Where is the Rose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Rose?

To those metaphysically inclined and ontologically biased here is a question for you.

Where is the Rose?

I have in my hand a rose plant. It could well have been any other living thing, but for my purposes I will persist with the rose.

My rose has a flower, leaves, a stem and roots.
    My mission: to find out the essence of the rose by removing the superfluous.

I pluck out the flower; it merely serves to propagate the plant, and hence cannot be its essence. It is superfluous.

I pluck out the leaves; these merely serve to produce sustenance for the plant, and hence not its essence. It is superfluous.

I pluck out the stem; it just provides a supportive structure for the rest of the plant, and hence not its essence. It is superfluous.

I pluck out the roots; these just gather nutrients from the earth for the rest of the plant, and hence not its essence. It is superfluous.

Suddenly I have nothing left.

Where is the Rose?

The rose should be in our heart.Rose depicts the love and love is a something which one can feel not flaunt it around.Days may come and go,season can change,but love for someone remains fresh in our heart as a rose.Love has to be nutured with deep care and tender feelings same as rose which needs care.So if we have love for someone we have the rose otherwise we are not only empty handed but our life is also loveless and a desert where no rose can be found.
    IndiaBook Sr Editor and Reviewer
    IndiaBook is like my child whom I want to nuture till perfection.It is a dream of success which will be made reality soon.

Comment

when you hadn't seen the rose were it the rose. rose doesn't know that it is rose. you give the name.

Comment

Working...
      X