Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From France, looking for Indian contact...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From France, looking for Indian contact...

Hi everyone,
    First of all, I would like to apologyze my poor "english" !
    But if you prefer to speak french, I will not have any problem...
    I'am a man, based in France, and the daughter of my brother in law is going to go soon to India, for 3 months, around Oootacamund.
    Would you be kind to keep in touch with me, just to discuss about the weather, how Christmas is celabrated in India, and so on...
    From all the family, many thanks for your answer and the help I could get through some chats or e-mails you can send at : salberic@aol.com.
    Albéric.

HI,
    It is nice to hear from you Alberic. Thanks for visiting this site and welcome to this site. Oootacamund is a very nice place. I visited there. It is also called Ooty in short form. It is a very nice hill station. Good for tourists. Climate is really good and lots ofvegetation.

Christmas is celebrated with great pomp and show in some parts of India. People have parties, they have shows and lots of things. Some parts they celebrate it for just fun like I did. To get some gifts. Some people don't celebrate it that much. But in cities it is celebrated. People go for shopping and have lots of fun.

Comment

Hi "India1989" !...

Many thanks for your answer.
      May I think that you are leaving in India ?

Having a contact there could help my family in law to be less stressed before Julie, the daughter of my brother in law, leaves France in two weeks time, for 3 months.
      The purpose of a such contact is to know a little bit how Indian people are living, what the weather is, and so on...

I'm 50, and what about you ? What are you doing (life, work...).

Julie is coming to India to help during three months the Christian missionnary, around Ootacamund, so I think she will not spend a lot of time to visit the country.

Wouldn't be possible to continue this dialog with e-mail, easier way for me to know if I get an answer ? My e-mail address is : salberic@aol.com

Again, many thanks for understanding and you help.
      Albéric.

Comment

No problem. The main problem is that I am not living in India right now. I used live there 2 years back but now I immigrated and regret it.
        I am 16 and a grade 11 student.

It is good that Julie is coming here on Christian missionary. But telling you about the life of people in india is hard. Every city the life differ, people differ, language differ, and ethnicity differs. With 1752 languages it is hard for even me to communicate with lots of people in India but fortunately there's an officaial language Hindi.

But in Ootacamund life must be really simple. People going to work and come back home. There are tea gardens over there. Many people work there, in shops and in hotels, cabs and stuffs. I dont' know about any industry over there. Ooty is way in south and I live 1000km away from it way in the east near Kolkata(Calcutta).

My email id

soumodeep@gmail.com

Comment

India1989 <== I send this mail to Alberic
          ===================================

hi,

I had seen your message on below written link.

http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1537.

I hope you can contact me for any sort of help on my mobile phone +91-9840884344

My name is sunil

But dont expect me to do any thing against law of my country , i hope you understand.

If daughter of your brother in law have any problem in india she can contact me.

But remember one thing i am not rich i m just a good software professional. Tell her not to trust any one coz people are more smarter if they come to know they can earn from you they will exploit you.

Always Friend
          Sunilkumar
          ==================================
          "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Sunilkumar your are, really really ..... sweet ..... i hope you will also help me ....Thanks for putting you contact number .... he he ....good way to distribute your phone number to all girls on forum ... by the way i got your number
            Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Hey Priyanka read the below mail that Alberic had send me, you can also read the reply that i had given to him... and for your information .. Alberic is of about 50 yr of age .... I never thought that girl will take my phone number from here .... any way i am always read to help you priyanka ji.....
              ================================================== =======

Hi Sunil,

Many thanks for your answer and for the help you kindly offered.
              Fisrt of all, I would like to apologyze for my English and all the mistakes you could discover in the e-emails we could have together. You know, I'm French !...
              Don't worry, I'll never ask you anything against law of your country, and against law of any country !
              I'm perhaps no more rich as you are. I've two little shops where I'm only selling sandwiches in a medium town, called Dunkerque in the north of France.
              The daughter of my brother in law, named Julie, is going to India and her fly is fixed on the 19th of december. Her journey is planned for 3 months in India. She will stay around Ootacamund, in Coimbatore, Mully, Ooti or Ketty. She will be welcomed and she will worked for a Christain missionnary of Marie.
              My purpose is to provide to my brother in law and all the family, any information about India, people who are living there, and natural practices they have, and so on.
              Could you imagine one young member of your family leaving you for three months, so far away, and flying for the fisrt time of his life ?...
              You could laugh about the fact we are afraind, even if we wish her to succeed the mission she has decided alone.
              So, thank you for your help and any news you could provide us or address of sites where I could find general information regarding India (weather, style of life and so on...).

