Train from Delhi to Vaishno Devi base camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train from Delhi to Vaishno Devi base camp

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday inaugurated the 25-km train service between Udhampur and Katra, enabling pilgrims to now take a direct train from Delhi to the base camp of Vaishno Devi shrine in Trikuta hills."Today's historic," said Modi. "By the blessings of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi, we succeeded in achieving our aim of connecting the world-famous shrine with the rest of the country. I've come here to Vaishno Devi. I remember I began the election campaign from here, and today we begin our development journey from here," he added.

He suggested the new train be named 'Shreeshakti Express' and described the new line as part of the ambitious Kashmir rail-link project that will connect the Valley with the rest of the country.

"We've to further increase rail links in Kashmir," Modi said. The state has gone through several problems and "we want it to be prosperous and peaceful", he said, adding it was the desire of every Indian to ensure that the state progressed and its youth got employment. "It's our duty and we will do it whether we are in power in the state or not," he said. "I want to give a message to the people here that the journey started by (former PM) Atal Bihari Vajpayee will be taken to its logical conclusion."
Working...
X