India zooms past China in car exports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neo
    thats what ur capable of...copying once some gives u a design. not even 1% of this computer is designed in china.

of course if u understand the difference between design and produced
    Lol, let me educate you something, 95% of the keyboard, mouse, video card and motherboard are designed and manufactured in China mainland and Taiwan.

Second, Chinese "Dragon Chip" is now under trail testing and will be on sale soon. Now please tell me any hardware that India can design, or even just manufacture? If you can't manufacture something, how can you design sth?

With current excellent infrastructure and industry systems, China will be capable to design and produce any high tech products now and in the near future. The Dragon Chip and J-10 fighter are the best examples.

However, we Chinese all knew that an Indian tank failed to meet service requirement tests several months ago, right?
    IMHO, tank is almost the easiest thing to build in military...Lol

Last edited by googleabcd; 01-08-2007, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by googleabcd
      Lol, let me educate you something, 95% of the keyboard, mouse, video card and motherboard are designed and manufactured in China mainland and Taiwan.

Second, Chinese "Dragon Chip" is now under trail testing and will be on sale soon. Now please tell me any hardware that India can design, or even just manufacture? If you can't manufacture something, how can you design sth?

With current excellent infrastructure and industry systems, China will be capable to design and produce any high tech products now and in the near future. The Dragon Chip and J-10 fighter are the best examples.

However, we Chinese all knew that an Indian tank failed to meet service requirement tests several months ago, right?
      IMHO, tank is almost the easiest thing to build in military...Lol

http://www.google.com/search?num=30&...&q=dragon+chip
      again the dragon chip, read the other posts i talked about the dragon chip reviews..basically it sucks...so don't talk much about that

u have shown ample proof of zero understanding of what design means, what technology is and always hide behind excuses of chinese IT being behind due to lack of english.

i posted a question on the other thread about Germans being the creators of state of the art computer software SAP despite not knowing english. do u have an answer to that?

china is a manufacturing hub, because of the cheap labor. as for the fighter plane, i have posted another thread about chinese governments attempt to steal stealth secrets from US b-2 bombers.

in fact after talking to guys like u i am becoming very sure every day about one thing, chinese are capable of nothing but copying. no innovation at all.
      may be thats why ur city's landscape are also a copy of hong kong- the british gift...
      I 'll show u a new world!

Comment

Currently,china is good at copying.Just like what japan was 30 years ago and what korea was 10-20 years ago.By copying,chinese learned many things.
        I hope in future one day,india will also have the capability to copy(currently, india failed many times trying copy). then,india will develop faster in industrial field.
        Sometime ,it is hard to define copying. You eat with teeth and mouth,I also eat with teeth and mouth.As far as the eating manner is concerned,You copy me or I copy you?Open your mind,you will find there are many things behind copying.
        Last edited by chinesemilitaryfan; 01-08-2007, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Could anyone post some pictures of the cars that India exports?

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
            NEW DELHI: Here’s where the dragon will have to dig its heels. China’s car market may be double that of India, but when it comes to exports, it clearly lags behind. China’s auto exports doubled to 340,000 units in 2006 but were less than half of India’s total vehicle export tally of 970,620 units (including two- and three-wheelers). Sedan exports tripled to 90,000 units in China but fell far short of India’s 191,723-unit passenger vehicle export tally.

According to SIAM statistics, India’s passenger vehicle exports, dominated by cars, quadrupled from 46,028 units in 2001 to 164,965 units in 2004, hitting 171,608 units in 2005. India’s total export CAGR in the 01-06 period was 41.72% with cars and jeeps clocking 33%. China’s total vehicle exports, on the other hand, jumped 120% from 78,000 units in 2004 to 173,000 units in 2005. In terms of value, China’s vehicle exports have hit $1.58 billion while India’s tally is expected to be $2.8 billion, up from $2.25 billion clocked in 2005. Just passenger vehicle exports from India (mostly cars and some jeeps) were worth an estimated $1.4 million (i think it should be billion) in 2006.

Analysts say the reason behind the skew lies in China’s predominant position in parts exports as opposed to vehicle exports.

China exports ten times more in value terms of components than India does as global companies use the Chinese scale to source for developed markets. However, China's domestic appetite for vehicles is so big, that the local scale is pretty much consumed locally.

Says Arindam Bhattacharya of BCG: “An overwhelming majority of India’s vehicle exports comprise small cars and motorcycles. In both these markets, India is the second largest player, has excellent quality, competitive costs and enough scale. And in both these markets, India’s cost per unit is very competitive.

Small cars are just beginning to pick up in China as global players work on compact models. In contrast, China’s component scale and investments are very high so they are competitive in that segment. And even though China is the biggest motorcycle market, individual players don’t have scale because the market is fragmented.”

India’s auto parts exports too have been on a growth trot with total cumulative parts exports being worth Rs 6280 crore in the fiscal 2004-2005 which is expected to touch Rs 9700 crore in 2006, as per data collated by ACMA.

As for China, its total exports (vehicles and parts) reached $10.9 billion in 2005, up 34%. India's auto parts have been growing at a CAGR of 39% in the past three years helping the export tally to grow from the Rs 2623 crore clocked in 2001-2002. Parts exports are expected to be up by nearly 54% in 2005-06. India's imports are growing at the CAGR of 39% in the past five years and are expected to touch Rs 8450 crore.

Neo and india1989:Use your brain,
            reread it,it seems you didn't get the point of this article.

Comment

Originally posted by torabera
              nice pictures, googleabcd and india1989,
              congrats to india and china on their progress in the auto industry
              hope soon they will be able to make better cars than japs
              japs won't be happy to see this
              btw, are these cars made 100% by china or india?
              by 100% i mean, design, manufacture, parts, company ownership?
              Yes the cars made in India are completely, 100% Indian. I don't know about Chinese cars.

The car which India exported is this

Comment

Originally posted by Neo
                India89..give up educating these chinese. they were born and fed on the milk of communism propaganda. all they see is red

they will never accept that despite their big mouth, not one quality product designed and manufactured in china is good enough for the outside world
                all they are capable of is making things once the western designers order them to do so.

perhaps they are machine like after so many years of communism. lost the ability to think...
                You are so right. I should give up educating them. I think you are right. They have become machines under communism. IN Communism one can't think. They always have to listen to the government, so they have lost their creativity. That's why nothing is Researched and Developed in China but only manufactured.

Comment

Working...
                X