Your new Friend,
              Albéric.

================================================== ======

My Reply to above mail

================================================== ======
              hi alberic,

It's my pleasure to help you,
              And don't be apologize for your English, Your English is nice and understandable & it is far better than me. English is not my mother tongue still I can communicate to carry out my work & i think that is enough for me.

India is a country of different languages all states of India have its own native language, Ootacamund or Udhagamandalam, commonly known as Ooty. Ooty is in state:-Tamil Nadu and local language of Ooty is Tamil.

And for your information I don’t know Tamil, But I work in State:- Tamil Nadu, city:- Chennai, my mother tongue is Hindi, Hindi is also our national language but people in south of India generally don’t know Hindi and i don’t know Tamil.

As per food all state of India have their own Variety of food, so i can say julie will going to eat more spice food here as she is coming in south of India. (Ooty is in south of india). I hope she will learn how to cook some south indian dish
              Like, Dosha, Idily, Masala Dosha, utapa, Sambhar etc.. in India and if she learn then that will be good for your bussiness..

Ooty is a hill station but i am sure snow will not fall in Ooty. yea you can expect rain, temperature of Ooty is always nice.

Check the below link and know regarding Ooty

incredibleindiaholiday.com/incredible-india-hill-resorts/ooty-hill-resorts.html

Albéric, i am working in Good software company (i.e. service based software company) in chennai but as per my work i have to go at client place, there I have to provide them system support related to their oracle database so right now i am chennai & i can not say were i will be in near future... it may be any other city of india or out of india... So if my phone number gets change you can drop me mail any time.

Four big Metropolitian city of India

[1] Delhi (New delhi/ Old delhi there is no difference) It is capital of India (North of Inida).

[2] Mumbai <--- Earlier the name of Mumbai was Bombay. (western part of inida in state:- Maharastra).

[3] Kolkatta <--- (Eastern part of Inida in state:- West Bengal) Earlier the name of Kolkatta was calcutta.

[4] Chennai <--- (South of India in state :- Tamil Nadu) Earlier the name of Chennai was Madras.

Below is link to know regarding tourisim places in inida

incredibleindiaholiday.com/
              People of south of india is much decent compare to the north of india. Crime rate in south of india is very less campare to north of inida. & Area wise India is a big country.

Advice for Julie,
              [1] Don’t touch unnecessary electric wires.
              [2] Take care of herself while she is driving any vehicles
              [3] While crossing the road she should be alert.
              [4] Don’t trust any one. I mean to say apply brain while trusting any stranger.
              [5] Julie is female so tell her to wear cloth which can hide most part of her body & secondly by this she will be safe from mosquito in night.
              [6] Always use mosquito mat. Or net in night when she is sleeping.

My above advice are very general that what all parent say to their child. India is a democratic country so she should not have to afraid for any thing.

Yea i can understand what you must be feeling as young member of your family is leaving house for 3 month and flying to another country.

Alberic Be cool... I am here, so i will try my best to help you within my limitation.

Right now take care of yourself & Bye
              Regards
              Your Friend sunil (Indian from india)

Thats it enjoy!!!!!
              Last edited by megrisoft; 12-10-2005, 08:49 AM.
              "Situation have way of changing Don’t expect help. Help yourself. The day you help yourself, it’s your First step to success."

Fight on my dear self, fight on. Life is a struggle, do not shirk struggle Enjoy the sweetness of life but do not stop struggle, Fight on my dear self Do not entertain fear for fear is death. The world will frighten you but fight on, dear self fight on.............

Comment

Great .. sunilkumar now you got one friend from Fracne ... keep it up.. but always be smart and diplomat..... i hope you understand ...
                Making a million friends is not a miracle, the miracle is to make a friend who will stand by you when a million are against you..

Comment

Working...
                X