I am not a troll, please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not a troll, please read!

Is India a land of filth? I frequent another board ( a football board) where another member just informed me that India was a land of filth. Here is the quote:

JimJersey... : FatMan in Charlotte : 2/24/05 5:18 PM
    India's certainly not just a land of filth. It's a land of filth and disease.
    I'd say otherwise, but the rivers of human feces, the downtrodden who roam the land with oozing open sores, and the piles of trash and excrement that lines every road logically tell me otherwise. But go ahead and ask your colleagues if they come from a land of filth. I'm sure they'll be proud to admit it.

Here is the link:

I am not of Indian descent, but wanted a perspective of Indians who either reside or frequent India. Is it as this man describes?

I have a dear friend who has just returned from New York.

He informs me that New York is a sink of iniquity.
    The people there are all muggers(actual or potential),rapists(mostly actual) and murderers(both actual and potential).
    Prostitutes line every inch of the city streets and pimps every other inch.
    Every son of a gun there is a thief and he can prove that with a gun which every son of a gun there has.
    But what else do you expect when everyone there is on drugs anyway?

I have great regard for this friend of mine,but I wonder if he is telling me the truth.
    I have not been to the US of A and so cannot tell.
    Could some kind New Yorker describe the city from his perspective?
    By the way I am not a troll.

Comment

I would say that you are wrong. New York is not such a place, not even in its hayday of crime and pestilence.

I see I'm being misunderstood here. I was not trying to insult or denegrate anything about the country of India. I was shocked to read how this person felt and wanted a response from people who reside or have visited India. I wanted to prove this person was incorrect.

Comment

JSC,

Either you are very naive or you consider us very naive.

I know its early morning where you are but I would stll suggest you go to bed...and please don't come back

Comment

Is there anyone besides this gentleman with an opinion on this matter?

Comment

The sewer systems vary depending on where you go. Cities have decent sewer service. Local places do not. Just like NYC vs some hick place in tennessee.

But again, we cannot say your friend is unbiased anyways? Afterall the American media does a great job of bashing the indian civilization, and heritage. What else do you expect from Anglos?

But to be square, India is a top tourist destinations. There ARE slums (the places your friend mentioned) and there are havens. Some places are good and others dirty. Just like any other country. India just gets bashed more often due to the color of the skin that its people have.

but dont worry, Muslims-arabs will make london into a sewer in the next 15 years.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2005, 02:02 AM.

Comment

There are slums and poor villages which are not very much clean. We are in a developing country and we are no Switzerland.
              Definitely at many places filthy trash will be seen alongwith human habitats. But that's not the general scene what you will see in India. We do have clean and green cities and villages.

Dont you have dirty places even in the developed countries ?

Comment

In two words: Hell no

It exists, but it isn't a stinking cesspool. You're a smart person, use your head. Why would millions of people travel to a "stinking cesspool" every year if it really was that bad?

The cities are mostly dirty (Delhi is actually really nice and green for the most part) in comparison to cities in Europe and North America, but the countryside is where the beauty really is, and it's also where most Indians live. That said, even if there are places like Dharavi in Bombay, there are still many redeeming qualities about the cities that make them worthwhile to visit.

Comment

Working...
                X