Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption in India

hi friends,

I don't have the rankings or facts with me at this moment,but want to share my feelings with u all.........

When I was in my B.Tech final I read a coloumn written by a Medico student in CSR which won prize and the topic is "What ails India more?Over population or corruption?"That was brilliant....some of the points written were jus my thoughts.

Corruption is the word which I hate most but sorry to say that even I encourage corruption at times in my life to do things faster.I feel it starts at the early stages of our lives;when we refuse to go to school,our parents bribe us by giving a chocolate.From the next time,we will be expecting the same thing to be repeated......am I rite????

Unfortunately,we being educated also give bribes to make our works done in a faster way.We will be coming across many situations in our daily life like offering little money to traffic constables when we are stopped due to lack of licence,to get our certificates/memos/mark sheets from universities,in hospitals,in revenue offices..........wat not if I start listing the departments I have to list almost all the departments...

please note that I am not saying that all the officials are corrupted but majority will be them only.We don't have even words to express when it comes to POLITICIANS...I am the eye witness of a local corporator in my home town who transferred his small house to a 2 stair building and bought 2 cars(before the elections he used to drive a old scooter)within 5 yrs of time n asks for money to do a small work........

Guys,let us try hard to keep India clean........I have many many things to express but I feel that u feel bored .........so stopping....but think abt this

India is 80th most corrupted country out of the 205 countries in the world.

I think corruption is the major problem. Not population. One cannot blame population. Population is actually the boon for us. We dont' just identify its advantages. We only blame it. Countries with even higher population has done better then many countries with less population like Canada or UK.

Comment

hi India(n)1989,

nice to see the figures but could u pls tell me from where u r getting all the numerical figures and such useful stuff?

Do u suggest any small tips/tricks to avoid corruption?

Comment

According to the annual survey by the Berlin-based organization Transparency International, Finland, Denmark, and New Zealand are perceived to be the world's least corrupt countries, and Somalia and Myanmar are perceived to be the most corrupt.

I hope this helps. India is ranked 88 to be precise. I think its really hard to avoid corruption in India but all you could do is try hard not to pay bribes. You could be less corruted in small issues like treat everyone equally. Depends on the type of job you do. If you deal with people a lot treat them equally.

Don't take bribes from anyone. Like small things. But try not to get into trouble with police. Police is a dangerous thing over there. But except for that i think you can avoid bribes in other fields. Money is the root for corruption. This is all i can say. Now its all upto you on how to avoid corruption.

Tricks.
        Be nice to people. Don't just show your temper to them. You can say nicely that i don't have money right now and i will get my job done by other person or you can say that i can't take extra money. You know never show anger while trying to prevent corruption. I am not that experienced in this matter so i can't say much. But that's all i can say. Again there are differnet types of corruption in differnet places. By saying different i meant intensity of corruption.

Comment

I feel that we should have atleast a basic knowledge on the rules and regulations of such departments which we come across in our daily routine. If we know the traffic rules and carry our documents of the vehicle with us,we can surely avoid paying bribes.These small things can sum up to form a corruptless world.

Mindsets of the people has to be changed.Moreover youth should take proper steps to eradicate corruption.When we are perfect we can have the right to say others not to be corruptious.

We may not come across some situations where lives will be paid off jus because of negligence in following the rules.Laws should me made tight but it can't be possible as of now coz most of the politicians are corruptious and they can't approve such laws.

SAVE INDIA FROM CORRUPTION AND MAKE OUR COUNTRY A CORRUPT - FREE WORLD ATLEAST FOR THE NEXT GENERATION.

Jai Hind

Comment

In India the main source of corruption comes from the higher class people who has lots of money and fame. THey are the one who creates corruption.

Yeah that is one way to prevent corruption. I am eagerly waiting to see a corrupt free India.

Comment

How can u say that high class people are the reason for corruption?If I am not wrong,u myt be in Canada n u can suggest some principles followed by the Govt. of Canada inorder to prevent or eradicate corruption.

I am sorry friend,eagerly waiting for a corrupt free country is foolish without contributing anything.Looking for a corrupt free country is not a one day or one nite process.We people who have a focus on tomorrow's India(I am not saying tht we are the only ones who have a clear cut idea on tomorrow's India)should do atleast a little to save our country.

pls don't take it in an other way......I don't have any anger on u.....my aim is just to link all the young blood for a better India.

Jai hind

Comment

i understand what you are trying to say. But see i have watched documentaries on corruption in India. See in India if police wants they could make our country crime free in less then a week. Who could stop them? No one. But who stops them? It is the ministers. In our country it is the ministers who are corrupt and indulge in all types of criminal acitivities. then they ask the police to not do anything. If police is honest and does his work he is either transferred or fired. This is mostly the case. People sitting at the top is corrupted. see if people sitting at the top were not corrupted then they could easily order people below them to do the work properly. If they don't people at the top can easily fire them and can do whatever they want. People below them has to follow their order. People at the top are the main cause of corruption. Think if your dad didn't say anything if you stole then you will keep on stealing but if your dad scolded you or punished you for stealing you won't steal anymore.

Its just like that. You have to find the root of the corruption (which is easy to find) and you then have to uproot it (which is hard to do) to end corruption.

In Canada corruption is not that much. There are low levels of corruption which is insignificant. There are less people and less crime so no need for corruption.

Comment

Same thing in your neighboring country.
                  may be chinese condition is better according to this http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html,however it seems we also have a tough task to fight against corruption.

May be the tolerance as well as self-punishment theory in asian culture shall answer for these ugly socicial facts under a world with lost morality.

Comment

Well I can say that India has the most corrupt government amongst all the developed and highly industrialized nations.

But yeah that's true that both of our country needs to do some work on removing corruption. But doing this is the hard part.

Comment

First of all the mindset of the people should be changed n it will be better if most of the politicians are taken to moon n left there.

Power should be in the hands of the people but not in the books/laws.If the rules are not followed by people it's of no use how strong they are.......

My dear friend from China,not only u ppl are suffering many parts of the world is facing this prob at this moment...

We should strive hard to make our countries better........

Comment

WE should strive really hard to make our country better. Only if we do. We only say but who does? No one. Well we actually have to do instead of saying big. Its easier said then done.

Our laws are really good. But we need good people running our country and executing those laws properly.

Comment

u r absolutely right.........we need ppl who have good ideas n guts.......

First of all we should have right guidance n have proper ideas to implement... we should have sound knowledge on the current scenario n guts to strive hard to save our country.......

DO u have any idea punishing the corrupted?pls let me know.......whether to complain to police/anything else........u said laws are strong but where is the one who is going to implement them?

Comment

yeah for this we need educated and dedicated people. People who know what is right and knows what are the problems of the normal people. He should know what are the problems INdia faces. He should be dedicated to his work.

THere are some ministers who doens't even know that some states exist in India. When asked Laloo about Manipur and Assam and Nagaland he never knew that those are parts of India. He never even knew that Lakshadweep is an Indian territory.

So we really need educated people.

Comment

Friends,need some ideas from u ppl......help in forming a grp n make our country free from corruption atleast for the coming generation........

Comment

Working...
                              X