X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinations In India

Jaisalmer

This far-flung town in European Rajasthan recognizes a impressive raise in travel and leisure during the much-awaited Wasteland Event in Feb. Known as for Maharawal Jaisal Singh, who established the princely condition, Jaisalmer is known for its amazing citadel, Trikoot Garh. Better known as Sonar Kella (Golden Fort) after a Satyajit Ray movie of that name, it is a residing framework and housing a one fourth of the area's inhabitants. The Thar starts ten or twenty yards from the town. Appreciate a desert evening opera, climbing across the hills on camels. If your pockets allows, perspective the desert from a hot air increase.
    Though winter year is the recommended year to check out Rajasthan, a monsoon journey uncovers the desert in a different personality. As expecting monsoon atmosphere come down over the dun scenery, periodic waterways expand and display flooding convert streets into runnels. The Gadisar Pond fills up to potential and brims with catfish.
    Getting there: Jodhpur (300 km) is the closest airport terminal. There are teaches from Delhi (800 km) or Jaipur (570 km). The Structure on Tires comes in Jaisalmer on Sundays.
    When to go: Oct to March

I Love this Forum

Situated amid picturesque Thar Desert, the Jaisalmer city commands premiere position among the tourist attractions scattered all over Rajasthan. The Jaisalmer city is revered both by Indian as well as foreign tourists.

Desert Festival Jaisalmer

How to reach: SUV or Camel safari
    Timing: In the month of February
    Attractions: Cultural showcase

Desert Festival of Jaisalmer is a colorful festival held in February every year. You will get to see Cultural events, camel races, turban tying competitions etc. Not exciting enough! Attend the contests to judge the man with the best moustache. Everything is exotic in the Desert festival, amidst the golden sands of the Thar Desert. With a final musical performance by folk singers under the moonlit sky at the dunes in Sam, just outside Jaisalmer, the festival comes to its end. The rich culture of the region is on display during this three daylong extravaganza.

Comment

Jaisalmer Fort is one of the largest forts in the world. It is situated in Jaisalmer city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It was built in 1156 AD by the Bhati Rajput ruler Rao Jaisal, from where it derives it name. The fort stands proudly amidst the golden stretches of the great Thar Desert.

Jaisalmer Fort Built in the 12th century, the Jaisalmer Fort is one of the few living monuments in the world and home to a fourth of the city’s population. Built in yellow sandstone, this wondrous monument looks like a ship in a sea of golden sands from afar, giving it the name of Ship Fort as well.

The rising and setting sun is said to adorn the mighty walls and paved ways of this fort in another colour and trust me on this one, seeing is believing.

Comment

Such a nice place to visit with family.

Comment

Jaisalmer is truly a place to be. Lovely place to visit with friends and family to spend some quality time.
          Last edited by Parveen Komal; 05-05-2016, 11:01 AM.

Comment

yaa..
            I hear that it is a good place.But I never got a chance to visit Jaisalmer.
            In Jaisalmer ,The Town stands on a ridge of a Yellowish Sandstone,crowned by a Fort,which contains the places and several ornate jain temples.Jaisalmer comes in Rajasthan which is also known as "The Golden City".

Comment

Jaislmer Fort are truly beautifull place,where we can visit with are families and friends .The peoples who are living there they are such a good persons and they help the tourist and show some cultural activities and some beautiful items which they created by hands.there are some Rajasthani dances which is a unique dance for the touristors.

So Visit there definately.
              I love forums

Comment

yeah,
                its really a good palace to travel..

Comment

Yes it is a good place. The dressing sences and culture is very interesting. The nick name of jaisalmer is the "GOLDEN CITY".The town stands on a ridge of yellowish sandstone, crowned by a fort.It is the largest district of Rajasthan and one of the largest in the country.
                  I LOVE BLOGS.

Comment

Jaisalmer when i heard about this city only one name is come out for this beautiful city ( i.e.)"A Golden City". It is a town situated at the Indian state of Rajasthan. It has been enriched by its Jain community. This is a place where every one want to go with their families, friends and to learn about the history of Jaisalmer.

Enjoy

Have a great fun over there
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-07-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Yes really Jaisalmer is the best place to visit in India..

Comment

Jaisalmer is the best traditional place to visit..

Comment

I agree with you BespokeD that jaislmer such a very traditional place for visit.
                          I Love this Forum

Comment

Jaisalmer is the beatiful place to visit In this land of deserts and palaces, peddlers and kings, sun, sand and music, when you pull over in…

Comment

Thank You Poonam..

Comment

Working...
                              X