if she is of any caste....gohead and marry her....coz u ll never be able to forget her......
                    that is the biggest barrier.... caste.. i hate those things

Comment

Originally posted by Priyanka
                      If boy is not earning, tha its not a good idea to marry him against his parent wish....

Guy should be self dependent only then he should dare to marry against his parent other wise he going to make girls life hell...
                      girl shd not b self dependent? maybe she can work till he ll b able to earn enf. is a marriage, not a busines. so are 2 partners, not a working man nd a made. if parents don want this marriage nd they dont help, those 2 ppl shd bouth fight for wht they want. noone can tell u how to live ur life, not even parents, as long as they are human nd can make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by andrada
                        girl shd not b self dependent? maybe she can work till he ll b able to earn enf. is a marriage, not a busines. so are 2 partners, not a working man nd a made. if parents don want this marriage nd they dont help, those 2 ppl shd bouth fight for wht they want. noone can tell u how to live ur life, not even parents, as long as they are human nd can make mistakes.
                        yes...in today's world both shd work and if one is not able to due to some reason the other shd support him/her till he/she is able to find a job...thats perfectly normal...

marriage is a partnership not a business...i agree with u
                        Last edited by bhachoudhary; 10-06-2006, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Partnership is also done for profit...

When people say profit... its all about business.

It’s good if girl is self dependent...

But boy must be self dependent.... personally I wont prefer guy those who are not self dependent ... you may call it business....

See Man can get respect if they earn.... he must be bread winner of his family....

Those who say’s marriage is not a business are telling lie, even they will marry their daughter to those guy who earn good money....

Business is evolved every were .
                          Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Find a fault with the brahmin girl and tell u r parents that u dont like her. And keep giving one excuse or the other for every girl they try to hook u up with.

That will also give u a time to think if u and u r g/f want to go for a marriage. When u are sure what u want to do next. Go ahead. Till then be a smart ass and keep dilly dallying the whole thing.

If u have a typical indian problem the best way to solve it is think the indian way. Yaar yahan to log bina kuch kiye 5 saal govt chala lete hain. Ek saath 100 crore logon ko ullu bana dete hain. You cant handle just a few people.

Comment

this is no good. Love is free, so you can married with girl that you love

Comment

Working...
                              X