Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you tell your parents you're dating a non-indian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell your parents you're dating a non-indian?

hey guys, im a guy from America, indian born but mostly raised in america, met a girl started dating a girl, we've been going out for a year, and i still havent told my parents, her parents know about me and likes me very much, i want to tell my parents but i dont want to dissappoint them or them to dissapprove of her because i love her...if anyone has an idea of how to tell them, i would love to hear it..thanks so much!

-indian man

You have told that you are living in America for long time. Are your parents also living with you. If yes, for how long?
    Megrisoft Team Member
    Search India

Comment

yes

yes, ive been living here for about 8 years and yes with my parents

Comment

Everyone knows very well that Its very difficult for Indian parents to see non-Indian guy or girl as their son-in-law or daughter-in-law. They thinks that non-Indian cannot adjust or adopt the Indian culture and their traditions.
        But in your case as 8 years have passed. In these years, I think your parents thinking have changed a lot. Have a courage, Speak to them about your love. Hope, They will accept her as their daughter-in-law. After all, its a matter of their son's life.
        If you have more queries, you are most welcome.
        Wish you a good luck.
        Megrisoft Team Member
        Search India

Comment

Wish U Luck

As U have said that U are born in India and raised in America and U have been in America for 8 years.So it is clear that U have adopted both the cultures well in U and as far as your parents are conserned they also might have adopted some in them.It is better not to hide and share your secret.I am sure they will listen to U and understand your feelings for the girl.Don't loose heart GO AHEAD.WISH U LUCK.
          Megrisoft team member
          Article Directory
          SEO India
          Link Building India

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Please post more

Thank you so much guys, i hope they understand too but my parents are very strict, so i will see after a little while on how to do it, again thanks so much and if you have any more input or questions, please reply, thanks a lot!

Comment

IndianMan think of youself whatever may be case if you like white gal than marry her... i hope you are dating her for purpose of marriage.... your parent had lived their life now its your turn to live. In this case don't think of Indian society, your parent .. because in your case i believe your parents will agree to have non-indian daughter in law..

Comment

I think u should use an exanple be like "One of my Indian firends hes going out
                with a __________ "(Chena,gori, kala) insert one
                and see what happens

Comment

IndianMan, Im just trying to understand your situation, so please bear with my questions.

What makes your parents so strict about an indian daughter-in-law? Is it the fear of losing their culture for their next generations? Is it the fear that a non-indian girl will not treat them and you the way an indian girl is assumed to? What are their worries regarding this matter?

Are you emotionally close to your parents that you can discuss likes and dislikes of yours and theirs?

If you are scared and procrastinating telling your parents about your non-indian girlfriend, you are seriously wasting your & her time, you are creating hopes in her, you are making your parents believe that you will still go for an arranged marriage etc. When your parents dont know about you and her, there is no point in buying time for nothing.

If you think arranged marriage will do you good when you are actually in love with a non-indian girl, please think again. What really matters is love, understanding. Arranged marriages dont guarantee that.

I suggest that you should take action faster, find out about your parents expectations/fears, try to talk to them about how important it is to get a good wife - not necessarily indian, showing them alternatives to what an indian wife is expected to do etc..

If you are interested in practising hinduism, indian culture (to the extent it makes sense in USA) after marriage along with your wife, please tell her that. She, being in love with you, accepts you for what you are.. Who knows, she may become quite comfortable with you and your family...

I wish you all the best !

Comment

Working...
                  X